You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Leicester (H) - Premier League - 21/11/2020 - 15:00 (As it stands)

Bjornebye

That was a class performance from start to finish. We’re so fucking good as football, it must be a bollox not to support us!

Gonna have a celebratory wank this evening. 
Kali Rose as Jessica Alba will do the trick nicely. 
will be asleep and all by 11!

4 minutes ago, Dynamite said:

He is spot on when he says 'they don't care'....love him calling them out on that....

Love him telling it exactly as it is.

Nobody will listen or do a thing though - when footy sold its soul to tv for the money it gave them all the power to do what they want, they'll continue to do it....we've seen it with their total lack of regard for fans and travelling and their total lack of regard for clubs and players.

You could even tell that prick holding the mic was ready to defend it.

9 minutes ago, an tha said:

He is spot on when he says 'they don't care'....love him calling them out on that....

Love him telling it exactly as it is.

Nobody will listen or do a thing though - when footy sold its soul to tv for the money it gave them all the power to do what they want, they'll continue to do it....we've seen it with their total lack of regard for fans and travelling and their total lack of regard for clubs and players.

You could even tell that prick holding the mic was ready to defend it.

But the clubs who agree to drop their pants, schedule-wise, for the money they get from telly are a big part of that soul-selling, aren't they?

I'm not sure I agree with Jurgen that it's one-way traffic in terms of the "blame".

TV and big football clubs were a match made in hell.

And I think "that prick holding the mic" was trying to say that it is an agreement... involving shit loads of money.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, skaro said:

But the clubs who agree to drop their pants, schedule-wise, for the money they get from telly are a big part of that soul-selling, aren't they?

I'm not sure I agree with Jurgen that it's one-way traffic in terms of the "blame".

TV and big football clubs were a match made in hell.

When i said footy sold its soul i absolutely included the clubs in that....they absolutely sold their souls to sky and bt et al 

I thought that was clear but can see how by using word footy it could not be seen.

7 minutes ago, an tha said:

When i said footy sold its soul i absolutely included the clubs in that....they absolutely sold their souls to sky and bt et al 

I thought that was clear but can see how by using word footy it could not be seen.

And that's why I don't fully accept Jurgen's point there... to posture that LFC, or United, or City, or any big clubs are somehow the "victims" of an evil media empire simply isn't true.

We are part of the problem, integral to the problem, two-to-tango... Jurgen could just as justifiably been having a crack at what already-privileged clubs agreed to in return for obscene, immoral truckloads of money.

10 minutes ago, skaro said:

And that's why I don't fully accept Jurgen's point there... to posture that LFC, or United, or City, or any big clubs are somehow the "victims" of an evil media empire simply isn't true.

We are part of the problem, integral to the problem, two-to-tango... Jurgen could just as justifiably been having a crack at what already privileged clubs agreed to in return for obsene, immoral truckloads of money.

I think it has got worse....the clubs are absolutely guilty of selling their souls to tv....to selling their supporters down the river - that is why we have seen all the countless examples of fans being fucked over with ridiculous kick off times - games where fans are asked to travel length of country for 1230 kick offs etc etc.

But there seems to be less and less regard from tv about the clubs schedule and it is for me down to the tv companies individual greed at wanting 'best pick' they can get for the slots they own....this fight is leading to the biggest clubs who are the biggest audience draws being fucked about the most....especially in a really crowded schedule.

There has to be a way to find a better balance

Of course tv companies will argue they pay a bomb they want most 'bang for their buck'

8 minutes ago, an tha said:

I think it has got worse....the clubs are absolutely guilty of selling their souls to tv....to selling their supporters down the river - that is why we have seen all the countless examples of fans being fucked over with ridiculous kick off times - games where fans are asked to travel length of country for 1230 kick offs etc etc.

But there seems to be less and less regard from tv about the clubs schedule and it is for me down to the tv companies individual greed at wanting 'best pick' they can get for the slots they own....this fight is leading to the biggest clubs who are the biggest audience draws being fucked about the most....especially in a really crowded schedule.

There has to be a way to find a better balance

Yeah, there has to be a way... but clubs needs to acknowledge that they are part of the problem - that they co-created the problem - not just BT and Sky.

Clubs sold their supporters down the river, not Sky or BT - that's why kick-off times have been moved to Sunday roast beef and Saturday supper times.

And then, on top of that - having sold their souls to move big games to suit tv audiences rather than actual supporters - clubs like us still have the temerity and greed to charge a small mortgage for match-goers, who might be lucky to get a handful of games at 3 o'clock on a Saturday nowadays.

Yep, something needs to be be done - but it's not all down to Sky and BT.  No way.

1 minute ago, skaro said:

Yeah, there has to be... but clubs needs to acknowledge that they are part of the problem - that they co-created the problem - not just BT and Sky.

Clubs sold their supporters down the river, not Sky or BT - that's why kick-off times have been moved to roast beef and supper times.

And then, on top of that - having sold their souls to move big games to suit tv audiences rather than actual supporters - clubs like us still have the temerity and greed to charge a small mortgage for match-goers, who might be lucky to get a handful of games at 3 o'clock on a Saturday nowadays.

Yep, something needs to be be done - but it's not all down to Sky and BT.  No way.

Absolutely.....all boils down to £££££'s and greed.

Klopp is rightly looking at it from a football point of view....but LFC the business have their noses in the trough as greedily and as happily as all the others.

And of course the covid thing has exacerbated the problem.

5 minutes ago, an tha said:

Absolutely.....all boils down to £££££'s and greed.

Klopp is rightly looking at it from a football point of view....but LFC the business have their noses in the trough as greedily and as happily as all the others.

And of course the covid thing has exacerbated the problem.

That's why I think Jurgen's rant falls a bit flat, tbh.

His own employers are among the "uncaring" cunts, unfortunately.

In which case, he should be calling out the collective, and not just one half of the problem.

9 minutes ago, skaro said:

In which case, he should be calling out the collective, and not just one half of the problem.

He did though. 

That's why he mentioned the contracts and the world changing. 

Basically if we don't stop flogging these lads, we'll have no product. 

11 minutes ago, skaro said:

Probably tough for him to rail against the whole shitshow and he probably just wanted to frame his argument on football and maybe when he said all need to talk he meant clubs too...

This should not be hard - there has to be a way to find a better balance. TV companies must be made to realise that if more and more key players get injured because of insufficient recovery time that begins to have a negative impact on the product they are covering and on the enjoyment of the audiences....which then can have an effect on the all important viewing figures, advertising revenue etc...

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Anubis said:

MotD2 saying Coote was due to be in the VAR booth today but was subbed out. Seems our ire had an effect.

Yeah, but then the cunt was given the Old Trafford game, and subsequently overruled his own perfectly good decision to give WBA a penalty. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Lario said:

He did though. 

That's why he mentioned the contracts and the world changing. 

Basically if we don't stop flogging these lads, we'll have no product. 

So you got from that interview, that he was blaming big clubs and tv equally?

Fair enough, I didn't get that sense.