Quantcast
US Election 2020 Thread - Page 246 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Bjornebye

US Election 2020 Thread

Asshole Bill Posey saying 'The president's sins may be different to yours or mine, but they are clearly not treasonous'

If he's not willing to recognise his actions are treasonous...

First time I've ever watched congress sit in my life (never had an interest in US politics before Trump pre covid). Didn't even watch the cunts last impeachment.

Yield, recognised and reserve?

Weird as fuck to watch.

1 minute ago, 1892-LFCWasBorn said:

First time I've ever watched congress sit in my life (never had an interest in US politics before Trump pre covid). Didn't even watch the cunts last impeachment.

Weird as fuck to watch.

Yield, recognised and reserve?

"The gentlemans' time is expired"

He dead?

Vote due to start, any idea how long it takes ? 

Do they all go out and vote, like in U.K. or do they yeah and nay with each member asked individually ?

If they vote to impeach does it go straight to the Senate ?

Come on answer me people...

1 minute ago, Scooby Dudek said:

Vote due to start, any idea how long it takes ? 

Do they all go out and vote, like in U.K. or do they yeah and nay with each member asked individually ?

If they vote to impeach does it go straight to the Senate ?

Come on answer me people...

The Senate vote isn’t due until after Biden is inaugurated.

It’s a waste of time.

• Upvote 1

This guy, Steny Hoyer (D) Majority Leader, is a hard listen, with his huge pauses, but how can he be allowed ramble on like that when he was given just one minute? Others have been cut off sharply when they overran their time.

1 minute ago, Chocoholic said:

This guy is a hard listen, with his huge pauses, but how can he be allowed ramble on like that when he was given just one minute? Others have been cut off sharply when they overran their time.

It’s closing arguments not the timed stuff.

7 minutes ago, Chocoholic said:

This guy, Steny Hoyer (D) Majority Leader, is a hard listen, with his huge pauses, but how can he be allowed ramble on like that when he was given just one minute? Others have been cut off sharply when they overran their time.

He's boss. He's speaking very well.

8 minutes ago, Brownie said:

The Senate vote isn’t due until after Biden is inaugurated.

It’s a waste of time.

Great, so just wasted the last few hours. 

Cheers

5 minutes ago, Scooby Dudek said:

Great, so just wasted the last few hours. 

Cheers

They can still impeach even if he’s out of office. Doesn’t stop him burning everything to the ground in the interim.

The thing is with a successful impeachment, the orange cunt will be barred from running again and he'll lose his pension and all the other ancillaries a former president gets. 

So a 2 hour debate took 3 and a half hours. 

There is a 15 minute countdown clock on voting but they are still voting despite the clock reaching zero. 

Are they doing this just to piss me off ? 

I am the real victim here.

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

This is why I would look to break these companies up. You've hit the nail on the head. I honestly think the governments actually like what they do. They've built the greatest surveillance system the world has ever seen and got us all to volunteer to be survielled. Just look at last week at the Capitol. Within 24 hours the key players were identified and named. But not by the police of FBI, they were still appealing for help. They were all called out by social media. Because they know where we all are. They have our faces and can perform quick facial recognition. They've a platform with most of the world on, so you almost get access to an "informant" network of billions. The thing is, everyone is made up when it's cunts doing what they did last week. But what if this had gone the other way? What if these platforms were pro-trump, what if he'd managed to get Pence to do what he wanted and in effect implemented a coup by rejecting the certified votes? Then when there would rightly be opposition, they can stop it in a heart beat because they know who everyone is, where they are, so police services can stop any protest before it even begins. It's actually quite frightening where we are with these tech companies. I don't know how we roll it back though. 

I think when you look at the political leaders of the right, they are happy to trample on as many of those beneath them as it takes to get as high up the chain as possible.

but they are definitely the tail and not the dog, and no matter what they think is happening the dogs are in control, they are happy for the tails to thi me they are, but look at the example of Murdoch over the years, and as you state the platform Granted to Trump, which has now been whipped away.

the centre seem most concerned with maintaining a status quo that gets steadily worse year on year, like mr barraclough trying to keep order in HMP Slade.

The level of power the tech companies (or rather their investors) now wield, goes back to the old days of the Rockefeller’s Rothschilds et al, but now as well as having vast sums of financial wealth with which to influence, they have the data and knowledge via machine

learning and predictability with which to influence people at the individual level, that it seems to be game over.

how we get away from this I have no idea, I’m not sure regulation can happen unless the tech giants want it, and that would be turkey’s voting for Christmas.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

How many was it in the end? CNN were suggesting up to 20 this afternoon

10 so far, 4 Republicans left to vote.

• Upvote 1