You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rangers/Stevie Gerrard 2020/21

Baltar

I was a bit surprised at Roger's comment about the pair. I re watched the whole of the BT trophy presentation build up to have a looksee. To be honest, I didnt see any bad body language between the pair. In fact if you look at all the coaching staff (they were first on the podium after Jurgen), there's lots of joy and smiley faces but not a lot of hugs between them.

Now if Bouvac has still been here, I dont think they'd have needed any firework display when him and achterberg got together for the ceremony!

5 hours ago, Supremolad said:

I don't think there is any issue between Krawietz and Ljinders. I have seen them laugh and jest together on some of those "Inside Training" videos on LFC TV. It's a bit mad jumping to conclusions just because the cameras didnt show them necking each other during the title celebrations. They might have done so and maybe the cameras missed it. And even if they didn't, it means nothing.

i don't watch the Inside stuff , so glad that it appears I got the wrong end of the stick.

12 hours ago, Supremolad said:

I don't think there is any issue between Krawietz and Ljinders. I have seen them laugh and jest together on some of those "Inside Training" videos on LFC TV. It's a bit mad jumping to conclusions just because the cameras didnt show them necking each other during the title celebrations. They might have done so and maybe the cameras missed it. And even if they didn't, it means nothing.

Regarding Mo and Mane, i dont get why Salah has to be made the villain all the time. Mane has also been petulant and whiny a few times. And is also guilty of shooting instead of passing. Which top class forward isnt guilty of that?

There is also the fact that Salah has set up more goals for Mane than any of our other forward players. (More than he has set up for Firmino and the others). While Mane actually hasnt assisted as many of Salah's goals in comparison.

Mo does that jump and whinge thing pretty much every time he doesn’t get the ball when he wants it. I don’t think mane does. As you say, happy enough for that attitude, but Mane reacts to Mo only, whereas Mo whinges at everyone for it.

In my opinion, there are a lot more cases of Mo trying to dribble past 5 or 6 and even shooting rather than squaring to Mane than the other way around.

Im not making Mo the villain all the time, just offering my opinion. The fact the opinion is shared by the majority of our own fan base suggests there might be something behind it.

• Upvote 1

On 03/01/2021 at 23:01, belarus said:

Oh, ok. Cheers for that. Didn’t know if I’d missed something.

I think if I was Mane I’d fucking hate Mo as well. Proper petulant and whiny at times, not to mention hypocritical by whinging at him for not passing, then being greedy himself. 

The main thing I noticed with the presentation that night, was Minamino wandering round on his own.

Was Minamino taking photos of everything that moved while smiling incomprehensibly? Bloody tourist!

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, sir roger said:

Looking at some football bets tonight and surprised to see Aberdeen at 15/2 to beat Rangers at home on Sunday , not that clued up on Scottish football lately but traditionally the hardest fixture outside old firm games. Even 15/4 the draw is tempting.

They, Aberdeen, have turned over Stevie's Rangers a few times in previous seasons. Im no betting man but those odds look quite good if you think Aberdeen will win.

That said, Stevie's on a roll so Id say he's not going to lose this time, Rog.

On 05/01/2021 at 09:35, belarus said:

Im not making Mo the villain all the time, just offering my opinion. The fact the opinion is shared by the majority of our own fan base suggests there might be something behind it.

I'm in the minority.

I see flaws in both their attitudes to one another.

Mo's body language might be more noticeable....

But if he had a better conversion rate of very clear-cut chances, I'm not sure any one of us would be anywhere near as critical of his "selfishness".

I read people bemoaning his finishing on here every bit, if not more, than his lack of distribution.

He also, from memory, has - or at least has had - a great "assist" record with us too.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

I dont have any affinity with other teams but Im absolutely made up Stevie has led Rangers to the title. It will never replace winning the title with Liverpool for him but Im sure it will slay his demons about that day in 2014. I still cannot believe the footballing gods shat on him that day.

Nice one, Stevie.

It feels inevitable he will go on to manage us now.

I know it's only the Scottish League, but it's the way they have won it that's impressive. They have also done very well in the Europa League in two consecutive seasons. 

Initially I was against the idea, but now I feel confident that Gerrard could do a really good job as manager here.

9 minutes ago, MegadriveMan said:

It feels inevitable he will go on to manage us now.

I know it's only the Scottish League, but it's the way they have won it that's impressive. They have also done very well in the Europa League in two consecutive seasons. 

Initially I was against the idea, but now I feel confident that Gerrard could do a really good job as manager here.

There is potentially something about him. The level of dominance he's shown is really impressive. He needs to got to a big club now and keep that going.

11 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

There is potentially something about him. The level of dominance he's shown is really impressive. He needs to got to a big club now and keep that going.

i am assuming you mean a big league. fucking hell, rangers are fucking massive. one of the benefits of him being at Rangers is in many ways it is a similar experience to here, in so much that losing isn't tolerable and you are living life in a goldfish bowl of a city where the only thing that matters to people is what happens when their team goes on the pitch. 

personally i think he needs to carry on at rangers when the crowds are back in, because this season is not a reflection of football under pressure. 

• Upvote 2

On 01/05/2018 at 09:51, Dr Nowt said:

Thing is, as many have said he needs to build his way up from the very bottom of the game. Which he is, he’s going to Scotland.

On the other hand, however, he also gets the passion that comes with Rangers, a huge crowd and a rivalry as poisonous and rabid as the one he’s been used to on Merseyside. Just this time from both sets of fans.

I think those things will be the attraction for him, giving him a level of fuel and intensity that may be lacking if managing a Leyton Orient or Accrington Stanley equivalent.

With the kind of character he has, could he be inspired by a similarly low level of football as there is in Scotland, but without those consoling elements? The juxtaposition of both factors make it a unique opportunity for him.

Called it.

• Upvote 2

13 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

You must mean big league because there aren't many bigger clubs around than his current team 

• Upvote 1