You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Golf - The Masters 2020

Bjornebye

We do a bit of a sweepstake thing for this every year.

Pick 8 (only 2 from the World Top 10).

Then your top (lowest scoring) 4 go into the weekend.

Lowest combined score wins.

Thinking of going...

Bryson

DJ

Bubba

Brooks

Rickie

Spieth

Fleetwood

Patrick Reed

Thoughts?

16 minutes ago, Lario said:

We do a bit of a sweepstake thing for this every year.

Pick 8 (only 2 from the World Top 10).

Then your top (lowest scoring) 4 go into the weekend.

Lowest combined score wins.

Thinking of going...

Bryson

DJ

Bubba

Brooks

Rickie

Spieth

Fleetwood

Patrick Reed

Thoughts?

Decent. 

1 hour ago, VladimirIlyich said:

The US Open is the best followed by the British Open because they rotate course, have larger fields and make the course more difficult. Augusta is the same every year,more or less. The best majors are where they struggle to break par.

I respectfully disagree. Whilst I enjoy the players being tested, the US Open can be a very fine line. When they’re being beat up and it’s a bogey-fest, that doesn’t entertain me.

The back 9 on Sunday at Augusta with the twists and turns and the huge roars (which we’ll obviously miss this year) is one of the highlights of the sporting calendar.

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, Brownie said:

I respectfully disagree. Whilst I enjoy the players being tested, the US Open can be a very fine line. When they’re being beat up and it’s a bogey-fest, that doesn’t entertain me.

The back 9 on Sunday at Augusta with the twists and turns and the huge roars (which we’ll obviously miss this year) is one of the highlights of the sporting calendar.

Yeah I'm with Brownie here. The Masters is special. The US Open is ok but fuck all on the British Open let alone the Masters. 

1 minute ago, Brownie said:

I don't disagree that the back 9 of the Masters on a Sunday is a sporting highlight,I enjoy it too,I just dispute the tournament fitting the majors criteria.