Quantcast
US Election 2020 Thread - Page 275 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Bjornebye

US Election 2020 Thread

Recommended Posts

The Republicans want to ride roughshod over democracy because it's a word derived from 'democrat' which is a dirty word to them, along with words like 'liberal', 'socialist' and 'honesty'.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The whole system over there is so fucked, the corrupt don’t even have to cover up their crimes. It’s so blatant and they never lose their power as a result, or face any consequences.

 

I’m not sure how they get around to fixing these seismic, systemic issues either as there are so many “special interests” and lobbyists that would oppose any change it just won’t get passed. It would take a a full on collapse of society before they try to change anything. 
 

I appreciate its not that much better over here and it’s depressing to say the least. I’m both astounded by the lack of justice when there is so much evidence but at the same time not surprised in the least as it was already known they wouldn’t get a majority to convict.

 

One of the worst parts of growing up is having the veil lifted on the notion that bad people eventually get what’s coming to them in the end. It’s just a lie we tell ourselves to try and make ourselves feel better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Scooby Dudek said:

Good point, but both the Dems (Clinton) and GOP, openly state before the trial which way they will vote. Plus irony of ironies, this trial was over so quickly because the GOP said they would call hundreds of witnesses. At least at Nuremberg there was no time limit and they would have wanted as many people to speak as possible (I could be wrong on this).

Aye, the time

limitations imposed by the need to get on with the Covid support packages, does raise the question of why did they not sit it on the back burner for 6 months or so.
Get the most time sensitive shit out of the way first, rather than letting the malignant republican wankers push it through quickly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hard not to admire this kind of shameless behaviour.

 

 

Ted Cruz has sparked outcry after the Republican senator from Texas left the state for a trip to the sunny Mexican tourist resort of Cancún, as millions of his constituents endure deadly power outages and freezing temperatures.

Cruz was spotted waiting for, then later boarding, a flight to Cancún on Wednesday night. After photos of Cruz on the plane went viral on Twitter, prompting fierce criticism, the senator returned to Texas on Thursday, saying the trip was “obviously a mistake”

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Ted Cruz has sparked outcry after the Republican senator from Texas left the state for a trip to the sunny Mexican tourist resort of Cancún, as millions of his constituents endure deadly power outages and freezing temperatures.

Cruz was spotted waiting for, then later boarding, a flight to Cancún on Wednesday night. After photos of Cruz on the plane went viral on Twitter, prompting fierce criticism, the senator returned to Texas on Thursday, saying the trip was “obviously a mistake”

 

Politicians on either side don't even have to try any more. They can just tweet something right or left wing to rile up their supporters then just continue to shit on their constituents from a great height.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Hard not to admire this kind of shameless behaviour.

 

 

Ted Cruz has sparked outcry after the Republican senator from Texas left the state for a trip to the sunny Mexican tourist resort of Cancún, as millions of his constituents endure deadly power outages and freezing temperatures.

Cruz was spotted waiting for, then later boarding, a flight to Cancún on Wednesday night. After photos of Cruz on the plane went viral on Twitter, prompting fierce criticism, the senator returned to Texas on Thursday, saying the trip was “obviously a mistake”


You gotta admire Cruz and his cunthood.

 

Remember in 2013 when he ‘fiilabusted’ for what felt like days to block Obamacare?

 

He didn’t need to, he did it for the ‘lol’s’, he could have just sent an email and it would have been more effective, he did it to be a cunt and make sure his ideas made the news.

 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theatlantic.com/amp/article/279959/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did none of these fuckers read Hamlet while at school? Donald was great at this, every time he'd tweet something stupid prople would shoot it down using an older tweet of his.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

You see the CPAC stage looking like a nazi rune. That's surely beyond coincidence to be that specific.

One more coincidental use of Nazi symbolism from the guys who just happened to be advised by Stephen Miller who definitely has no idea what those things would look like.

 

 

The highlight was when Trump announced the website where all the donations will go for the next 4 years so he can "continue working".

Aptly named  "DonaldJTrump.com" he told everyone to send him money then walked off to the strains of YMCA.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, cloggypop said:

The use of YMCA cracks me up every time. Whoever suggested it to him is a comedic genius. 

Hearing he’ll be coming out to the Blue Oyster Bar music from Police Academy in 2024.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, cloggypop said:

The use of YMCA cracks me up every time. Whoever suggested it to him is a comedic genius. 

Absolutely. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The husband of a Republican Illinois lawmaker is denying having ties to a right-wing militia group, after his truck was seen with a decal promoting the organization near the Capitol grounds on the day of the deadly riot at the building. 

Chris Miller, a Republican member of the Illinois General assembly who is married to U.S. Rep. Mary Miller (R-Ill.), had a decal of the Three Percenters group displayed on his truck that was parked at the East Front of the Capitol.

 

Miller has said that he did not know what the logo meant.  He said he was displaying a “cool” sticker.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/mar/05/us-capitol-riot-man-pelosi-feet-desk-richard-barnett

 

Best get used to it, you dumb cunt.

 

'It's not fair!' Capitol suspect who put feet on Pelosi's desk has court outburst

Richard Barnett, charged over January attack, complains after judge rules he must remain in jail until next court date in May

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×