You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Leicester (H) - Premier League - 21/11/2020 - 15:00 (As it stands)

Bjornebye

I understand his point, especially as he says that in current times things have changed, so why can’t the scheduling of football change to help players.

Pre-COVID we had 3 kick off times on a Saturday, two on a Sunday and the odd Friday/ Monday thrown in for good measure.

With no fans in the stadium we now have no two matches kicking off together, so the schedule right now could do more to help those in Europe, and as Kloop notes, the national competition next year. 

There is no excuse if BT have the 12.30 kick off and this weekend it’s Brighton v Us, that they could change that time and whoever is kicking off at 5 (and neither team in Europe) have that slot instead, just switch things round, after all, there are only 6 out of 20 teams playing European competitions mid week.

Or, heaven forbid, there’s no reason why we can’t have 3 or 4 games kick off at 3pm on Saturday and one broadcaster has all three.

If we carry on like we are, we are in danger of the next set of broadcast rights insisting that no two matches are played at the same time so they can sell more rights abroad and make more money.

3 minutes ago, an tha said:

Probably tough for him to rail against the whole shitshow and he probably just wanted to frame his argument on football and maybe when he said all need to talk he meant clubs too...

This should not be hard - there has to be a way to find a better balance. TV companies must be made to realise that if more and more key players get injured because of insufficient recovery time that begins to have a negative impact on the product they are covering and on the enjoyment of the audiences....which then can have an effect on the all important viewing figures, advertising revenue etc...

Personally, I think the key problem here is actually these outrageous international breaks... when football least needs it, we have created a "European Friendlies" league.  As if the fucking World Cup and Euros aren't enough.

Absolutely, total, meaningless nonsense... where players are now playing 3 games during a "break".

And then back to a League game 2 days later.  Madness.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, dandyman said:

If we carry on like we are, we are in danger of the next set of broadcast rights insisting that no two matches are played at the same time so they can sell more rights abroad and make more money.

Absolutely on the cards.

And again, it will be the clubs that agree to it - for money.

4 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Yep, and by definition they are the best players doing so.

It might make sense if those were used to get some second tier players experience but you have hacks like Southgate trying to make a career out of them.

And all this plane travel and country-hopping - in a fucking pandemic.

8 minutes ago, skaro said:

Personally, I think the key problem here is actually these outrageous international breaks... when football least needs it, we have created a "European Friendlies" league.  As if the fucking World Cup and Euros aren't enough.

Absolutely, total, meaningless nonsense... where players are now playing 3 games during a "break".

The international break is shite, it was always 2 games whether it was friendlies or qualifiers...the two breaks so far this season has seen them add a 3rd and it is fucking madness.

I think only european nations did add the 3rd mind...pure greed.

The mickey mouse league shite is uefa flexing its muscles at power of club football IMO.

2 hours ago, Anubis said:

Has Rog come out from behind the curtains yet?

Bless you. Ten minutes into the second half I sneaked a look at the score and saw 2-0; swimming, but not out of the water yet. I had a death-defying glance at the TV just as Bobby scored. Now we're definitely on terra firm(inh)a. Absolutely loved the team's reaction. It's clearly been an issue. 

A tad calmer now, but to be honest this win was never in doubt. Said it all along. 

What is a better 11, the team out tonight or this?

Adrian

Trent Gomez VVD Tsimikas

Thiago Henderson Ox

Salah Minamino Shaq

Probably more goals in the team that played tonight and Alisson but it's close. Just proves that Klopp has some squad at his disposal now

Before City played Leeds earlier this year they were going on about how much Guardiola admired/was inspired by Bielsa. But if Bielsa watches football for fun he must look at Klopp's team and say "that's how it's done!"

Watched it live, went to work for a couple hours and came home to watch it again.

Brilliant football. 

8 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Fucking hell, fuck fuck off. You have to wonder what his diet is when he's not at the training ground. 

Ham and cheese string sandwiches. Shortened to... 

9 hours ago, sir roger said:

Thought it would be a toughie tonight but ended up the highest xG differential in any PL game this season, so what do I know ? Every man jack of them played well.

Lets beat Atalanta and open up options for rest in the last two ties , particularly away to the mink shaggers.

Fuck off.  Mink shaggers ? Really ? 6000 people lost their jobs and alot lost their livelyhood forever. What a fucking shit thing to say. 

I don't give a flying fuck about the Mink farmes. Animal cruelty in my opinion. But making fun off people losing their jobs makes you sound like a fucking Manc  making jokes about the dockers. 

8 hours ago, skaro said:

I am pretty sure the international schedule returns to two games per cycle in the spring when WC Qualifying begins. 

39 minutes ago, Johnlj said:

Fuck off.  Mink shaggers ? Really ? 6000 people lost their jobs and alot lost their livelyhood forever. What a fucking shit thing to say. 

I don't give a flying fuck about the Mink farmes. Animal cruelty in my opinion. But making fun off people losing their jobs makes you sound like a fucking Manc  making jokes about the dockers. 

I'm not seeing a denial there, just saying. 

For all those that have been campaigning for the abolition of mink farming, at least in this case they have it. Of course the loss of jobs is not great, along with the deaths of a shitload of mink. But you cannot have the ceasing of a mink trade and expect not to lose jobs, and also mink. If it made money then you can be assured it will return, it will take time but it will return. 

Back to football.

One of those mornings when you wake up and are even happier with the result than you were when you went to bed.