Quantcast
Qwant - TNF - Techy Nerd Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
TheHowieLama

Qwant

Used startpage.com which is similar idea of being privacy based, it is google search engine with all the tracking stuff stripped out.

That, firefox plus a few addons works pretty well for me.

On 03/11/2020 at 18:00, TheHowieLama said:

I'mma gunna take that as a no.

I’ve started using it after watching The Social Dilemma. Do you still use it mate?

48 minutes ago, Brownie said:

I’ve started using it after watching The Social Dilemma. Do you still use it mate?

No - I am using DuckDuckGo as my Chrome browser extension and run Adblock and Ghostery. The interface on the new browser looks better I think and adds the most visited sites in the home screen like Chrome has. 

That said I also have a few Alexas scattered around the house so they know what I am up to.

9 hours ago, TheHowieLama said:

No - I am using DuckDuckGo as my Chrome browser extension and run Adblock and Ghostery. The interface on the new browser looks better I think and adds the most visited sites in the home screen like Chrome has. 

That said I also have a few Alexas scattered around the house so they know what I am up to.

I'm massively in the Google Home ecosystem because it's just really convenient to manage smart devices. I'm not really one who thinks that the speakers are listening in on people but there's no doubt that your data gets used to push products and opinions onto you.

For me the biggest issue is Facebook which I haven't had now for ages.