You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rangers/Stevie Gerrard 2020/21

Baltar

Thanks for the answers. For Hansen, he was clearly underrated, not being picked up in 86 was at best a mistake ! He was still a world class player .

There is something wrong in the current Scottish football not to be able to find and educate  good players, like in rugby union for instance !

• Upvote 1

On 30/11/2020 at 22:59, Arnaud said:

How come Scotland have become so bad ? In Rugby, they managed to find good players regularly.

Now they have Robbo, but when was the  last  time they had a very good player ? Late 80’ ?

I think fewer Scottish players have been signed by top English clubs since non UK players could be signed? They also used to have this thing about players they called 'Anglo's' the ones who left scotland to play in England and have maybe tried to retain the players in the Scottish PL?

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Baltar said:

I'm very impressed with Gerrard in Europe. While their neighbours are being humiliated all over the continent Rangers are very professional and hard to beat. 

This is very true. There were signs of it last season too. It would be interesting if Gerrard was up against a half decent Celtic manager but having Neil Lennon there is just making it too easy.

• 4 weeks later...
On 30/11/2020 at 22:59, Arnaud said:

How come Scotland have become so bad ? In Rugby, they managed to find good players regularly.

Now they have Robbo, but when was the  last  time they had a very good player ? Late 80’ ?

We're shite at rugby too.

I could write a book about why Scotland have become so bad at Football over the last 30 odd years, the reasons are many but among them you can blame the Old Firm, UEFA & the Scottish FA amongst others.

As for very good players, Paul Lambert fitted the bill & Keiran Tierney is another highly rated left back. Andy Goram was also a World Class keeper in the 90s.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Kevin D said:

Just grabbed himself his first league title in January.

I'd be on the phone to him now, asking if he would be wiliing to take over in the summer.

Can he play centre back?

14 minutes ago, Kevin D said:

Just grabbed himself his first league title in January.

I'd be on the phone to him now, asking if he would be wiliing to take over in the summer.

7 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

Can we afford to wait?

If we drop points against the Saints FSG will have to act surely?

• Downvote 1

59 minutes ago, General Dryness said:

The u23s.

I honestly think Stevie will go to another Prem side before he manages us. If as seems likely Ranger win the title this year, I think they'll have a hell of a job holding onto him for next season.

Stevie is going about things the right way unlike fwank who just walked into a PL manager's job despite doing fuck all to warrant it.

13 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

I honestly think Stevie will go to another Prem side before he manages us. If as seems likely Ranger win the title this year, I think they'll have a hell of a job holding onto him for next season.

Stevie is going about things the right way unlike fwank who just walked into a PL manager's job despite doing fuck all to warrant it.

Leicester would be the perfect set up for him. B-dog will be licking those chapped lips at the Chelsea job now Lego heads turning the arse round 

• Upvote 1