You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

West Ham (H) - Premier League - 31/10/20 - 17:30

Bjornebye

Just now, Jordy Brouwer said:

Never understood it either. Shaq has generally been really good for us. Wonderful player. 

Pretty simple. He's always hurt, and he's not a fit in a 4-3-3. That said, if you drop Firmino, play 4-2-3-1 and use him as the creative player, that works too and we're benefiting from that right now. 

Great win  under the circumstances. 

What a throwback to alehouse football that was from Moyes. Total shitehousery which is also why Nat Phillips was able to show exactly what he's good at.

Press him with the ball at his feet, and it'll be a different story, I feel.

Bringing the likes of Shaq and Jota on is a God send we haven't had in decades. The former because of injuries, and the latter because we never had that depth.

This is something that's going to add the points we'll likely drop due to VVDs injury, and I'd keep it as is for the simple fact that I don't want Bobby coming on to try and win us a game.

2 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Shaq is boss, his close control is phenomenal, have never understood why he seemingly always has one foot out the door. He's no dud.

It's probably the downsides Klopp sees in his game.

Not being able to maintain high fitness during 90 and maybe tends to switch off in defensive/pressing responsabilities.

4 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Pretty simple. He's always hurt, and he's not a fit in a 4-3-3. That said, if you drop Firmino, play 4-2-3-1 and use him as the creative player, that works too and we're benefiting from that right now. 

I think somebody said earlier that he provided the balance in the midfield three today.

• Downvote 1

4 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

I think somebody said earlier that he provided the balance in the midfield three today.

Yeah, the creative balance as the #10 in a 4-2-3-1 with 3 attackers ahead of him. You've been trying to woosh me a lot recently, haven't you? Bit weird. It's pretty clear he's not a centre mid when he's playing. 

Those last two games must really piss rival fans off, goal down struggling and not playing well and yet at the end it’s another three points ....

Great performance from Nat and the fact he say’s he loves the physical battles then definitely put his name down for the return derby game ...

• Upvote 1