You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Midtjylland (H) Champions League - 27/10/20 - 20:00

Bjornebye

We've only met Danish sides twice in Europe. It seems strange just as our meeting with Ajax in midweek was only the second time we've met them. I guess playing against Napoli or Chelsea nearly every year is one reason for that.

Anyway, the first set of Dutch cunts we faced were Odense, back in September 1983. Michael Robinson and Kenny got two apiece in a 5-0 win in the first leg at Anfield, with an own goal rounding off the score. We won that tie comfortably enough on our way to winning No4 in Rome.

Top of the UK charts at the time was the other big hit from Culture Club - 'Karma Chameleon'. Just like their other big hit, I wouldn't say it was a great song but at the same time, it's a definite reminder of the 80s. Just one of those tracks that probably everyone of a certain age has heard, and a few of you of a certain age probably shimmied along to down the local nightclub!

Right now, our players have often looked like men without conviction (see what I did there?). I don't think Big Virg's absence is that big a reason for it because we've been a bit like that for months now. Football inside empty stadiums has proved to be a bit of a leveller because we've seen crazy performances and crazy scorelines from just about everybody, not least ourselves. I know almost nothing about our opponents but if we play with focus and precision, we should be far too strong for them. Do that and we'll be on maximum points going into the double-header against the dangerous Atalanta.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5

Midtjylland (Danish: [ˈmitjyˌlænˀ], "Central Jutland") is a Danish professional football club based in Herning and Ikast in the midwestern part of Jutland. The club is the result of a merger between Ikast FS and Herning Fremad

Typical UEFA making us play 2 teams rolled into 1, it’s a conspiracy I tell you.

0-3 Redmen

1 hour ago, mgw100 said:

We should go strong but there's a few squaddies that can start - Shaqiri, Jones, Minamino spring to mind

Against Ajax there seemed to be a pre-meditated changing of the front three directly on the hour. With Jota Mini and Shaq coming on at the same time. 

I reckon we might see the opposite this time, with those three starting and then subbing some or all of them depending on how the game is going. 

They are owned by the same guy that owns Brentford. Before he took over FCM was pretty succesful in bringing in young Africans via their academy on the continent, and luring the best young talent in Denmark to them aswell. They've been fined a few times knicking underage youngsters in Denmark from other clubs, especially my local club. Cunts.

They now also have access to smartodds via the Brentford owner, the excellent dataanalyst program he developed. They are really on the forefont of data analysing and are making a fortune on selling on players that have been picked up for peanuts due to that. Just like Brentford except for Brentford not making to much money on that, but instead picking up players whom don't stand out via normal scouting. 

Their data analysing is on par with ours and Arsenal who is actually really good at that aswell. Something I actually didn't know. I think it's a woman running theirs and she is supposed to be absolutely brilliant at her job. As far as I know she hides in the shadows a bit like Edwards.