You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Films You Love That Are Widely Classed As Shit

Bjornebye

20 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Great shout. 

I remember War of the Worlds with Tom Cruise getting a bit of a panning but I think its great. The ending pisses me off more than most things on the planet though when he gets the daughter back to the family house in Boston and his son and the family just walk out their house like giant tripods haven't been blitzing everyone and everything for days. 

I don’t mind that film. Hacksaw is a film I like to watch occasionally, not as bad as some make out.

• Upvote 1

There are several angles here, classed as shit is a bit tricky, for example, The Rock has a 7.4 rating on IMDB, so even though reviewers thought it was shit, there are plenty who would disagree. Also, "you like" may be a bit misleading with people liking shit because it is shit, not thinking it is actually good.

I am currently doing a huge private 70s retrospective, Earthquake (1974) with Charlton Heston has a 5.9 rating and people spitting on it are four rows deep, but I liked it as a decent disaster film.

Films under 6.0 on IMDB you think a good might be an interesting subject.

8 minutes ago, SasaS said:

There are several angles here, classed as shit is a bit tricky, for example, The Rock has a 7.4 rating on IMDB, so even though reviewers thought it was shit, there are plenty who would disagree. Also, "you like" may be a bit misleading with people liking shit because it is shit, not thinking it is actually good.

I am currently doing a huge private 70s retrospective, Earthquake (1974) with Charlton Heston has a 5.9 rating and people spitting on it are four rows deep, but I liked it as a decent disaster film.

Films under 6.0 on IMDB you think a good might be an interesting subject.

Fucking hell you're still having a go at me. Drop it. We didn't work out. Move on. Oh and you're shit at giving head !  

10 hours ago, Section_31 said:

Is the rock classed as shit? Nah. 

Connery asked for his lines to be rewritten by the fellas who wrote the Likely Lads, then the other actors did too. That's why the dialogue is so much better than the standard Michael Bay fair.

Mad Dog and Glory (1993) is 6.2, i love that film. Another De Niro Falling in Love (1984) is 6.6 so not exactly shit bit I see now I have a bit embarrassingly rated it as 9. Switching to Pacino, Cruising (1980) is 6.5 and I remember thinking it was great and watching it two or three times. Pistonbroke and I were big fans of Blast From the Past (1999), but that is a solid 6.6 again.

Struggling here a bit. I thought Costner would help me, but even universally hated The Postman (1997; what is so bad here, really?) is a decent 6.1 for a shit film and Waterworld (1995), which I must have thoroughly enjoyed several times by now, is at an ecxellent 6.2.

I'm going to go with a Rotten Tomato score under 30% as being "widely classed as shit". So, not The Rock (love it), Starship Trooper (love it), War of the Worlds (love it).

Judge Dread (Stallone) - definitely and 20% on RT.

Underworld - OK, 31% but close enough

Venom, The Chronicles of Riddick, Robocop 2, Lost in Space, Half a Sixpence, Paint your Wagon, Clash of the Titans (remake), Wrath of the Titans, Dante's Peak, Appleseed...

But in number 1 spot is Push. I think this is brilliant but only 23% on RT.