You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man City - Premier League - 8/11/20 - 16:30

Bjornebye

I’ve not read any of the other posts but I’m satisfied with today. 

The first half was incredible quality. Peak El Classico stuff. Two great sides,  both teams playing really well. Absolutely superb stuff from both side.

2nd half was like a game of chess, and I have to admit, I enjoyed it almost as much. I love these proper tactical battles. Both sides continued to play well and eventually just cancelled each other out. 

I’d have taken a point before the game and I’m not going to complain about it now. They were missing Aguero and we were missing the best centre back in the world, one of the best defensive midfielders, one of the best central midfielders and one of the best right backs only lasted 60 mins... 

Slightly frustrating not to take advantage of our early dominance but when you take the above into consideration, plus they missed a penalty, I’m not gonna complain.  

• Upvote 6

1 hour ago, dockers_strike said:

I should be happy with the draw but I feel a bit meh about it. We set off strong but unfortunately, Bobby fluffed his lines, again and the chance was gone.  Once again, apart from Mo, I feel let down particularly by Bobby and Sadio.

What on earth is Sadio doing? he's giving the ball away for fun. Another was Gini who got through a load of work but constantly wants one touch too many,is challenged and loses the ball.

Matip, good game but why the fuck do we give him the ball to pass out of defence? He nearly always gives it away to the oppos.

I might seem to be a little hard but we could have won that game. True, we could also have lost it with a very sloppy 2nd half performance.

The handball rule is an absolute fucking joke. What are they doing to our game? Having seen the pen Leicester got earlier, I knew Joe was in trouble as soon as they appealled. It's just incredible. Im baffled how the city player got away with virtually a similar instance in the 2nd half.

OK, his arm may have been closer but if we're talking centimeters or millimeters for offside, how come handball isnt the same? Justice was done in my opinion when city missed the pen.

The 1st half was very good but the 2nd, was just downright poor again, in my opinion. OK, the players may have tired but for the last 30 minutes we seemed on the back foot and just invited city to our 18 yard box and the last 20 were just hold onto your sphincter time.

But like I said, overall, Im happy to come away undefeated. Just hope we dont pick up any more injuries or positive covid tests what with these fuckingstupid internationals. At least Trent should get a bit of respite even if it means he is not back straight after the break?

Totally agree. We were poor after the 50 mn, and they  were far more dangerous so it’s a good result , even it’s home  / away  does not mean anything with no fans at the ground.

Mané was lively but some bad decisions. Hope it’s not too serious for Trent.

• Upvote 1

My main worry was getting beat as we have been shit there in the league the last 3 years. 

We've had a nightmare injury list yet we have almost qualified for the knockout stages of the CL and we are only one point off top spot. 

Hopefully Leicester and Spurs being in the Europa fucks them up with playing every Thursday.

1 minute ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

Ok I will accept that. I’m now watching you now though you pedantic fucker. One capital letter for a noun and I’m going to neg your skinny arse. 

You’re fucking kidding me aren’t you, you hypocritical cunt; the only reason I pointed it out is because you negged two different people for making mistakes. My advice would be to wind your neck in, sort yourself out, and stop being a pedant and a hypocrite. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

6 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

My main worry was getting beat as we have been shit there in the league the last 3 years. 

We've had a nightmare injury list yet we have almost qualified for the knockout stages of the CL and we are only one point off top spot. 

I think before today the aggregate score over the last 3 seasons has was 11-1. 

Definitely a decent result getting the draw. 

And seeing bluemoon in meltdown feels like a victory in itself so I'll take it. 

• Upvote 1

A 1-1 draw there after what's transpired at the Etihad over the past few seasons represents progress of sorts. We were nowhere near our best and neither were City.

Bobby's lack of form is proving to be a bit of a hindrance because we're not getting the best out of him so we can't really get the best out of those around him. Having all 4 of our main forwards in from the start can also leave the midfield over-stretched because they way City set up means you can be outnumbered in there.

We're not the only ones wrestling with the problem of a packed schedule but we have suffered with injuries to key players, plus the way Covid testing can pick up a positive at any time means the coaching staff cannot always be sure of player availability. The constant need to be ready to adjust can lead to disjointed displays because we are never at our optimum. We can't play with the intensity that works so well for us because the players have to pace themselves and ensure they are getting enough rest between fixtures.

Klopp is a problem solver so I have faith that he and his team will find solutions to resolve all these issues.

• Upvote 1

Away at City is as good point.

Not getting the Gini hate - he gave the ball away once. Probably had our best passing numbers if I had to guess.

The real disappointment for me today was Jota - the guy has been on fire and there were three or four chances that went wrong with him. Still love the guy and he keeps the ball better than any of the others upfront, but...

Also, a game like this is really too big for Shaq to make a difference.

6 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Away at City is as good point.

Not getting the Gini hate - he gave the ball away once. Probably had our best passing numbers if I had to guess.

The real disappointment for me today was Jota - the guy has been on fire and there were three or four chances that went wrong with him. Still love the guy and he keeps the ball better than any of the others upfront, but...

Also, a game like this is really too big for Shaq to make a difference.

It was more than once, mate. He got caught in possession in dangerous areas 3 or 4 times. 1 or 2 may have been because of the ball given to him.

He was top drawer outside of that.

• Upvote 2

Thats a good result at their place and the main thing I wanted was just not to get beat. Job done. 

A draw is a great result and I think its going to take them going on one of those unbelievable runs to stop us winning the league. 

They were good but they are not the te they were. 

30 minutes ago, Trumo said:

A 1-1 draw there after what's transpired at the Etihad over the past few seasons represents progress of sorts. We were nowhere near our best and neither were City.

We played well, they played well.

You don’t get the quality of that first half unless both sides are playing very close to their absolute maximum. 

1 hour ago, Scott_M said:

I’ve not read any of the other posts but I’m satisfied with today. 

The first half was incredible quality. Peak El Classico stuff. Two great sides,  both teams playing really well. Absolutely superb stuff from both side.

2nd half was like a game of chess, and I have to admit, I enjoyed it almost as much. I love these proper tactical battles. Both sides continued to play well and eventually just cancelled each other out. 

I’d have taken a point before the game and I’m not going to complain about it now. They were missing Aguero and we were missing the best centre back in the world, one of the best defensive midfielders, one of the best central midfielders and one of the best right backs only lasted 60 mins... 

Slightly frustrating not to take advantage of our early dominance but when you take the above into consideration, plus they missed a penalty, I’m not gonna complain.  

How I felt.

17 minutes ago, aws said:

Good game, good point. We may not be top but (ignoring Villa) it's been a good start to the season bearing in mind the injuries and the tough opening fixtures. 

While nothing can condone the Villa result, it's evident that they will do well this season, so nice to have that away game done. They will come around midtable at least imo.