You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Greatest Male Solo Artist - Last 16 - Frank Sinatra vs Bob Dylan

Bjornebye

Greatest Male Solo Artist - Last 16 - Frank Sinatra vs Bob Dylan   

53 members have voted

1. 1. Greatest Male Solo Artist - Last 16 - Frank Sinatra vs Bob Dylan

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/11/20 at 14:15

16 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

I don't even think was the best of the crooners of his era. Most iconic but not the best for me. So Bob

I much prefer Dean Martin to Sinatra. I did vote to put Dean Martin in this tournament but apparently he wasn’t as good as Shakin Stevens and Billy Bragg. 

Thinking about it how the fuck did Bobby Darin (who I like) get in ahead of Martin?

26 minutes ago, Sugar Ape said:

I much prefer Dean Martin to Sinatra. I did vote to put Dean Martin in this tournament but apparently he wasn’t as good as Shakin Stevens and Billy Bragg. 

Thinking about it how the fuck did Bobby Darin (who I like) get in ahead of Martin?

I just assumed Martin made the list. 

19 minutes ago, Skidfingers McGonical said:

Out of the two, if you were to base it on voice alone, then Frank would win.

But if you look at songwriting and body of work they created themselves as well, then Bob smashes Frank out the park.

Blood On The Tracks is greatest album based on divorce ever written IMO.

I agree, blood on the tracks must be one of the most heartwrencing records ever written.

• Upvote 2

14 hours ago, Sugar Ape said:

My late father in law was a massive Dean Martin fan but its fair to say that his voice was wrecked for many years before he passed away. And although Bobby Darin died much younger,his voice was superb right up until before his death.