You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rangers/Stevie Gerrard 2020/21

Baltar

Gerrard and Vignal had a bit of a spat when Vignal was at Portsmouth.  I think Vignal did something snide like left an elbow in for a header and Gerrard gave him both barrels after it.  Vignal absolutely shit himself.  You could see the words he was saying “sorry Stevie, sorry I didn’t mean it.”

Gerrard then took the piss out of him in his book saying he was crying before a game because he couldn’t handle the pressure and he was a shit footballer.

I think when he was looking at the Rangers job , Alex told him that she had no intention of uprooting her 4 kids and beautiful house here in Formby particularly as the Rangers position looked very volatile when he took it. 

She is a very tough cookie and allegedly faced down the masked raiders who robbed her house and threatened her and her children with pickaxes telling them that they should hope that the police find them before her and her 'contacts'.

3 hours ago, suzy said:

Until Stevie did that interview recently I didn’t realise his wife and kids still haven’t moved up there. Must be very hard for him. Seems a bit odd to me but what do I know?!

Maybe, but moving teenage kids away from all their friends/school is life changing, especially for a job that doesnt have security. A horrible season and they could be packing up and moving again.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, sir roger said:

I think when he was looking at the Rangers job , Alex told him that she had no intention of uprooting her 4 kids and beautiful house here in Formby particularly as the Rangers position looked very volatile when he took it. 

She is a very tough cookie and allegedly faced down the masked raiders who robbed her house and threatened her and her children with pickaxes telling them that they should hope that the police find them before her and her 'contacts'.

30 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez C-137 said:

Maybe, but moving teenage kids away from all their friends/school is life changing, especially for a job that doesnt have security. A horrible season and they could be packing up and moving again.

Fair enough, sounds like he’s possibly missing them more! Presumably he can’t keep driving back and forth in lockdown.

I wouldn’t expect her to leave her house, she could have rented in Scotland and kept the house but up to them.  I guess many men work away and only come back at weekends but Stevie can’t do that.

4 hours ago, suzy said:

Until Stevie did that interview recently I didn’t realise his wife and kids still haven’t moved up there. Must be very hard for him. Seems a bit odd to me but what do I know?!

A woman I work with, her son plays for Blackburn and Gerrard wanted him to sign for Rangers as his contract was about to expire. He was worried about leaving the North West as he is still a teenager. He lives in Hightown and Gerrard told him he could car share with him when he drives back to Formby which would have been good. 

He got offered a better contract so ended up staying at Blackburn. 

4 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

A woman I work with, her son plays for Blackburn and Gerrard wanted him to sign for Rangers as his contract was about to expire. He was worried about leaving the North West as he is still a teenager. He lives in Hightown and Gerrard told him he could car share with him when he drives back to Formby which would have been good. 

He got offered a better contract so ended up staying at Blackburn. 

Wow, that was good of him.

• Upvote 1

On 20/03/2021 at 08:13, belarus said:

Familiarity breeds contempt when it comes to Stevie among our fan base a lot of the time. 

There’s people on here jumping to the defence of Karius for example, because he pulled on the shirt for us at some point, so is entitled to some sort of blind loyalty. Then there’s people saying Gerrard was a bit of a dick. This is a local lad, who captained and led the team for the whole of his career (Galaxy was a swan song), and is not only one of the best to pull on the shirt, but one of the very best this country has ever produced, yet somehow seems to miss out on being lauded by some factions. 

Fucking shite. If you’re a Liverpool fan and you don’t love Stevie then I’m not sure what the point is. I can’t wait for him to get his chance here as manager at some point. Once Klopp has had his time and filled the cupboards with silverware obviously, before someone says I’m suggesting otherwise.

In my opinion he's the greatest player to play for Liverpool that I've seen. I was too young to appreciate Kenny Dalglish, Graeme Souness and Ian Rush. John Barnes was amazing. Suarez was good but ruined everything by biting people and being a twat.

Gerrard carried the club on his own for years with shit players and has had to put up with dogs abuse off other fans especially about his family.  God knows were the club would have been without him

Each to their own etc.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, suzy said:

Fair enough, sounds like he’s possibly missing them more! Presumably he can’t keep driving back and forth in lockdown.

I wouldn’t expect her to leave her house, she could have rented in Scotland and kept the house but up to them.  I guess many men work away and only come back at weekends but Stevie can’t do that.

I read something recently where he said he gets home 2 nights a week. It's not that far and I'm sure they could get him a driver and he can kip in the car. It's far from ideal but having travelled for most of my working life you learn to adjust and get on with it, including around the kids. Remember they didn't stick it out in LA with him either. 

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...