You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rangers/Stevie Gerrard 2020/21

Baltar

Celtic favourites to win the league now. People were laughing when they hired an Aussie but I was sure he'd give Gerrard a good test. Ange has an excellent track record and it baffled me he was being dismissed just because his success came in Australia and Japan. I wouldn't say Scottish football is much higher standard than either of those countries so I would expect Ange to now rack up a few titles up there.

2 hours ago, Baltar said:

Celtic favourites to win the league now. People were laughing when they hired an Aussie but I was sure he'd give Gerrard a good test. Ange has an excellent track record and it baffled me he was being dismissed just because his success came in Australia and Japan. I wouldn't say Scottish football is much higher standard than either of those countries so I would expect Ange to now rack up a few titles up there.

Aye, the way they play reminds me of us. That Kyogo is a good player. 

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The league table since Stevie joined Villa.

20220520_154111.thumb.jpg.a1d83d88cdc1b3e2bcd5ad65a24845ca.jpg

Doesnt actually look too bad, in the short time frame he was never going to outdo the typical top 6 clubs, Newcastle have had some investment so they're more competitive than usual, and they also have best goal difference outside the top 5.

I'd say he's done well overall.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Aventus said:

The league table since Stevie joined Villa.

20220520_154111.thumb.jpg.a1d83d88cdc1b3e2bcd5ad65a24845ca.jpg

Doesnt actually look too bad, in the short time frame he was never going to outdo the typical top 6 clubs, Newcastle have had some investment so they're more competitive than usual, and they also have best goal difference outside the top 5.

I'd say he's done well overall.

Their home form has let Villa down, their away form has been decent.

Lets hope this continues into Sunday...

• Upvote 1

• 1 year later...

Looks like that great side Gerrard built is over:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/65683907

Ryan Kent, Allan McGregor, Alfredo Morelos, Scott Arfield and Filip Helander will all leave Rangers when their contracts expire this summer.

But Steven Davis, who will also be out of contract, remains in discussions with the club about his future.

Boss Michael Beale said the midfielder will decide if he will keep playing when he recovers from his ACL injury.

Scotland midfielder Ryan Jack's deal also expired this summer but he signed a one-year extensionlast week.

Beale suggested the decision over Canada midfielder Arfield was one he agonised over.

"Scott pulls on the heart strings because as a man and a person he's been absolutely fantastic," he said.

"He is adored by the fans as well as players and staff but it was a really amicable on-going conversation around his game-time, players coming in and how the squad will look. A difficult decision, but I think it's right for all parties."

The Ibrox boss also paid tribute to the four other players who will leave this summer.

"Allan is a Hall of Fame member and has had many fantastic moments where he has shown his class as a goalkeeper," said Beale.

"Filip we have not had available for a long time but he was a big signing for the club and his partnership with Connor Goldson was probably the foundation to the league-winning season.

"Ryan contribution has been fantastic in big matches, in Europe and domestically. This season has not gone the way Ryan wanted it to but he's been an excellent player for us.

"For the outlay to what we got back, Alfredo has made an outstanding contribution. He was European top goalscorer, player of the year last year, and then got injured so has had a stop-start season."

Colombia striker Morelos joined from HJK Helsinkion a three-year deal for an undisclosed fee in 2017.

Arfield was Steven Gerrard's first acquisition when he signed from Burnley in May 2018. Goalkeeper McGregor, who has a testimonial match against Newcastle United on 18 July, joined two days later after rejecting new terms at Hull City.

Winger Kent arrived at Ibrox from Liverpool in a £7m transfer in 2019 having impressed on loan during the previous season. Sweden centre-back Helander also joined that summer from Bologna.

Beale, who took over from Giovanni van Bronckhorst in November and signed Todd Cantwell and Nicolas Raskin in January, has promised a revamp of the squad for the 2023-24 season.