You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

West Ham (H) - Premier League - 31/10/20 - 17:30

Bjornebye

A welcome 3 points in another tough, tough game. I can't make my mind up whether our performance has really dropped off, we've a target on our back because we're 'The Champions,' or teams who'd normally be our competitors are having easy fixtures. Or is it a mixture of all 3?

We just dont seem to have any easy fixtures. chelsea get Burnley who roll over at home for them and you just know they wont do the same when we roll into town. Our next 3 league games are city away, leicester home and brighton away who should be an easier fixture. But again, you can bet your bottom dollar they'll be eyeballs out when they play us. Oh, and we've Atalanta twice amongst that lot as well!

WHU are in a bit of form. So are we based on results but we've a shit load of injuries thanks in the main to those thugs across the park. It's bad enough having 1 of your players kicked out the game for a season, it's another having another player miss the same number of games as the thug who got the red card. With that in mind, this was going to be even tougher.

As I posted before, it must be hard for the players playing these games in an empty stadium. I think many people underestimate the lift they can give players during a game. Equally, moaning at your own or getting onto oppos plays a part. Take all that away and it's easy to see why some of these games are not so clever.

It didnt surprise me when west ham scored. People may claim Joe was at fault but Id say that ball came to him at a height that no mater if he'd tried to get his foot on it, chested it down before playing it or trying to head it as he did, would just result in as poor a clearance. Questions might be asked of Alli but I think he was unsighted.Even so, Fornels(?) didnt hit it cleanly and that frequently catches a keeper out.

First half we huffed and puffed as we tried to work the perfect goal again. That's a bit unkind I guess, what I mean is we always, always want to score inside the box. We rarely work a keeper from outside the box. Just take a pop or two. You never know, you might get lucky like Fabinho did against city last season.

Gini was industrious all game but especially in the first half when Bobby and Sadio were pretty anonymous. Robbo couldnt seem to be able to link up with Sadio for much of the game and a few of Trent's crosses were wayward. Nat Phillips did the simple thing all game and I dont think he put a foot wrong all game. I dont want to say Curtis struggled because to be honest, only Gini and Mo stood out during the first half.

And really, what the fuck is Souey on about saying it wasnt a pen on Mo? Where's he been for the last 10+ years to say it isnt a pen? The defender has kicked Mo's foot, he get's fuck all if he turns to the ref and says 'Oi ref, that's a pen!' while Friend and the rest wave play on. Yeah, it's not a foul to knock Mo off his feet but in my book and after seeing some laughable pens given to united, go down every time Mo.

Mo's got a brilliant record with pens at the moment but one day, the keeper is going to stand his ground.  Hopefully, VAR will spot the keeper was a fraction off his line saving it so will order a re take if he does!

2nd half was the same as the first until Jurgen introduced Jota and Shaq. We looked a bit more inventive even though west ham just packed their defence. Eventually the goal came making Jota the first player to score 3 consecutive games from his debut. Only VAR and the ref scrubbed it out! What a joke. Where was souey saying that was a goal in my day, why's it been scrubbed out?

I just dont see the foul there. If anything the west ham player has given Sadio a nudge and sent him into the keeper. But then they said Sadio had fouled the west ham defender not the keeper and that's why the goal was scrubbed?

I knew we were in trouble again when VAR looked at this. It's a goal you've seen hundreds of times in games but now VAR want to scrub out any goal that isnt a clean shot on goal.

Fortunately, Shaq and Jota did link up to score a 2nd. But I was concerned they'd scrub it out due to Sadio being stood in an offside position even though he made no attempt to play the ball. Im just surprised and thankful they didnt make up some shit about Sadio affecting the defender or keeper 'seeing' where the ball was.

To be honest, Ive had enough of the VAR shitshow. The technology is good but the lunatics have truely taken over the asylum and not using it for the good of the game in my opinion. Riley, head of the refs never wanted it so he's made sure it's a shitshow to turn those of us who think it's a good idea, against it.

It was good to get the 3 points as that is all that matters right now. Win ugly, win lucky, whatever, just win. Next game against city will be massive (see, another tough oppo for us!) and to be honest, Id take a draw right now.

When's Thiago fit?!

• Upvote 1

59 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

I don’t get it. 

Thomas Muller turned into a seventies comedian at one of the press conferences at Bayern a few months back. He called Lewandowski "Lewangoalski". No one laughed and he kept repeating it to the press "You know, Lewangoalski" to a load of tumbleweed. 

He was like Bobby Chariot.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

Thomas Muller turned into a seventies comedian at one of the press conferences at Bayern a few months back. He called Lewandowski "Lewangoalski". No one laughed and he kept repeating it to the press "You know, Lewangoalski" to a load of tumbleweed. 

He was like Bobby Chariot.

I know mate. It’s just a little double act myself and @Mathewbet1 have on here. 

The Muller gag was so awful it was actually brilliant, especially when he tries to explain it. 

Jota has to be ahead of Bobby obviously, but on the other hand it’s nice to have such an impact player, scoring so many goals from the bench.

Would Bobby provide that ? He seems so lost nowadays. He was so bad today.

I thought Hendo was very good.

It seems Mané played more central, meaning Robbo had no one to play with !

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Jordy Brouwer said:

Souness is a good pundit. 

One good thing is that either United or Arsenal will drop points against us. Popcorn in for that one. 

I love Souness, I know he has made big mistakes but he genuinely regrets what happened and he loves the club and is in awe of what Jürgen is doing 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Creator Supreme said:

I'd just like to say that David Moyes is a boggle eyed bluenose cunt! It was a penalty all day long you ugly twat!

To add to this, Alan Shearer and Danny Murphy are boring twats.

Just now, The Golden Eel said:

What the fuck are these on about. Jesus christ, he got fully kicked in his heel, a proper kick, not just "contact". Compared to some of the absolute shite penalties that get given where there's "contact", it's fucking obviously a penalty. Sometimes don't know what these twats are looking at. Ridiculous. 

There's an agenda with this LiVARpool bollocks from last season, they're trying to hint that all of the decisions are still going our way!

It wasn't a foul by Mane on Jotas first goal either so they got that wrong too!

The pen was a pen, but I’d call him a diving twat if he was an opposition player and I’d be furious about the way he went down, even though I know he was kicked and it’s a pen.

if it was that diving twat at united id be angry, but he wouldn’t have been called out as a diver the way Salah was and always is.

With the disallowed goal, I’d want it disallowed if it was against us, and sometimes they are and sometimes they’re not. I have a strong suspicion Jota was offside anyway though so had already assumed it was gonna be chalked off, hadn’t celebrated it, and accepted it fairly comfortably.

mainly cause VAR coupled with empty grounds and rubbish piped crowd noise has sucked the emotion out of watching the match.

Utd get penalties virtually every game and it’s barely mentioned on the other hand we get only our second in the league this season and it’s dissected to fuck. As I said earlier Sheff Utd got one last week that was borderline cheating with it not being a foul and not being in the area by the official and yet it’s brushed over especially considering the shitshow at the derby 

As for Salah yeah he did make a meal of it but if he doesn’t go down he doesn’t get anything.

Although having said that it wasn’t that long ago in the Villa game he was barged to the ground  and play was waved on which at the time was only 0-1 and got overlooked due to the end result but as they say goals change games and that could of that afternoon. 

https://mobile.twitter.com/SkySportsPL/status/1312824942380154881?s=09