You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

West Ham (H) - Premier League - 31/10/20 - 17:30

Bjornebye

It's all very slow at times, we're much better when we move the ball faster. But I'm not going to complain much because we are without half a squad and we're playing every other day seemingly. It's an insane schedule and apart from the Villa match we've been pretty decent when all the teams are trying to knock the champions' blocks off. One defeat and one draw (which should have been a win) are the only blemishes up to now.

This is why I never listen to what the ‘experts’ say, I turn off as soon as the action is over. Football is so tribal, EVERYONE has an agenda, sees everything through the prism of their own allegiances and hardly anyone is objective. I suppose they didn’t mention the fact that West Ham players threw themselves to the floor at every opportunity with the accompanying scream? (When did screaming enter the game?!). Friend gave 13 free kicks against us last night (14 against them) and there was barely a tackle of note in the whole game. 

• Upvote 2

Dont think our midfield worked especially well last night. We gave away loads of space between our defense and midfield, that Fornals twat, (what a punchable face by the way) got way too much space, thank God he’s shite.

Curtis Jones did not add anything of note, a bit disappointed with him to be honest, but thats probably a bit harsh as he’s still finding his feet.

To sum it all up, cant wait to see Thiago back in the team. 

2 hours ago, skend04 said:

It's all very slow at times, we're much better when we move the ball faster. 

We're probably going to see a lot more games like this this season. Teams know that if they give us space we will tear them a new one. So, they pack the midfield and defence, hoping that they can contain us. It sometimes works, but not for 90 minutes, because we're boss.

I can’t believe some of the comments on the penalty- yeah, Mo went down easily but he was clearly kicked twice & impeded.

Would he have got the penalty or any advantage staying on his feet? Of course not. 

It was the right decision. 

I’m still annoyed Jota’s fist goal was disallowed. Mane didn’t stud the keeper in the chest and how on earth can they say any foul on Ogbonna was “clear and obvious”. Bollocks. 

6 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

I can’t believe some of the comments on the penalty- yeah, Mo went down easily but he was clearly kicked twice & impeded.

Would he have got the penalty or any advantage staying on his feet? Of course not. 

I’m still annoyed Jota’s fist goal was disallowed. Mane didn’t stud the keeper in the chest and how on earth can they say any foul on Ogbonna was “clear and obvious”. Bollocks. 

That's why I said Souey can fuck off with this shit. Sky must be picking incidents and telling the likes of Souey and Carragher you must be critical of Liverpool on these incident else you're out of a job.

How many times has Mo been dragged down and got fuck all? Yet here is Souness in the papers now saying he 'seen' Mo do this hundreds of times. Yeah, well, how many pens has he got then?

Jota's first goal being ruled out is a joke. If you look at the still picture, it's actually the west ham defender who's kicked the ball out of the keeper's hands and his studs that hit the keeper. Sadio's legs are behind him!

They first tried to say Sadio fouled the keeper then when they spotted it was actually the west ham player who kicked the ball, said Sadio had fouled him not the keeper and that's why the goal was disallowed.

Meanwhile, all the nobs seem to think this was a VAR decision in Liverpool's favour!

16 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

Didn’t see the “fist” myself . I’m sure keeper felt it though. 

It's almost at the point where the legitimacy of a penalty is judged on how convincingly the player can go down. Like falling properly in the box is the true measure of what is and isn't a penalty. 

Salah has gone down fairly easily on other occasions, as most, if not all, players do. There have been times when you could reasonably argue that there was a case for not giving a penalty. Last night wasn't one of those occasions though. 

The one that always sticks in my mind is the penalty Everton got when Lovren touched Calvert-Lewin (I think) on the back and he went down like a sack of shit. I'm almost certain Shearer said there was contact and therefore he's entitled to go down.

There's almost certainly some sort of bias when they're looking at an English player, but they're also just thick as pigshit. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, The Golden Eel said:

It's almost at the point where the legitimacy of a penalty is judged on how convincingly the player can go down. Like falling properly in the box is the true measure of what is and isn't a penalty. 

Salah has gone down fairly easily on other occasions, as most, if not all, players do. There have been times when you could reasonably argue that there was a case for not giving a penalty. Last night wasn't one of those occasions though. 

The one that always sticks in my mind is the penalty Everton got when Lovren touched Calvert-Lewin (I think) on the back and he went down like a sack of shit. I'm almost certain Shearer said there was contact and therefore he's entitled to go down.

There's almost certainly some sort of bias when they're looking at an English player, but they're also just thick as pigshit. 

Good points and yes, it was calvert lewin. Myself I just think there's 'editorial' influence creeping to these debates about 'contentious' parts of a game. The agenda is too driven and out of kilter for there not to be.

I really find it hard to believe that Carragher and Souness have been so critical about certain things regarding Liverpool recently. Im convinced souness was told he had to drive home that message about Mo last night. united have had shitloads on pens in the last season and this one so far yet where's the comdemnation of their players, especially fernandes going down?

Anyone remember Coutinho staying on his feet when clattered in the box one game, fluffing his shot and the ref just gave a goal kick? The pundits lauded him for not going to ground for what?

Where was the debate about Jota's first goal being ruled out? I didnt hear Souey saying it's a game of physical contact never mind the west ham player actually is the one whose studs knocked the ball out of the keeper's hands before being planted in his chest.

Like I said, editorial influence.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, dockers_strike said:

Good points and yes, it was calvert lewin. Myself I just think there's 'editorial' influence creeping to these debates about 'contentious' parts of a game. The agenda is too driven and out of kilter for there not to be.

I really find it hard to believe that Carragher and Souness have been so critical about certain things regarding Liverpool recently. Im convinced souness was told he had to drive home that message about Mo last night. united have had shitloads on pens in the last season and this one so far yet where's the comdemnation of their players, especially fernandes going down?

Anyone remember Coutinho staying on his feet when clattered in the box one game, fluffing his shot and the ref just gave a goal kick? The pundits lauded him for not going to ground for what?

Where was the debate about Jota's first goal being ruled out? I didnt hear Souey saying it's a game of physical contact never mind the west ham player actually is the one whose studs knocked the ball out of the keeper's hands before being planted in his chest.

Like I said, editorial influence.

I don't really buy that there's some type of agenda or influence, personally. I just think they talk shite and display very little consistency in their judgement. 

• Upvote 1