You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Hijacking off the Isle of Wight

Bjornebye

Always feels sorry for the SBS, not only do they sound like an American news channel and can only take part in operations where there's a canal, like with Knight Boat in The Simpspns., but mongs will be going on all week now giving credit to the SAS instead, I'll be doing this for the rest of the year at least.

The hijacking off the Isle of White is how the needles were created. Or something. 

Seriously, how has the GF gone this far without doing a jacking off joke? I fart in your general direction, you hamster mothered thundercunts. 

1 hour ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

I've been working on as project on the same site as where the SBS are based so see them around occasionally. They are distinguishable from the other soldiers on the base because they are so scruffy, long hair, tatty torn uniforms and a general air of not giving a fuck. The have also got some nasty looking dogs. I tend to avoid them.

Yeah I used to know a bloke that did comedy gigs around Hereford and said the SAS fellas used to come in the pub and they pretty much all looked like Phil Collins.

American special forces tend to be picked for physical prowess, how long they can stand on one foot and all that bollocks, British special forces are chosen for a combination of brains, stamina and not giving a fuck. I read a training officer describing them once as "having a generalised ambivalence to their own safety and the suffering of others". Borderline psychotic in other words. You even see it with the likes of Bear Grylls. Spots a paddling pool about three feet across and decides to jump into it from 100ft up.

• Upvote 2

I've been working on as project on the same site as where the SBS are based so see them around occasionally. They are distinguishable from the other soldiers on the base because they are so scruffy, long hair, tatty torn uniforms and a general air of not giving a fuck. The have also got some nasty looking dogs. I tend to avoid them.

Are you sure they aren't new age travellers mate? 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Yeah I used to know a bloke that did comedy gigs around Hereford and said the SAS fellas used to come in the pub and they pretty much all looked like Phil Collins.

American special forces tend to be picked for physical prowess, how long they can stand on one foot and all that bollocks, British special forces are chosen for a combination of brains, stamina and not giving a fuck. I read a training officer describing them once as "having a generalised ambivalence to their own safety and the suffering of others". Borderline psychotic in other words. You even see it with the likes of Bear Grylls. Spots a paddling pool about three feet across and decides to jump into it from 100ft up.

I've read a few of the celebrity (SAS: Who Dares Wins TV Show) ex-special forces guys books and they say it's not the action man lookalike at the bar you should be worried about, it's the bloke that blends into the background quietly. Which makes sense as the last thing you want to do is stand out from the crowd and make yourself a target.

This photo sums it up nicely. You wouldn't think he's as dangerous a guy as it gets.

9cccd671eba5df0843a0075c11fc643c.jpg

That story last year was an interesting glimpse of a UK Special Forces bloke. He was abroad training troops, but basically off duty - out shopping - when he hears about a hostage thing booting off at a hotel nearby.

Races round there. Starts organising every one. Then storms the place "single handedly" in the jeans he was wearing. Recused dozens.

1_KENYA-UNREST3.jpg

• Upvote 1

I'd read a lot of ex SAS and SBS books before I joined the forces and always thought they were just bragging when saying that British military training is the best in the world but it really is up there. I got chatting to a US marine who said that they are constantly educated with British tactics/teachings right through even the Seals. It's rare to meet a humble American but this guy couldn't have been more complimentary. He was in his late 30's and been around the US military for all his adult life. Really good fella actually. Couldn't handle his ale though. 

Section is spot on about their mentality. The Royal Marines use the slogan "Its a state of mind" and it really is. They are just wired differently and thats why they get through selection, thats why they wont think twice about storming an embassy/ship etc. Fear just doesn't play a part. They are so finely tuned that they may as well be playing a computer game when it comes to the emotional side of operations. None of that gung-ho bollocks either. People like that don't make it because they are seen as a risk and are generally utter bell-ends who wont be accepted into a unit. 

The Seals almost fucked up storming Bin-Laden compound. All-sorts went wrong. That wouldn't have happened with an SAS operation. There was only a short window for the Seals to properly prep for that mission but the SAS/SBS prepare for that scenario day in day out anyway. Not saying the Seals don't but certainly not to the same extent. 

We used to have a teacher in our school who claimed he was in the SBS before he became a teacher. 
Told stories including how someone in a bar tried to nick his wallet so he ‘punched his nose through his brain’ We were all in awe.

Turned out he was lying, was seriously mentally ill and living in his Ford Fiesta on the school grounds. We had him for triple IT and that entailed playing on the computer while he just sat with his head in his hands at a desk in the middle of the classroom. Good times.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Geoff Woade said:

We used to have a teacher in our school who claimed he was in the SBS before he became a teacher. 
Told stories including how someone in a bar tried to nick his wallet so he ‘punched his nose through his brain’ We were all in awe.

Turned out he was lying, was seriously mentally ill and living in his Ford Fiesta on the school grounds. We had him for triple IT and that entailed playing on the computer while he just sat with his head in his hands at a desk in the middle of the classroom. Good times.

Hahaha fuck sake. Our IT teacher was an absolute swill-head. Used to have a little flask full of vodka on his desk. we'd all be drawing cocks on clip-art and he'd just sit there pissed off his tits snarling us. "Don't be doing IT next year lad" 

You've got to feel for the poor Nigerians though. They've been probably been hiding in the damp dark hold eating cold rice and shitting in a bucket for about 3 weeks then when they finally emerge blinking into the sunlight armed with a couple of rusty spanners, they're confronted by a dozen professional killers with 2 multi million £ helicopters, viscous dogs and sub machine guns. It's hardly a fair fight.  

Some report the crew knew they were on the ship for some time and it was only when they started to turn aggressive,  they informed the authorities. 

Might not be quite the hijacking we're being led to believe. 

3 hours ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

St Helen's?

• Downvote 1

2 hours ago, Dougie Do'ins said:

Some report the crew knew they were on the ship for some time and it was only when they started to turn aggressive,  they informed the authorities. 

Might not be quite the hijacking we're being led to believe. 

You mean it became hijacking when it turned out Nigerians' money weren't real?

3 hours ago, Geoff Woade said:

Yeah, if someone claims to have been in the SAS it's usually a sign that they weren't and are mental, it's probably the last thing you'd want anyone to know lest you wanted Martin McGunniess's daughter popping round your house with a meat cleaver. 

Chatted to a bunch of TA fellas once before they went to Afghanistan and they were all to a man, grade A bellends. Like you'd shake someone's hand and they'd squeeze the life out of it. They had to pose for a picture and they were pushing each other over and stuff.

By contrast, spoke to a former SAS bloke who'd been in the Falklands, really down to earth and talked about the stuff he'd done the way I'd talk about a shit I'd done or a game of crazy golf I'd played a couple of years back. He was working in a curry's warehouse or something when I spoke to him, nobody knew what he did or where he'd been.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Nah Pompey is much nicer than Scummer land and it doesn't smell anywhere near as bad. 

Don't know about that, to be honest I don't ever use scummer or skates as I'm from Bootle and it has nothing to do with me and of no interest. 

I know people from both towns, no difference really, I know where I'd rather be though and that's home. 

• Upvote 1