You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Premier League Round Up (Oct 23-26 2020)

tlw content

I’ll start with Friday night’s game and another impressive assist by yours truly. I’m on reverse jinxing fire this season. Last week I talked up Villa and suggested they might actually be good. Less than 24 hours later my boy Patrick Bamford is banging in a hat-trick to inflict a 3-0 home defeat on them. I love it when a plan comes together.

Some slapdick called Struijk had to be subbed after 20 minutes as he was just charging around fouling Villa players. He was booked for chopping down Grealish and then booted someone else straight after. The ref was lenient but Bielsa hauled him off straight away.

Villa played quite well for a lot of the game and were the better side until Bamford broke the deadlock. Grealish had been brilliant up to that point and but for a save from the keeper he’d probably have already wrapped up the goal of the season award after a run from his own half that took him past four Leeds players.

The goal changed the game though. Bamford’s second was a fucking beauty and his third was classy as fuck too. Shocking defending by Villa though as three defenders stood still and watched his fancy footwork. It was a real 'Shot through the Heart' and gave Leeds 'Another Reason to Believe' they’re in for a good season.

It’s nice for Bamford to have got off to this kind of start because it seemed like everyone was talking about how “Leeds are good but they really need a striker”. That was the narrative even when they were in the Championship, so when they were promoted it intensified even more. 

Paddy has dished out some 'Bad Medicine' to all those critics though and I’m happy for him. I am thinking that he’s probably going to be this year’s Timo Pukki though and the goals will dry up in a month or so. Hope I’m wrong though as I’m rooting for him. Any fan of Bon Jovi will do for me and I make 'No Apologies' for it.

Oh come on, you knew when he scored a hat-trick that I’d be bombarding you with Bon Jovi song titles. If you weren’t expecting this then you haven’t been paying attention. I could have made lame references to ‘Hatrick Bamford’ but come on, I’m better than that.

This is just a teaser, click here to view the full article

Please note that PL Round Ups are only available to website subscribers. Subscriptions cost just £2 a month (you need to register first) and can be purchased here. 

• Upvote 2

• dave u pinned this topic
6 hours ago, Bad Red Bull said:

The dig at Lampard cracked me up. Digne got his ban reduced to 1 game after their appeal.

Actually yeah I think I knew that but had forgotten. Poor show that, there's nothing there to prove it was unintentional but plenty to suggest he meant it, not least the fact he played the entire second half pissed off and trying to nail people.

2 hours ago, CrownPaints said:

Foden is the new Samir Nasri in that you have a completely rational desire to punch him in the face every time you see him.

That's a very good comparison. There wasn't any real reason to hate Nasri and yet seemingly everyone did. Just because of his face. And Foden has a much, much worse face.

1 hour ago, Peter Cormack said:

Poor cutting Ederson some slack analysis there Dave 

All part of the plan mate. Be balanced when you can, so when you go completely overboard laying into someone it doesn't look like there's an agenda there.

Seriously though, the replay behind the goal showed that he had no idea that shot was coming. Maybe he should have anticipated it, but it did sort of come out of nowhere.

Put it this way, he's made far worse errors than that one!

It was Murphy who scored the equaliser for Newcastle, Dave. Keepers took a bit of flack in that game but I thought that free kick was superb. The last man in the wall was at least in line with the post but he bent it around them and just inside the post. No keeper is keeping that out although he got close.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Bad Red Bull said:

The dig at Lampard cracked me up. Digne got his ban reduced to 1 game after their appeal.

I fucked it up. It was meant to say Big Mac and I forgot to put the 'Mac' in. Fixed it now.

3 hours ago, dockers_strike said:

It was Murphy who scored the equaliser for Newcastle, Dave. Keepers took a bit of flack in that game but I thought that free kick was superb. The last man in the wall was at least in line with the post but he bent it around them and just inside the post. No keeper is keeping that out although he got close.

Yeah I said it was Murphy? I mentioned Almiron too but only because he was a decoy. Keeper's attempt was feeble though. Looked like he was scared of hitting himself on the post.

2 hours ago, StevieMax said:

Sterling had two one v ones and missed them both. No surprise there really. He’s probably the world’s shittest great player. 

Are you saying that Sterling out-Zlatans Zlatan, Dave?

Steady.

2 hours ago, Mikhail said:

It took Ancelotti less than a full season to sink down to Everton's level.

Once Everton touches you....

3 hours ago, StevieMax said:

Sterling had two one v ones and missed them both. No surprise there really. He’s probably the world’s shittest great player. 

Are you saying that Sterling out-Zlatans Zlatan, Dave?

Keep up. Zlatan was the world's greatest shit player.  

• Upvote 2

I should have negged you because of your bad musical taste.

Then I listened to that Ray Davies cd and I found out he had a kinks’song  with Bon Jovi. I’m sure you’d like to know I went  twice to see Ray Davies on stage, once back in the days at UEA in Norwich ( what a fine city by the way ) and not so long ago at the Olympia, Paris ! 

• Upvote 1

• dave u unpinned this topic