Quantcast
Day to day items that can be ludicrously expensive - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Colonel Kurtz

Day to day items that can be ludicrously expensive

This is thread about everyday items that are either incredibly cheap and have a variation that is ludicrously expensive. My entry is Sainsbury’s manukau honey at £25 a jar ! I took a picture tonight. Which cunt is paying £25 for a jar of fucking bee food ?

749BA742-8FE9-47E4-902C-1A735813E5E1.jpeg

B201A66E-7A95-4BEC-8152-3DAE5908AB84.jpeg

3 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

I bought my missus some peppermint tablets cost me £22 I was going to say fuck that at the till but it was some fit Brazilian looking girl.

You should have just bought her a packet of Polo's.

6 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Train travel in this country. I can get to Madrid cheaper than I can get to Norwich. 

I can get to Paris and pay for a bottle of the ol’ vin rouge in my favourite place in Montparnasse and get back in time for last orders cheaper than a standard Liverpool return.

I know as I’ve done it a few time after balking at the price of heading up north.

I’m heading to Whitehaven on Monday to see a mate who’s broken his collar bone, £168 return! 

Fuck that, I’ll drive.

12 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

Under butlers. I’m paying to train him. 

Would be cheaper to stay at a suite at the Savoy you get your own fully fledged Butler there 

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

I bought my missus some peppermint tablets cost me £22 I was going to say fuck that at the till but it was some fit Brazilian looking girl.

Yeah anything from Holland and Barrett takes the piss. "Yeah stop taking proven pharmaceuticals and take these zinc tablets for 18 quid." Fuck off.

Divorce - basically its 50% of your house and pension plus a monthly maintenance cheque until the kids are 18. Doesn't matter who is at fault, them's the rules. My ex ran off with another bloke who was living in bedsit at the time, they rented a big fuck off 5 bed house about 3 streets from our old house and neither of them worked again for 5 years. I paid for it all just to stay in touch with my kids. Not that I'm at all bitter about it. 

1 minute ago, Bjornebye said:

Taking the fucking piss this

BWJLh5KCIAAzXLq.jpg

I dread to think how much a Taz is if a chop is 65p. Those are 10p. It’s the law. 

• Upvote 3

36 minutes ago, ZonkoVille77 said:

Disposable razors cost a packet for decent ones. 

I've used a reusable razor for the past 15 years, buying a pack of Boots own blades every couple of months for £2. I'd use a cut throat but I'm too much of a shit house.

Edited by Rushies tash
Went to check. Not Gillette at all, even cheaper.

10 minutes ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

Divorce - basically its 50% of your house and pension plus a monthly maintenance cheque until the kids are 18. Doesn't matter who is at fault, them's the rules. My ex ran off with another bloke who was living in bedsit at the time, they rented a big fuck off 5 bed house about 3 streets from our old house and neither of them worked again for 5 years. I paid for it all just to stay in touch with my kids. Not that I'm at all bitter about it. 

tenor.gif?itemid=5439779

18 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Taking the fucking piss this

BWJLh5KCIAAzXLq.jpg

Doesn’t seem that long ago we were laughing when Kevin Bridges made the joke about ‘it’s only a matter of time before a Chomp’s a quid’

Nobodys laughing any more.

i had a tantrum when I bought a pack of polos for the first time in years. When I was a kid they were 15p, thought I misheard when the old crone in the newsagent demanded 65p with what could only be described as menaces. The world has gone mad.

24 minutes ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

To add to that, getting married in the first place.