You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man City - Premier League - 8/11/20 - 16:30

Bjornebye

5 minutes ago, johnsusername said:

Hopefully Matip, Trent, Ketia (don't snigger), Fabihno and Thiago all ready to go after the international break. 

Was there a problem with Alisson's shoulder? 

Hopefully 'one' that lasts about a week or so and means he can't go off to Brazil

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Happy with a point. I dont like 4231 or at least starting with it it makes us run of the mill. Maybe its needs must but its shit.

Wasnt a 4231 today. It was mostly a 442.

I do agree that our track record with 433 is far more successful. And Klopp would have to make a big call and drop Bobby out of the first team for now. A front 3 of Jota, Salah and Mane is fluid and full of goal threat.

Bluemoon hot takes:

• Fuck off Pep

• Liverpool there for the taking in last 25 mins

• Sterling freezes against us

• Their players didn’t want it

• Something not right with team

• Kevin DB was shit today

• Pep will leave next year

• They aren’t winning the league

• Upvote 6

Just now, Supremolad said:

Wasnt a 4231 today. It was mostly a 442.

I do agree that our track record with 433 is far more successful. And Klopp would have to make a big call and drop Bobby out of the first team for now. A front 3 of Jota, Salah and Mane is fluid and full of goal threat.

Can't keep picking bobby on nostalgia he needs to earn his place, as good as his all round game can be his goal return is bad at any level. 

1 minute ago, Anubis said:

Bluemoon hot takes:

• Fuck off Pep

No chance.

Far too logical and realistic.

Bluemoon hot takes:

• Fuck off Pep

Those aren't hot takes, those are pretty much all spot on, funnily enough.

Bluemoon hot takes:

• Fuck off Pep

They aren't or we aren't? The fucking scruffs. 

And then we have this oddity in amongst the bile.

I thought Liverpool played really well and showed that you don't have to park a bus

Both sets of supporters will be saying their team should have won, but WE really should have. We had two gilt edge chances which in these most important games you cannot afford to miss

Torres didn't perform for us and KDB was below par for him again 
Gundogan grew into the game and our two centre halves were absolute quality 

In summary, two of the best three teams in Europe out on display there today and both performed well

I should be happy with the draw but I feel a bit meh about it. We set off strong but unfortunately, Bobby fluffed his lines, again and the chance was gone.  Once again, apart from Mo, I feel let down particularly by Bobby and Sadio.

What on earth is Sadio doing? he's giving the ball away for fun. Another was Gini who got through a load of work but constantly wants one touch too many,is challenged and loses the ball.

Matip, good game but why the fuck do we give him the ball to pass out of defence? He nearly always gives it away to the oppos.

I might seem to be a little hard but we could have won that game. True, we could also have lost it with a very sloppy 2nd half performance.

The handball rule is an absolute fucking joke. What are they doing to our game? Having seen the pen Leicester got earlier, I knew Joe was in trouble as soon as they appealled. It's just incredible. Im baffled how the city player got away with virtually a similar instance in the 2nd half.

OK, his arm may have been closer but if we're talking centimeters or millimeters for offside, how come handball isnt the same? Justice was done in my opinion when city missed the pen.

The 1st half was very good but the 2nd, was just downright poor again, in my opinion. OK, the players may have tired but for the last 30 minutes we seemed on the back foot and just invited city to our 18 yard box and the last 20 were just hold onto your sphincter time.

But like I said, overall, Im happy to come away undefeated. Just hope we dont pick up any more injuries or positive covid tests what with these fuckingstupid internationals. At least Trent should get a bit of respite even if it means he is not back straight after the break?

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, ManéMan said:

Typical brain dead punditry. Been discussing the handballs for the past half an hour or so but not even mentioned the one that wasn't given.

One of the most tactically interesting games in world football, but let's just talk about handballs the whole time. Only in England.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Bluemoon hot takes:

• Fuck off Pep

Agree with all that, though I wouldn't write them off winning the league.

We are the best team by a distance, but the injuries are piling up for us more than any other team. Right now, that could be a bit of a leveller. Still they will lose players as will the other teams.

85 points wins the league. In the next few weeks, we have Leicester, Wolves, Tottenham at home and Palace away that stand out as rough games. We just need to keep coming through like we have over the past few weeks and I feel the others could fall off a bit.