Quantcast
New National Lockdowns - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
niallers

New National Lockdowns

Do we think that the new European wide lockdowns will have any impact on the leagues? Germany and France and Spain have already gone into more severe restrictions and England will surely be next. I wonder if they'll want to curtail sport for a few months or weeks at least

The best thing about this season ultimately getting shuttered is that wasn’t entirely inevitable when a gang of absolute fucking bellends were talking about null and voiding one 32 games in to make way for it.

The second best thing about it will be the crying of Everton fans about how it allows Virg time to recover and come back.

I don't think we're heading for a full lockdown unless the situation gets much, much worse.  They'll ramp up the social distancing and close the hospitality sector but they won't close down the rest of the economy again unless they really have to. 

I think the full lockdown will be different to last time. I can imagine certain things will keep going but maybe just have more restrictions. Cant see them fucking sport off. 

1 minute ago, Section_31 said:

I think footy can surely continue, there's no fans there and they're all in bubbles, plus it's important for people's mental health. 

The Derby wasn't. 

• Upvote 7

Wouldnt surprise me in the least if English leagues were suspended again, equally same if they are not. Listen to 50 different scientists about covid and it's spread and you'll get 50 different responses.

54 minutes ago, Baltar said:

Null and void please. 

Lives are at stake. Somethings are more important than football.

• Upvote 1

Think that it should be postponed until after the international break. More important things than football.

This might allow Fabinho and Matip to be fit, but that's not my reason for wanting the games to be postponed a few weeks.

• Upvote 1

I couldn’t care less. Seen bits and pieces on MOTD whilst channel hopping, looking for something to watch. From what I’ve seen, the games, without fans and atmosphere, are terrible.

9 hours ago, DalyanPete said:

Yea, null and void it now, shite are champions, people died.

Everton aren't we

There seems to be a distinct lack of Everton fans calling for it this time around. I can only assume that they understand the science better, I mean it couldn't have been for anything else last time and figures are looking as bad.

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, Jimmy Hills Chin said:

I can only assume that they understand the science better

Brilliant!

Couldn't have summed it up better.

The school of science must have surely reopened?

• Upvote 1