You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rangers/Stevie Gerrard 2020/21

Baltar

1 minute ago, sir roger said:

The European performances have been the interesting one for me , more Rafa than Jurgen to be fair but showed he us tactically astute which is vital as Lampard found out to his cost. 

Next season should be a very interesting one for him. I rate Eddie Howe and surely the Celtic board will have to splash the cash so the league will be tough.I assume he will have to negotiate CL qualifier/s and hopefully the CL proper , and his cup record in Scotland is pretty awful.

I rate Gerrard way above Eddie Howe myself. I'd be surprised if Rangers didnt win it again with Gerrard still there.

• 4 weeks later...
On 17/05/2021 at 15:53, Pidge said:

"Maggie" by far the most alarming part of all of those.

Watching that first video again, and actually deciphering what they were saying. I retract the above statement.

Jesus Christ.

49 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Dont be stupid! We need some competition.

I do wonder what we’ll do about pre-season.

Obviously Asian & American tours are off the agenda.

Would we want another training camp? I’ve heard Klopp has loved the French ones but the Austrian one was something of a disaster.

Could we do a Scandinavian tour? We’d certainly attract a couple of full houses there.

We’ve been rumoured to play the mancs, but their supporters behaviour last season seems to have put an end to that. 

Pearce was saying last week we were planning at least one game at Anfield, which I imagine would be Rangers. If we’re going to play another at Anfield, Celtic would be great (as would a trip to Park Head). 

I wonder if we’ll see more games like Barca at Wembley and Napoli in Dublin / Murrayfield? I’d assume they’d be money spinners. 

1 hour ago, Scott_M said:

I do wonder what we’ll do about pre-season.

Obviously Asian & American tours are off the agenda.

Would we want another training camp? I’ve heard Klopp has loved the French ones but the Austrian one was something of a disaster.

Could we do a Scandinavian tour? We’d certainly attract a couple of full houses there.

We’ve been rumoured to play the mancs, but their supporters behaviour last season seems to have put an end to that. 

Pearce was saying last week we were planning at least one game at Anfield, which I imagine would be Rangers. If we’re going to play another at Anfield, Celtic would be great (as would a trip to Park Head). 

I wonder if we’ll see more games like Barca at Wembley and Napoli in Dublin / Murrayfield? I’d assume they’d be money spinners. 

The thing I read last night says we'll be a lot closer to home with two or three games at Anfield & a training camp in France/Northern Europe.

On 02/12/2020 at 09:18, VladimirIlyich said:

Hansen wasn't considered,nor looked,world class in that Scotland side. Even Souness struggled at times for Scotland. I think that only King Kenny transcended the club and country problem while in a Scotland shirt. Which is testament enough to his brilliance.

In the 1982 World Cup Dalglish played and scored in the first game v New Zealand.

He was dropped for the 2nd game v Brazil and was introduced with 25 minutes left 3-1 down.

He was left on the bench for the 90 minutes v USSR in the final game in the group with Scotland needing a win. They drew 2-2 and were eliminated on goal difference. 

The following season Dalglish won PFA Player Of The Year, Football Writers Player Of The Year and runner-up to Michel Platini for the Ballon D'Or. 

The King also had his issues with Scotland 

Edit: Just realised I replied to a post from December. Fuck me, I'm slow

• Upvote 2

• 1 month later...
On 31/07/2021 at 16:58, alles ist gut said:

If Hagi’s knee injury is an MCL, he might be back by February, so I wouldn’t write Rangers off just yet.

Do you mean for the Champions league? Because I've already booked my flight and hotel for St. Petersburg in May.

• 2 weeks later...