You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

West Ham (H) - Premier League - 31/10/20 - 17:30

Bjornebye

Klopp said "we'll see" regarding Thiago. That usually means no, but it's not an outright "he's not playing" so there's a chance. Anyway, if there's no opportunity to rotate in fresh blood like Matip or Thiago, this will be really hard.

We've basically had the same midfielders and defenders playing for a while, with games in close proximity of one another. The fact we've had to finesse Wijnaldum and Henderson with 45 minute increments here and there to prevent them from overplaying because we have few other options is very much not ideal. Could easily see a draw or loss.

It'll be

--‐---------Allison------------

Trent-Williams--Gomez-Robbo

-‐-‐-Hendo--Gini--Milner-----

---Salah----Bobby----Mane---

Makes sense to protect a somewhat reshuffled back 4 with the defensive nous and workrate of that midfield. Unfortunately it blunts our attack too. Hopefully Shaq can provide us with a spark if needed.

On 29/10/2020 at 23:17, Lee909 said:

Klopp hoping Matip might be fit for City

So he misses West Ham and Atalantal

Why we thought we could rely on him as our 3rd CB or give him a new deal at a reported 100k a week is strange. He has played in about 50% of our games since he got here. 

Good defender when fit but not fit close to often enough to warrent the wages

He's far more than 'good' when he plays,he's usually excellent at least. His free transfer is probably why there is no drama about getting rid of him at all. He is our second best centre half,when fit,so it's a calculated gamble.

If we're truly not playing Matip (who is allegedly medically fit), then I'll be surprised if Nat Phillips doesn't play vs West Ham today.

He was on the bench ahead of Rhys Williams last weekend. And he would have played in the CL if he'd been registered. Being the more experienced player, I reckon Klopp goes with Phillips today.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Supremolad said:

If we're truly not playing Matip (who is allegedly medically fit), then I'll be surprised if Nat Phillips doesn't play vs West Ham today.

He was on the bench ahead of Rhys Williams last weekend. And he would have played in the CL if he'd been registered. Being the more experienced player, I reckon Klopp goes with Phillips today.

I think that's more likely too.  Especially as we'll probably need Rhys to play midweek. 

Once went to see Leeds v West Ham at Elland Road, late 80’s probably. 

Got the train back to Wakefield and headed down the car park for a post match pint at the Elephant and Castle Pub (still just about surviving today). A large group lads were standing outside, assumed they were just local Leeds fans so thought nothing of it. 

Turned out they weren’t Leeds fans as I found out when a chant of ‘ICF’ began, pint glasses started flying and general  carnage ensued. 

I don’t like West Ham. Smash ‘em Reds. 

12 hours ago, lebron said:

It'll be

--‐---------Allison------------

Trent-Williams--Gomez-Robbo

-‐-‐-Hendo--Gini--Milner-----

---Salah----Bobby----Mane---

Makes sense to protect a somewhat reshuffled back 4 with the defensive nous and workrate of that midfield. Unfortunately it blunts our attack too. Hopefully Shaq can provide us with a spark if needed.

I'd go with Jones instead of Milner for the fresh legs.