Quantcast
US Election 2020 Thread - Page 276 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Bjornebye

US Election 2020 Thread

How can you improve an economy if you dont want millions and millions of people to have money to spend. How can you believe in small government if you think taxpayers money should be used to top up wages so private companies don't have to pay proper wages. The US goes on about freedom and liberty but essentially chain people to jobs through work related health insurance, people terrified to leave work because of the kids dental plan, you have a very real chance of losing everything you have if youre ill or in an accident. How can you have Justice if wealth is the biggest factor on if youre found guilty or not or even get representation at all.

Fuck the US system, they should be fucking ashamed as human beings at their healthcare system and the millions who get no access at all. I watched a video of a guy whose bollocks had swelled so big he had to push them around in a pram, once the funny ludicrous nature of it worn off I saw a man in desperate pain just left to suffer in an inhumane way to the amusement of others, say what we like about this country but that man would not of suffered one day more than he had too. It wouldn't of took a surgeon looking for a bit of publicity to step in and help him. The same way you shouldn't have to tip employees to top up their wages so fucking business owners can take home more profit by exploiting their staff. $15 it should be fucking $20 just to start with and some sort of balance put back into economies rather than creating corporations more powerful than governments, oligarchs and monopolies. After 40 years of those at the top swimming in the worlds cash its about fucking time the rest got paid.

• Upvote 5

Well played, quite an achievement to come across as even worse than Trump- I think Manchin, one of the Democrats who voted against the minimum wage rise, was instrumental in introducing an earnings cap on the stimulus cheques. It's based on 2019 income, which will obviously have changed drastically for many people in the meantime, and will save about $12 billion out of the $1.9 trillion bill, less than 1%. They're going to get destroyed in 2022. I can't find a direct link, so these pics will have to do.

qRGxCDB.png

lXjbbwr.png?1

I’ve seen a few tweets suggesting that as they were only voting against the Bill it was attached to, they’ll put it through on another Bill they think will pass. But I’ve also seen the ideological arguments against citing the effect on small businesses, even though it would have been rolled out slowly and evidence from other countries suggests that when that happens the effects on small businesses is much less damaging.

I'm sick of small business being the excuse to hold back people's pay rate year after year. If people have cash in their pockets they're more likely to spend money in your business if they have more money and don't then your business is shite and will fail. 

• Upvote 2

They are voting on a Federal minimum wage - states vote individually on wages for businesses. Florida passed $15 minimum wage last year. It is phased over the next 5 years I think. For us that nearly doubled the minimum - it was $8.50. Half of the States already have 15 an hour. 

There are no federal "small businesses" but it would force rural areas in the deep South to raise their wages for instance - there is plenty of evidence that cannot be supported.

A Trump like figure without the constant outbursts will run riot over the dems, who have quite clearly learnt absolutely nothing from Trump's election. Whether his son is that guy I don't know.

Sidney Powell's lawyer is arguing today in the Dominion case that she should be protected as "no reasonable person" would have believed what she was saying to be factual.

Interestingly - this is the same tact recently taken by two pillars of modern philosophy - Tucker Carlson and Alex Jones.

4 hours ago, TheHowieLama said:

Sidney Powell's lawyer is arguing today in the Dominion case that she should be protected as "no reasonable person" would have believed what she was saying to be factual.

Interestingly - this is the same tact recently taken by two pillars of modern philosophy - Tucker Carlson and Alex Jones.

In her case it was said under oath so she's effectively admitting to perjury

And so it begins---

Rudy Giuliani,  the former personal lawyer for former President Donald Trump who once held one of the legal profession's most prestigious jobs, was suspended Thursday from practicing law in New York state by an appellate court that found he made "demonstrably false and misleading statements" about the 2020 election.

On 07/01/2021 at 07:59, Red Phoenix said:

And yeah the FBI find pipe bombs, so it has to 100% be accepted that they definitely weren't planted there at all so that this could be classed as domestic terrorism and that there's zero chance it was one of the classic FBI plots that later turned out to have had FBI involvement in the first place. I'll keep a bit of doubt on that I think.

An extract with a link to the rest at the end :

Questions About the FBI's Role in 1/6 Are Mocked Because the FBI Shapes Liberal Corporate Media

The FBI has been manufacturing and directing terror plots and criminal rings for decades. But now, reverence for security state agencies reigns.

Glenn Greenwald, Jun 18

How is it remotely credible that the FBI did not have informants in these three groups that they have been identifying as major threats for years, especially given the reporting that the leader of the Proud Boys — conveniently arrested the day before January 6 — was an FBI informant in the past, along with the confirmed reporting that the FBI had multiple informants in the Michigan Three Percenters case?

Why are low-level protesters being charged with major crimes while the alleged organizers of this riot and the leaders of these groups have not been?

Why are enormous amounts of video surveillance footage from January 6 still being concealed?

What happened to the alleged planting of pipe bombs near the Capitol?

Why did the FBI not take more aggressive action given the once-denied but now-confirmed fact that the social media platform Parler sent the FBI advanced warnings of specific plots to use violence at the Capitol?

If the FBI had advanced knowledge of what was being plotted yet did nothing to stop the attack, it raises numerous possibilities about why that is. It could be that they just had yet another “intelligence failure” of the kind that they claimed caused them to miss the 9/11 attack and therefore need massive new surveillance authorities, budget increases, and new Patriot-Act-type laws to fix it. It could be that they allowed the riot to happen because they did not take it seriously enough or because some of them supported the cause behind it, or because they realized that there would be benefits to the security state if it happened. Or it could be that they were using those operatives under their control to plot with, direct, and drive the attack -- as they have done so many times in the past — and allowed it to happen out of either negligence or intent.

https://greenwald.substack.com/p/questions-about-the-fbis-role-in

11 hours ago, Anubis said:

Still hanging on in there.

E5zRTC3VUAIoFM3?format=jpg&name=large

Poor cunt's in a bad place reputation-wise if those promoting him are using terms like 'reformed sodomite' 'penitent' and 'hair icon' to pad out his resume.

'...his unapologetic commitment to the sound of his own voice.' This isn't satire, is it? Maybe those evangelical nutters do have a sense of humour after all, contrary to my own beliefs.

2 minutes ago, niallers said:

Yes,but in Latin, jehova begins with an "I"

Always fancied walking into a corporate meeting dressed as a Sadducee and saying 'there's no I in Jehova'.

For anyone interested in how Powell, Wood and the rest of the Kraken lawsuit lawyers are getting on, they are currently getting hauled over the coals in a sanctions hearing.

Background.

https://lawandcrime.com/2020-election/a-federal-judge-holds-kraken-lawyers-feet-to-the-fire-at-sanctions-hearing-lin-wood-tried-to-distance-himself-from-it-all/amp/#click=https://t.co/Yc7tEMlmvV

Ongoing thread.