Quantcast
Day to day items that can be ludicrously expensive - Page 3 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Colonel Kurtz

Day to day items that can be ludicrously expensive

14 hours ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

They’re all charlatans, morons as well. No understanding of basic physics. I’ve made myself unpopular at a few dinner parties with my views on alternative medicine. Don’t get me started on psychics.  

It's like you can read my mind.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

Why is lamb so expensive, not a fan myself but my mum spends a fortune on it.

’ Ooh £25 for a bit of lamb that’s good’

Same with Duck.

Just now, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

Yeah that two, my missus loves it think she pays about a £10?

I just go to the local pond with a pellet gun.

20 hours ago, Bruce Spanner said:

I can get to Paris and pay for a bottle of the ol’ vin rouge in my favourite place in Montparnasse and get back in time for last orders cheaper than a standard Liverpool return.

I know as I’ve done it a few time after balking at the price of heading up north.

I’m heading to Whitehaven on Monday to see a mate who’s broken his collar bone, £168 return! 

Fuck that, I’ll drive.

I'm so sorry Bruce. 

Whitehaven, what a shithole.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Stouffer said:

I'm so sorry Bruce. 

Whitehaven, what a shithole.

Yeah, it’s truly fucking bleak.

I went up, at his request, a couple of years back and have always vowed I’d never go back. 

The daft cunts only gone and broken his collar bone badly whilst twatting about in Lycra on his bike.

He’s down as shit, so being the all round good egg I am I’m taking a bag of booze and we’re going to sit on his couch for a couple of days so he doesn’t off himself.

Fucking Whitehaven, bleak.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, cloggypop said:

Loads of Whitehaven people over here. I assume one person came originally and anyone that visited them has refused to go back. 

I know two people from there, my mate who’s one of the soundest people you’ll ever meet and a mate of his who is a world class bellend.

I tried to take them on a night out in Liverpool and I walked out after an hour, and went and did my own thing, as he was that much of a dickhead.   

The one night out I had there felt more like a Safari experience than anything. Six toed, petrol drinking fucks.

2 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

I know two people from there, my mate who’s one of the soundest people you’ll ever meet and a mate of his who is a world class bellend.

I tried to take them on a night out in Liverpool and I walked out after an hour, and went and did my own thing, as he was that much of a dickhead.   

The one night out I had there felt more like a Safari experience than anything. Six toed, petrol drinking fucks.

Lucky you didn't start a Liverpool colony of them really. 

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Champ said:

Printer ink. What is that ink made of?

The 'official' stuff is ridiculous, presumably they sell the printer for cheap and try and make the money on the ink. Fortunately, 'compatibles' are much cheaper.

3 minutes ago, Mudface said:

The 'official' stuff is ridiculous, presumably they sell the printer for cheap and try and make the money on the ink. Fortunately, 'compatibles' are much cheaper.

They do.

Cartridges are 30% full when you buy them, starter cartridges, and the ink is far more profitable than the machines so they are very much set up on that model.

My one year as a sales ‘executive’ for Office Depot is finally useful for something...

Compatibles are invariably shite, not sure that changed much in the ten years since I sold my soul, whilst selling pencils, on a daily basis.

• Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

They do.

Cartridges are 30% full when you buy them, starter cartridges, and the ink is far more profitable than the machines so they are very much set up on that model.

My one year as a sales ‘executive’ for Office Depot is finally useful for something...

Compatibles are invariably shite, not sure that changed much in the ten years since I sold my soul, whilst selling pencils, on a daily basis.

I had a client who had a profitable little business buying and sorting recycling cartridges. There’s an arms race between the printer cartridge makers trying to make them unrecyclable and the recyclers thinking up new techniques to recycle them. Apparently his best buyer was Hewlett Packard who deliberately buy their second hand cartridges to destroy them. 

13 hours ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

And they’re mostly virgins. Only a very few get to shag the Queen. The rest are little virgin slaves slaving away to feed another bee’s kids and then the product of their efforts that gets nicked by some god like bee keeper and sold in Sainsbury’s for £25 a jar. It’s a shit life being a worker bee. 

Okay, I've got to pull you up on a few things here. Firstly, the large majority of bees in the hive are female, so they wouldn't be looking to shag the queen in the first instance. Secondly, the few males that do inhabit the hive won't be shagging the resident queen, because she is their mother; they will fly off and mate with queens from other colonies. And thirdly, while it's technically correct that the workers are looking after "another bee's kids", this overlooks the not irrelevant fact that those kids are their brothers and sisters.