You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rangers/Stevie Gerrard 2020/21

Baltar

1 minute ago, Bjornebye said:

Weird. I saw two fellas with hoops on waiting for the 12 in West Derby village earlier. I hardly ever see huns in this city. How many bullets have you got? 

Haha fucking StGeorges Day soon hope they go out on the piss or they’ll be getting cat shit over the fence.

55 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Stevie Gerrard was our Captain 

Stevie Gerrard is a red

Stevie Gerrard is from Liverpool 

Now Stig wishes he was dead

I don't. I love the lad. I just hate that he's wrapped around absolute gobshite kingdom. Flag shagging wankers 

Stevie would be best advised to stay there for at least another year. He's learned how to juggle domestic and European football this season, but next year he'll have to deal with how Rangers respond to being league champions, plus trying to negotiate their way through the qualifiers to reach the CL group stage and compete there. Most English managers don't have experience like this so, even though he's not in the strongest of leagues, it would already set him apart from the rest of them.

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Meanwhile, lampard got sacked, rooney's derby managed to scrape to safety in the Championship by virtue of Rotherham conceeding a last minute equaliser, Eddie Howe was still unemployed.

I think people overlook what Stevie has built and achieved at Rangers because it is scotland. The question is, what would lampard and rooney in particular have achieved if they'd been in his place? It will be interesting to see what Eddie Howe achieves if his role at Celtic for next season has  been confirmed.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Meanwhile, lampard got sacked, rooney's derby managed to scrape to safety in the Championship by virtue of Rotherham conceeding a last minute equaliser, Eddie Howe was still unemployed.

I think people overlook what Stevie has built and achieved at Rangers because it is scotland. The question is, what would lampard and rooney in particular have achieved if they'd been in his place? It will be interesting to see what Eddie Howe achieves if his role at Celtic for next season has  been confirmed.

Fuck all hopefully

Needs to prove himself at a higher standard before too long, doesn’t want to linger in the SPL too long and carry the stench of that shithouse league around with him. He’d certainly be wise not to go straight to Liverpool after Klopp eventually leaves, let someone else take the post Klopp bullet. I’d like to see him at Wrexham or Marine next.

I saw him on Sky News being interviewed by Allly McCoist and a couple of others after the game while sitting in the stands he just spoke so passionately about how they went about it after last season and what it meant for the club his staff the fans but last of all him.

He’s definitely grown into the job and is coming across as the kind of person you’d love to play for...Which sounds kind of familiar to a certain other manager

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, suzy said:

Unbeaten all season, you can’t fluke that!

Celtic did it just a few seasons back. In a good league its a great achievement,in the Scottish League its just 'very good.' I think with Gerrard it's not his achievements yet,its how he carries himself and communicates with his players. He's going to be at the top of the managerial game very soon.

The European performances have been the interesting one for me , more Rafa than Jurgen to be fair but showed he is tactically astute which is vital as Lampard found out to his cost. 

Next season should be a very interesting one for him. I rate Eddie Howe and surely the Celtic board will have to splash the cash so the league will be tough.I assume he will have to negotiate CL qualifier/s and hopefully the CL proper , and his cup record in Scotland is pretty awful.