You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

A song for Steven Gerrard

JustTosh

This summer we were all gutted by the fact that Steven Gerrard considered leaving us. Now some doesn’t trust his passion for LFC anymore. I say, wake up! He’s probably the one and only player in topflight football today to say: “No, I don’t want to double my wages, I want to play for the club that I love!” He should be praised for his decision to stay, not criticized for considering a very tempting offer.

However, his summer doubts has rubbed off on us. We’re all now in doubt. What about next season; will he stay or will he go? Can we do anything about it? I suggest we try. We could start with honouring him with songs. Besides, it’s probably not a bad idea to break up the 90 minutes of silence during home league games, so here’s my attempt:

Mel: Liverpool Lou (you know that girl everybody said would deceive you)

Oh Steven Gerrard, our Steven Gerrard

You didn’t deceive us, Red-blooded you are

You fill our poor hearts with passion so hard

Stay home and love us, oh Steven Gerrard

Putting down these words is probably one of the stupidest things I’ve done. The possibility of it ever being sung is way below zero I’m afraid. But I’d like to try anyway. Don’t like it? Then make a better one.

JustTosh

This summer we were all gutted by the fact that Steven Gerrard considered leaving us. Now some doesn’t trust his passion for LFC anymore. I say, wake up! He’s probably the one and only player in topflight football today to say: “No, I don’t want to double my wages, I want to play for the club that I love!” He should be praised for his decision to stay, not criticized for considering a very tempting offer.

However, his summer doubts has rubbed off on us. We’re all now in doubt. What about next season; will he stay or will he go? Can we do anything about it? I suggest we try. We could start with honouring him with songs. Besides, it’s probably not a bad idea to break up the 90 minutes of silence during home league games, so here’s my attempt:

Putting down these words is probably one of the stupidest things I’ve done. The possibility of it ever being sung is way below zero I’m afraid. But I’d like to try anyway. Don’t like it? Then make a better one.

JustTosh

Honouring him with songs????

Fuck off.

tosh lad, i think you need to get over the fact that the salford granny-fucker just simply doesnt love you bloo shite anymore. Not that the blimp ever did anyway. Or is that justtosh?

Decent attempt, you have obviously been keeping your little bloo eye on the forum, but i can smell you a mile away you pleb.

Why dont you fuck off back to runcorn. And be careful where you spill your bile along the way.

tosh lad, i think you need to get over the fact that the salford granny-fucker just simply doesnt love you bloo shite anymore. Not that the blimp ever did anyway. Or is that justtosh?

Decent attempt, you have obviously been keeping your little bloo eye on the forum, but i can smell you a mile away you pleb.

Why dont you fuck off back to runcorn. And be careful where you spill your bile along the way.

No need to bring Sunny Runny into this, theres loads of good reds in Runcorn ya know...... :-)

No need to bring Sunny Runny into this, theres loads of good reds in Runcorn ya know...... :-)

I do apologise UTM as i am sure there are many fine people (Reds) there.

Its just i had a conversation yesterday where i was being told most of runcorn is bloo.

Mind, it was about how they have off the manc loving side of the town, so i suppose they cant be all that bad.

Could sort out the congestion on the bridge though. ;-)

I do apologise UTM as i am sure there are many fine people (Reds) there.

Its just i had a conversation yesterday where i was being told most of runcorn is bloo.

Mind, it was about how they have off the manc loving side of the town, so i suppose they cant be all that bad.

Could sort out the congestion on the bridge though. ;-)

Runcorn Old Town is the Manc loving part (although they are spreading) and it used to go off every weekend when I was younger........but Runcorn New Town is about the same ratio of blue to red as Lpool......its far from mostly bloo, no matter how much they'd like to believe its "The People's Town"

Well thats good enough for me UTM. Ill put Sunny Runny back on the map.

How could i confuse runny with warrington? tosh be careful spilling that bile along the A49 back along to wazza, you wouldnt want to ruin your 3star jumper along the way.

Oh and before anyone from warrington 'writes in' i WILL NOT be changing any opinions on your one-horse town. Thanks.

Well thats good enough for me UTM. Ill put Sunny Runny back on the map.

How could i confuse runny with warrington? tosh be careful spilling that bile along the A49 back along to wazza, you wouldnt want to ruin your 3star jumper along the way.

Oh and before anyone from warrington 'writes in' i WILL NOT be changing any opinions on your one-horse town. Thanks.

I'm with ya all the way on that one SG.........fcukin woolies ;-)

Aw come on lads,its not my fault i fell for a manc loving wooly from WA1.FYI Warringtojn is half lfc and half manc with a few bitters thrown in for fun,having said that it is a little one horse,cow kecks,sheep shagging hole.

You sure your'e not my dad? Because you sound just like him.

In fact the situation is so bad i could end up with two WA1 step-brothers. One a whinging manc lover (like his mum) the other one however is a good kid who is quite witty with a heart of gold who you can enjoy talking to. (If you can understand him that is) And yes you guessed it this one is a Red!

Guess which one is my favourite 'brother'?

JustTosh

*bbbarrrrrrffffffff*

*bbarrrrrrrfffffffffff*

*bbb*

oh thats it all gone i think, oh no wait!

*barrrrrrrrrrrfffffffff*