You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Greatest Male Solo Artist - 2nd Round - Al Green vs Sam Cooke

Bjornebye

Greatest Male Solo Artist - 2nd Round - Al Green vs Sam Cooke  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Greatest Male Solo Artist - 2nd Round - Al Green vs Sam Cooke

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 28/10/20 at 14:52

5 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Was shot by the hotel receptionist as he was looking for the prostitute he had misplaced.

Or the one that stole a shit load of money from him if you believe that part of the story.

The whole investigation was a shit show and the Police and Government wanted nothing to do with it, they didn't like Sam thats for sure

• Upvote 1

Offt! Close one this. Been on an Al Green tip since voting for him the other week. So the Rev gets my vote again. 

Gonna bone up on Sam Cooke this week as penance.  I won't listen to any of his sings though. Just find how much of a misogynist he was. 

• Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, cochyn said:

Offt! Close one this. Been on an Al Green tip since voting for him the other week. So the Rev gets my vote again. 

Gonna bone up on Sam Cooke this week as penance.  I won't listen to any of his sings though. Just find how much of a misogynist he was. 

If you want to listen to Sam Cooke at his best listen to the live album from the Harlem Square club. His label refused to issue it for years. 

Initially recorded on January 12, 1963, to be released as a live album entitled One Night Stand, the concert at Miami's Harlem Square Club was not released until 1985. RCA Victor, at the time, viewed the album as too gritty and raw and possibly damaging to his pop image, and quietly kept the recordings in their archive

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Lee909 said:

If you want to listen to Sam Cooke at his best listen to the live album from the Harlem Square club. His label refused to issue it for years. 

Initially recorded on January 12, 1963, to be released as a live album entitled One Night Stand, the concert at Miami's Harlem Square Club was not released until 1985. RCA Victor, at the time, viewed the album as too gritty and raw and possibly damaging to his pop image, and quietly kept the recordings in their archive

Sounds good, I will.