You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man City - Premier League - 8/11/20 - 16:30

Bjornebye

A win would be nice but happy to take a point. Defeat at City isn't the end of the world since they tend to drop stupid points throughout the season so not as if the title will be decided here, and with our defensive injuries this match could be a tall order. Can't afford to get another injury though.

Let’s plan to win that game ! Ee are the reigning champion, we’re playing better and better , and a defeat would not be that  bad so early in the season.

But, should we win, that would a real statement we are boss again and that would be a real blow for the oil team !

2-4 to us !

On 04/11/2020 at 00:31, dockers_strike said:

Hmmmm, Im not so sure. I thought Bobby was very poor when he came on, absolutely no pressing of the ball and very sloppy when he did get it. Might have been a little unlucky not to score with the chance he had which might put a different complexion on it.

I love Bobby but he simply hasnt cut it so far this season. Add in Jota's scoring and it's Jota for me with Bobby on the bench for Sunday (always presuming that yard dog hasnt kicked him out of the game).

Usher's report mentioned Bobby dropping too deep at times, but Jota does all the time. The thing is, Jota is much more energetic and sprints back upfield after he tackles. He presses better, too at the moment. All that, and without mentioning the scoring!

I think based on the available personnel, we'll be quite conservative and direct. No van Dijk to play a high line, no Thiago to exercise control in the middle. Only question is Firmino or Jota. Firmino is more used to our shape, our press, he's still the player we use to gain better control in midfield when he drops deeper. On the other hand, Jota is an absolute arrow right now. Just running through everybody. I think I'd have to go Jota, but not surprised either way.

City, more solid, less attacking this season. Spent a lot on central defense. Maybe they let loose in this game. Who knows. I don't really get what they've been doing this season. If this is a deliberate tactic by Guardiola or if they're just stale in attack.

We had 2 great early chances at theirs in July and we didn't take them and paid the price. We HAVE to take our chances Sunday. Twas a big improvement proficiency wise on Tuesday so let's hope we can continue that. 

On second thoughts, 

451 and low block the cunts in the bastard

I can see Jota on the bench and Bobby starting for sure. Fuck knows what to expect in this game though. We are the better side on paper now even without Van Dijk. I think a lot depends on how Sterling plays. Hopefully Trent can get stuck into him early on. We will miss Fabinho more than anyone here. He's capable of keeping De Bruyne quiet.

As has been said, they could roll over us if they are on it and we are slightly off but vice versa. I think a draw... Would I take one right now? Fuck no. Into these Reds, lay the marker down. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

I can see Jota on the bench and Bobby starting for sure. Fuck knows what to expect in this game though. We are the better side on paper now even without Van Dijk. I think a lot depends on how Sterling plays. Hopefully Trent can get stuck into him early on. We will miss Fabinho more than anyone here. He's capable of keeping De Bruyne quiet.

As has been said, they could roll over us if they are on it and we are slightly off but vice versa. I think a draw... Would I take one right now? Fuck no. Into these Reds, lay the marker down. 

Totally agree, lay the marker down !