Quantcast
Rangers/Stevie Gerrard 2020/21 - Page 5 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Baltar

Rangers/Stevie Gerrard 2020/21

I was a bit surprised at Roger's comment about the pair. I re watched the whole of the BT trophy presentation build up to have a looksee. To be honest, I didnt see any bad body language between the pair. In fact if you look at all the coaching staff (they were first on the podium after Jurgen), there's lots of joy and smiley faces but not a lot of hugs between them.

Now if Bouvac has still been here, I dont think they'd have needed any firework display when him and achterberg got together for the ceremony!

5 hours ago, Supremolad said:

I don't think there is any issue between Krawietz and Ljinders. I have seen them laugh and jest together on some of those "Inside Training" videos on LFC TV. It's a bit mad jumping to conclusions just because the cameras didnt show them necking each other during the title celebrations. They might have done so and maybe the cameras missed it. And even if they didn't, it means nothing.

i don't watch the Inside stuff , so glad that it appears I got the wrong end of the stick.

12 hours ago, Supremolad said:

I don't think there is any issue between Krawietz and Ljinders. I have seen them laugh and jest together on some of those "Inside Training" videos on LFC TV. It's a bit mad jumping to conclusions just because the cameras didnt show them necking each other during the title celebrations. They might have done so and maybe the cameras missed it. And even if they didn't, it means nothing.

Regarding Mo and Mane, i dont get why Salah has to be made the villain all the time. Mane has also been petulant and whiny a few times. And is also guilty of shooting instead of passing. Which top class forward isnt guilty of that?

There is also the fact that Salah has set up more goals for Mane than any of our other forward players. (More than he has set up for Firmino and the others). While Mane actually hasnt assisted as many of Salah's goals in comparison.

Mo does that jump and whinge thing pretty much every time he doesn’t get the ball when he wants it. I don’t think mane does. As you say, happy enough for that attitude, but Mane reacts to Mo only, whereas Mo whinges at everyone for it.

In my opinion, there are a lot more cases of Mo trying to dribble past 5 or 6 and even shooting rather than squaring to Mane than the other way around.

Im not making Mo the villain all the time, just offering my opinion. The fact the opinion is shared by the majority of our own fan base suggests there might be something behind it.

• Upvote 1

On 03/01/2021 at 23:01, belarus said:

Oh, ok. Cheers for that. Didn’t know if I’d missed something.

I think if I was Mane I’d fucking hate Mo as well. Proper petulant and whiny at times, not to mention hypocritical by whinging at him for not passing, then being greedy himself. 

The main thing I noticed with the presentation that night, was Minamino wandering round on his own.

Was Minamino taking photos of everything that moved while smiling incomprehensibly? Bloody tourist!

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Was Minamino taking photos of everything that moved while smiling incomprehensibly? Bloody tourist!

Everton fans put him on a bus to Southport.

On 07/01/2021 at 13:17, belarus said:

Everton fans put him on a bus to Southport.

They didn’t just put him there, they roundhouse kicked him onto the bus and all the people nearby spontaneously cheered. Everton fact #37.

Looking at some football bets tonight and surprised to see Aberdeen at 15/2 to beat Rangers at home on Sunday , not that clued up on Scottish football lately but traditionally the hardest fixture outside old firm games. Even 15/4 the draw is tempting.

10 minutes ago, sir roger said:

Looking at some football bets tonight and surprised to see Aberdeen at 15/2 to beat Rangers at home on Sunday , not that clued up on Scottish football lately but traditionally the hardest fixture outside old firm games. Even 15/4 the draw is tempting.

They, Aberdeen, have turned over Stevie's Rangers a few times in previous seasons. Im no betting man but those odds look quite good if you think Aberdeen will win.

That said, Stevie's on a roll so Id say he's not going to lose this time, Rog.

On 05/01/2021 at 09:35, belarus said:

Im not making Mo the villain all the time, just offering my opinion. The fact the opinion is shared by the majority of our own fan base suggests there might be something behind it.

I'm in the minority.

I see flaws in both their attitudes to one another.

Mo's body language might be more noticeable....

But if he had a better conversion rate of very clear-cut chances, I'm not sure any one of us would be anywhere near as critical of his "selfishness".

I read people bemoaning his finishing on here every bit, if not more, than his lack of distribution.

He also, from memory, has - or at least has had - a great "assist" record with us too.

• Upvote 1