You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

West Ham (H) - Premier League - 31/10/20 - 17:30

Bjornebye

3 minutes ago, magicrat said:

Had Friend not given that do you think VAR would have overuled him ? No chance as it could have gone either way.

I thought it was a pen but its ok to say it was marginal. 

Yes, I do think it would have been overruled because it was a clear penalty,the dive is completely irrelevant.

7 minutes ago, magicrat said:

Had Friend not given that do you think VAR would have overuled him ? No chance as it could have gone either way.

I thought it was a pen but its ok to say it was marginal. 

It's impossible to say because nobody really knows why, when or how they review these things. It's an obvious foul in the box though, for what that's worth in these things. 

9 minutes ago, Leyton388 said:

West ham fan on talksport then.

Its every week with Salah now that he's diving in the box for a pen. He's known for it and the worst in the league. 

Next sentence from his mouth.

I dont know how many pens Salah won for Liverpool last season. 

The amount of times Salah gets grabbed, shoved, wrestled and stood on is far more than the amount of times he goes over.

3 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

The amount of times Salah gets grabbed, shoved, wrestled and stood on is far more than the amount of times he goes over.

Agreed. Everyone knows that if you make a ref make a decision then he'll likely fuck it up. So do what you can in that situation to force a decision on him.

Although to be honest I thought it was a foul.

41 minutes ago, The Golden Eel said:

It's a penalty ffs. Jesus wept, he's kicked him in the box. How more obvious does it have to be? Sure he's fallen acrobatically, but that's what literally every single fucking player does. Masuaku didn't even complain, if I recall correctly. 

Did that to Mrs Niallers once and she was less than happy

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

It was a dive. It's fine to point that out. It's also rank stupidity from Masuaku and it's poor to complain they have been hard done by. Just don't kick Salah in the box, it's pretty simple.

My understanding of calling something a "dive" is when there is basically no contact and a player flings himself down. Or if a player initiates contact and then goes down.

In this case, I'll say Salah "made the most" of what was a genuine foul. He did get kicked on the ankle, so it's a foul and not a dive imo. We have had numerous cases of refs turning blind eyes when our players get pulled, dragged, and kicked in the box. Great to have this one called in our favour.

2 hours ago, rubble-rouser said:

I think pre-VAR the foul probably get given on the field to be fair.

OK then.  Let's say that's the case.

The fact that it now takes 5 minutes of fucking about to arrive at a decision that should have been made in the first place, and wasn't, also goes to show what a shiftiest the game has become.  Computer interpreters now running games.

• Upvote 1