You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Atalanta (A) - Champions League - 3/11/20 - 20:00

Bjornebye

8 minutes ago, Baltar said:

ffs but we all knew he was a bit brittle unfortunately. 

He has got a pretty mediocre fitness record, and his first few weeks with us have been total AIDS on that front, but to be fair to him can't really blame him for it so far with covid and then that mongrel Richarlison clattering him.

18 hours ago, skaro said:

I remember reading or watching somewhere years and years ago... that (instrumentally/rhythmically I can only guess) "Ticket to Ride" was one of the seminal examples of Heavy Metal.

Perhaps I read/heard it wrong.

It’s asserted in ‘Revolution in the Head’ - the point being that a guitar riff/solo sustains the song (same point is made about Day Tripper but more so) and McDonald dislikes While My Guitar Gently Weeps for the same reason.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

I don't know how long you have been a fan but some of us have been going for decades now and trust me, if you think this lot are shit cunts you have no fucking idea what you are watching. Try going to away games in the rain on open terraces with the home fans chucking darts from the upper tier then you know what shit looks and feels like. 

Wasting your breath Kurtzy. This is his way. Doom and despair. 

43 minutes ago, magicrat said:

Some harsh comments on Thiago considering he was lucky to avoid a leg breaker from that thug Richarlison.

I'm amazed he is anywhere near fit after that. Hopefully back for the weekend

Disgraceful challenge. He really shouldn't be accepting any lame apology from Richarlison either. 

25 minutes ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

I don't know how long you have been a fan but some of us have been going for decades now and trust me, if you think this lot are shit cunts you have no fucking idea what you are watching. Try going to away games in the rain on open terraces with the home fans chucking darts from the upper tier then you know what shit looks and feels like. 

I think you're taking my posts far too seriously! I was a regular in the Evans and Houllier days, and despite occasional moments of brilliance Houllier's teams could put a fucking glass eye to sleep!

1 hour ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

Try going to away games in the rain on open terraces with the home fans chucking darts from the upper tier then you know what shit looks and feels like. 

I love the way you put having darts lashed at you and getting caught in the rain as equal problems. 

• Upvote 1

I think we lose tonight regardless of who we play. It wont be the end of the world either because we will beat them and Ajax at home and probably beat the Danes away with ease. 

I'd rest a few players. Robbo, Mane, Henderson and play Tsimkas (he's trained hasn't he?), Shaqiri and Jota. 

I wouldn't be surprised to see Trent dropped for Milner either. 

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

I think we lose tonight regardless of who we play. It wont be the end of the world either because we will beat them and Ajax at home and probably beat the Danes away with ease. 

I'd rest a few players. Robbo, Mane, Henderson and play Tsimkas (he's trained hasn't he?), Shaqiri and Jota. 

I wouldn't be surprised to see Trent dropped for Milner either. 

Agreed. 

The City game at the weekend is more important than this one. I'd rest as many players as possible tonight.  6 points from our last 3 group games will be enough. 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, MegadriveMan said:

Agreed. 

The City game at the weekend is more important than this one. I'd rest as many players as possible tonight.  6 points from our last 3 group games will be enough. 

Exactly. I know it's very early in the season but a win at City and I can't see anything but us retaining the title. Hope to god Thiago is fit for it. 

Ajax are missing loads of players for Midgetland because of covid. It was 11 players total a couple of days ago with some of them being first team players like Onana and Klaassen. 

Edit: Tadic out as well and so is Stekelenburg so fuck knows who's in goal for them. Only 17 players flew out. 

2 hours ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

Ha ha, remember those days well