You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rangers/Stevie Gerrard 2020/21

Baltar

11 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

6/4 favourite to take the Villa job. I think it could be a good 'next step' for him getting a decent sized premier league side. Obviously r*ngers are a bigger club but what has he got to prove up there now? I hope he does leave them but I can't see it somehow. I reckon he'll stay on for the season. 

That just about sums you up.

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

6/4 favourite to take the Villa job. I think it could be a good 'next step' for him getting a decent sized premier league side. Obviously r*ngers are a bigger club but what has he got to prove up there now? I hope he does leave them but I can't see it somehow. I reckon he'll stay on for the season. 

People who want Gerrard to succeed Klopp should hope he takes this. Only way he should feasibly have any chance of getting the Liverpool job is doing something of note at a serious football club in a serious league. Villa have a decent base, seemingly plenty of cash, are under achieving right now. 

And I'd kinda be fine with it too. If he gets them relegated, it'll dispel the silly notion he should be next in line at Liverpool.

And Glasgow Rangers are not a bigger club than Aston Villa.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

5 minutes ago, Kevin D said:

That just about sums you up.

Very observant of you

4 minutes ago, Chris said:

People who want Gerrard to succeed Klopp should hope he takes this. Only way he should feasibly have any chance of getting the Liverpool job is doing something of note at a serious football club in a serious league. Villa have a decent base, seemingly plenty of cash, are under achieving right now. 

And I'd kinda be fine with it too. If he gets them relegated, it'll dispel the silly notion he should be next in line at Liverpool.

Yes they are. The premiership is obviously a bigger league but r*ngers are a bigger club. 

Just now, Chris said:

This:

image.png

This:  

image.png

This:

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-squad-value-europe-21753205

(Imagine someone like Ings, Watkins, or Mings or any player on the up singing for Rangers)

Oh and This:

image.png

Ok Chris. You're wrong but I'm not spending time sticking up for the cunts because I fucking despise them. 

5 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Ok Chris. You're wrong but I'm not spending time sticking up for the cunts because I fucking despise them. 

The only thing you could really say that carries any weight is that they have a bigger stadium. Other than that, it's moot.

30 minutes ago, Chris said:

Villa are a very big club in a big city with a massive fanbase. I'm actually amazed the Saudis didn't have a pop at buying them.

I'm no fan of Rangers but they are a bigger club imo. Both Celtic and them have a huge following. Shame for them both they are in a poor league and are unlikely to ever have teams that can win in Europe again. If I was a 20 year old shit hot player in the Championship and had the choice of either of those two or Villa/Leeds, I would choose the latter two because of playing in the premier league to be fair, but I'd probably do the same for another 12 clubs in the league. It doesn't make them bigger because I'd turn down Ajax for the same reason.

Just now, Ronnie Whelan said:

Villa are a very big club in a big city with a massive fanbase. I'm actually amazed the Saudis didn't have a pop at buying them.

I'm no fan of Rangers but they are a bigger club imo. Both Celtic and them have a huge following. Shame for them both they are in a poor league and are unlikely to ever have teams that can win in Europe again. If I was a 20 year old shit hot player in the Championship and had the choice of either of those two or Villa/Leeds, I would choose the latter two because of playing in the premier league to be fair, but I'd probably do the same for another 12 clubs in the league. It doesn't make them bigger because I'd turn down Ajax for the same reason.

Having more fans than Villa because the island of Ireland uses Scottish football as a vessel for hating each other doesn't really equate to them being bigger clubs in my opinion. Villa are massive and winning the European Cup automatically makes you a bigger club than any that haven't. 

2 minutes ago, Chris said:

Having more fans than Villa because the island of Ireland uses Scottish football as a vessel for hating each other doesn't really equate to them being bigger clubs in my opinion. Villa are massive and winning the European Cup automatically makes you a bigger club than any that haven't. 

Are Steaua Bucharest bigger than Arsenal? 

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Are Steaua Bucharest bigger than Arsenal? 

I'm talking about clubs on the same land mass here, mate. Not in far flung Romania. However, Steaua winning the European Cup does make them bigger than Arsenal by that very significant metric.

Rangers & Celtic are absolutely huge clubs, two of the biggest clubs in the World & definitely bigger than Aston Villa, who are also a big club but don't have the same level of support the Old Firm have.

If you're measuring the size of a club by European Cup wins then Nottingham Forest are bigger than Arsenal, Spurs, Everton & Borussia Dortmund.

4 hours ago, Chris said:

What’s silly is fucking beauts like you ruling him out within the first few years of his career.

• Downvote 1

4 minutes ago, Belarus said:

What’s silly is fucking beauts like you ruling him out within the first few years of his career.

I'm not ruling out anything. I'm just saying the notion that he's automatically the heir apparent before he's proved anything as a coach is silly.

So abrasive. 

2 minutes ago, Halcyon Days said:

Come on you have to be kidding? Biggest clubs outside of the North West of England.

Because of what exactly?

No Rangers or Celtic players that would get in any of those big clubs you mention outside of the north west of England. No European pedigree for decades. Playing in the worst league of any major European Country. They'd be lucky to stay in the Championship, let alone compete in the English top flight. They're only relevant to each other, no one else gives a fuck. 

100,000 religious bigots going to watch them every other week doesn't mean much. 

1 minute ago, Chris said:

Because of what exactly?

No Rangers or Celtic players that would get in any of those big clubs outside of the north of England. No European pedigree for decades. Playing in the worst league of any major European Country. They'd be lucky to stay in the Championship, let alone compete in the English top flight. They're only relevant to each other, no one else gives a fuck.

Worldwide support, consistent levels of high attendance even though the leagues a joke. Sorry pal but English football is full of 5 minute wonders (apart from us the mancs and Arsenal) The 2 Glasgow giants have been winning shit since day one and brings a certain gravitas and expectation clubs like Villa can only dream of.