You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Atalanta (A) - Champions League - 3/11/20 - 20:00

Bjornebye

That was a pisstake last night, our best performance since Leicester on Boxing Day. We were unplayable, enjoyed every second of it. Mane and Salah will go down as genuine greats of the game, it’s absolutely joyous that we have the both of them. Jota looks the absolute business,so assured and confident in everything he does, feels like he’s gonna score every chance that comes his way.

Shout outs to Jones who was much improved in midfield, Trent was brilliant again as was Alisson and Williams didn’t put a foot wrong. A fabulous night, let’s bring it into Sunday.

Let’s get that cunt out of the White House and hopefully that Oxford jab news comes to fruition and we can adore these glorious bastards in person once more.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 7

2 hours ago, Scott_M said:

I'm normally very positive about our chances going into every match, but I'll confess, I didn't see that coming, at all, last night. 

Brilliant stuff.

Beat Atalanta at Anfield and then we only need 1 point to win the group, which we'd surely get. Given I expect the other qualifiers to go down to the last game (ie Ajax v Atalanta) I'm not even sure we'd need the point to be honest.

It would be nice to have a chilled end to the group. It would also be a welcome change. 

At the very real risk of sounding like an old cynic, I'm wondering if there's something not-quite-right behind that.  Maybe it's a dig at the Bloos following their beef a few years ago.  Or worse, might it be a nod in the direction of Heysel?  (I vaguely recall Fiorentina fans batting their eyes at us a few years ago, but it turned out that they were just being poisonous pricks trying to wind up Juve fans.  I don't know whether Atalanta hate Juve to the same degree that Fiorentina do, so...)

On 04/11/2020 at 23:09, AngryofTuebrook said:

At the very real risk of sounding like an old cynic, I'm wondering if there's something not-quite-right behind that.  Maybe it's a dig at the Bloos following their beef a few years ago.  Or worse, might it be a nod in the direction of Heysel?  (I vaguely recall Fiorentina fans batting their eyes at us a few years ago, but it turned out that they were just being poisonous pricks trying to wind up Juve fans.  I don't know whether Atalanta hate Juve to the same degree that Fiorentina do, so...)

I imagine most,if not all other Italian clubs hate Juventus.