You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Midtjylland (H) Champions League - 27/10/20 - 20:00

Bjornebye

9 minutes ago, aRdja said:

Robbo was good, Jota was quite good, Alisson was solid, and Shaq had his moments, Gomez wasn’t that bad and Gini did well after coming on.

Jota, Robertson and Wijnaldum did what they usually do. They had normal games. Not really worth of mention.

Shaqiri had one moment, but was otherwise mediocre. Gomez, if the point of football is to hit it out of play, then he was phenomenal.

The game was awful. Awful. But from both teams. Put it in the record books, then forget it ever happened.

You can tell Klopp does really respect sides that have the balls and setup to press us high and try to stop us playing instead of doing that park the bus Shite that became known as a tactical masterclass.  It clearly takes a lot of work on the training ground and the groundwork before it in an office to be able to stop the top sides in the world and to do it with the level of players some of these sides have is brilliant.

Klopp on Fabinho injury "It's exactly the last thing we needed. I know he felt a hamstring, and that's not good. He said he could have played on but no sprints, which doesn't help. We will see, we will know more after a scan".

He reckons Henderson is OK.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, The Guest said:

You can tell Klopp does really respect sides that have the balls and setup to press us high and try to stop us playing instead of doing that park the bus Shite that became known as a tactical masterclass.  It clearly takes a lot of work on the training ground and the groundwork before it in an office to be able to stop the top sides in the world and to do it with the level of players some of these sides have is brilliant.

Yeah he's always happy when we play teams that come to give us a game, even when it makes us look bad or we don't get the win. 

Nice and solid performance, Mini and Div where shite, Trent great again for the 3rd game in a row, looks to have found his range again. Williams done well, no messing, just concentrated stuff through out. We could win PL games with him once we have the 2 full backs, Thiago and the front 3. I include Jota in the front 3, he's a baller.

9 minutes ago, sir roger said:

Wonder if Hendo got pulled at half time to ensure he would be fit for centre half at the weekend.

Going by Klopp's post match interview, I suspect the pre-match plan was for Hendo to only play 45 minutes regardless.

If Matip isn't fit enough for a return at the weekend, then it has to be Hendo at centre half, especially if Antonio is up top for West Ham, as he'd bully either of Phillips or Rhys Williams.

Sometimes you need to play a mix of first choice regulars and back-ups in all the departments of the pitch in order to get the most out of the back-ups in particular, otherwise the team's performances can be very disjointed and lacklustre.

That's what we saw tonight up front. Jota was game (until he scored, after which he just tailed off completely), but Taki and Div just never got going. Shaq struggled for any meaningful involvement until after the big guns came on up front.

We offered fuck-all in attack for the first hour, and not too much thereafter. Taki headed a Trent cross wide late in the first half, and Jota scuffed wide when a corner dropped to him unexpectedly in a decent position and he couldn't adjust his feet in time. Trent had one maurading run that ended with his pass to Taki being cut out, though he could have taken on a shot himself. Those moments aside, we had nothing to talk about in the first half.

Other than Fab's injury of course. That hamstring strain will probably require him to be out for a month. We still have a lot of games coming up in that time, but there's also an international break. If I were Klopp, I'd want to point out that I'd made all my players available for the last international break, and how these international breaks - particularly in the current climate - are not helpful for the health and fitness of my players.

We were a bit sharper in the second half, and Jota's goal was completely out of sync with the rest of the team's display. It was crisp, incisive and creative football - exactly what I want to see from us. Trent - who was MOTM for me - was of course at the heart of it. Of our two full backs, he was having more joy getting forward.

We brought the big guns on, but Mo aside, they made little impact. Bobby ballooned a great chance, and Sadio didn't do an awful lot. Mo looked a real threat and got his reward when he was fouled. He got up to convert the penalty at the end. I think that was only our second attempt on target all match too.

By and large, we kept the Danes at bay, but their forward Dreyer had great chances to score at the beginning and at the end of the match. For the early chance, he hesitated when clean through and Alisson was able to smother the shot. At the end, he completely sold Big Joe but could only dinked his shot into the side netting. That was a huge let-off. They had another attempt a little earlier where the player shot just wide with Alisson beaten, but other than that we were pretty comfortable.

6 points out of 6, and now we face a tricky game in Bergamo. We're capable of getting all the points there but we need to be much sharper and more effective in using the ball and making chances.

3 minutes ago, Dynamite said:

Going by Klopp's post match interview, I suspect the pre-match plan was for Hendo to only play 45 minutes regardless.

If Matip isn't fit enough for a return at the weekend, then it has to be Hendo at centre half, especially if Antonio is up top for West Ham, as he'd bully either of Phillips or Rhys Williams.

Henderson isn’t any good in the air, so a no from me. Reckon it will be Phillips. If Antonio plays he’ll cause massive problems for us either way.

23 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

I wish it was me there (actually we were shit I’d have been picked up on BT calling the world a cunt) my mate works for BT managed to get round there for it while they were fannying about with var 

He’s just replied to me he sent it me but didn’t film it. He was behind the dugout 

C80FC931-E0A3-4497-9EB8-B3693432695E.jpeg

2 minutes ago, Ronnie Whelan said:

I like Gomez but his form isn't good right now. He needs to step it up with Fabinho, Virgil and possibly Matip missing the next few games. With the best goalkeeper in the business behind him, two world class full backs and a top class midfield, he has no excuses. 

The expectations people have of Gomez are really, really low, for some reason.

14 minutes ago, Ronnie Whelan said:

I like Gomez but his form isn't good right now. He needs to step it up with Fabinho, Virgil and possibly Matip missing the next few games. With the best goalkeeper in the business behind him, two world class full backs and a top class midfield, he has no excuses. 

Sorry Ronnie, cant agree with you there. I think he has stepped up since Virgil's been missing. I think all this talk about him banging the ball into touch all the time is as lazy as the sideways shit Hendo used to get.

Poor performance, good result. Their set up was good but their players upfront were not good enough technically.

We had problem to set up right I thought. Robbo was always all alone, no one to play with. Who was supposed to play there ?

Origi was abysmal, lost many balls, wrong decisions, no runs. Minamino was awful too, is he not good enough to play for us ?

Jota is the real deal.