Quantcast
US Election 2020 Thread - Page 244 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Bjornebye

US Election 2020 Thread

4 hours ago, Audrey Witherspoon said:

Some women, think in 1918 you still had to own a house or some strange shit to be enfranchised. So a bit like how liberals and the Tories would like to have things again.

Less of the uneducated and unwashed getting their votes wrong.

(I get that yer post was a piss take but it underpins an important point)

Fully agree, the people behind these companies, especially the post millennium one, are so heavily diversified, with fingers in so many pies. 
Paypal gave us Musk & Thiel, consider what each of those is into, Musk seems the less nefarious at the minute, but both are of a clear libertarian bent, Thiel is clearly pursuing this through Palantir, he was also one of the 1st investors to Facebook.

FaceBook as previously stated has workplace so it can monitor us dusk till dawn, even to the point of switching from workplace to FB/Instagram/WhatsApp when you go take a shite at work, if you are invested in the system they can track you around the clock.

Every time some new platform arrives these bastards try to buy them, and due to the costs involved - no-one outside of the mega technocrats can afford them.

people are also so reluctant to change platforms, even when you clearly state the problem and possible solutions to them.

The need for a global solution, I think will only one when you have major blocs such as the EU or US making progressive changes. Problem with this is the people most heavily invested, will do what ever they can to prevent this, and I think part of the Brexit deal was definitely with regards to tracking and seriously disincentivising offshore accounting, rather than setting low slap-on-the-wrist non-punitive fines that are then built into the financial planning of the firms breaking the rules.

Bow your greater industry knowledge on this shit.

and yes, the Swede, mosdef, yes.

This is why I would look to break these companies up. You've hit the nail on the head. I honestly think the governments actually like what they do. They've built the greatest surveillance system the world has ever seen and got us all to volunteer to be survielled. Just look at last week at the Capitol. Within 24 hours the key players were identified and named. But not by the police of FBI, they were still appealing for help. They were all called out by social media. Because they know where we all are. They have our faces and can perform quick facial recognition. They've a platform with most of the world on, so you almost get access to an "informant" network of billions. The thing is, everyone is made up when it's cunts doing what they did last week. But what if this had gone the other way? What if these platforms were pro-trump, what if he'd managed to get Pence to do what he wanted and in effect implemented a coup by rejecting the certified votes? Then when there would rightly be opposition, they can stop it in a heart beat because they know who everyone is, where they are, so police services can stop any protest before it even begins. It's actually quite frightening where we are with these tech companies. I don't know how we roll it back though. 

2 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

This is why I would look to break these companies up. You've hit the nail on the head. I honestly think the governments actually like what they do. They've built the greatest surveillance system the world has ever seen and got us all to volunteer to be survielled. Just look at last week at the Capitol. Within 24 hours the key players were identified and named. But not by the police of FBI, they were still appealing for help. They were all called out by social media. Because they know where we all are. They have our faces and can perform quick facial recognition. They've a platform with most of the world on, so you almost get access to an "informant" network of billions. The thing is, everyone is made up when it's cunts doing what they did last week. But what if this had gone the other way? What if these platforms were pro-trump, what if he'd managed to get Pence to do what he wanted and in effect implemented a coup by rejecting the certified votes? Then when there would rightly be opposition, they can stop it in a heart beat because they know who everyone is, where they are, so police services can stop any protest before it even begins. It's actually quite frightening where we are with these tech companies. I don't know how we roll it back though. 

Stewart Lee: "I hate Twitter. It's like a state surveillance agency run by gullible volunteers. A Stasi for the Angry Birds generation."

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Brownie said:

Pence won’t be invoking the 25th amendment. The Senate won’t vote for Impeachment.

A big waste of time all round.

If impeachment gets to the senate, the senate can hold a second vote to disqualify the president from holding office in the future. They only need a simple majority for that. A lot of GOP's will want to see the back of Trump without actually impeaching him.

That being said, if you vote against Trump then you are putting yourself in the firing line. Lot of well armed loonies about.

Another victim of the 6th January. Really sad to see someone disappear down a rabbit hole, do something remarkably stupid because he was encouraged by the leader of his country, then feel he has to take his own life because of the potential consequences.

13 minutes ago, M_B said:

That being said, if you vote against Trump then you are putting yourself in the firing line. Lot of well armed loonies about.

Indeed.

Dr Tammy could vacuum-clean you to death with her vulva.

30 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Another victim of the 6th January. Really sad to see someone disappear down a rabbit hole, do something remarkably stupid because he was encouraged by the leader of his country, then feel he has to take his own life because of the potential consequences.

Or, the mentally-ill leading the mentally-ill.

What could possibly go wrong?

Somewhere in deepest darkest Amercia, someone is furiously typing away in order to come up with some absurd conspiracy that links this man and the police officer who also killed himself. They will both be NWO shills by the morning, offed because they knew too much and were going to expose the antifa plot to storm the capital and at the same time, massive pawns in Trumps plan to throw Biden in jail and string up Pelosi on the lawn of the White House.

3 minutes ago, John102 said:

Somewhere in deepest darkest Amercia, someone is furiously typing away in order to come up with some absurd conspiracy 

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, John102 said:

Somewhere in deepest darkest Amercia, someone is furiously typing away in order to come up with some absurd conspiracy that links this man and the police officer who also killed himself. They will both be NWO shills by the morning, offed because they knew too much and were going to expose the antifa plot to storm the capital and at the same time, massive pawns in Trumps plan to throw Biden in jail and string up Pelosi on the lawn of the White House.

Its clear as day if you look at the letter form the joint chiefs a couple of pages back. If you pick specific letters on certain lines you will come up with a sum that proves the army are with them and these 2 coppers needed to be knocked off.

17 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

I get horny watching CNN to be honest. 

I think they are aware of that,  there has been a lack of flesh on display in recent day's.  Maybe restrain from sending them in cock pics.

4 minutes ago, No2 said:

I think they are aware of that,  there has been a lack of flesh on display in recent day's.  Maybe restrain from sending them in cock pics.

I cant help it. As soon as Abby Phillip comes on it kicks off in my living room 

tumblr_nhbis3UXWp1ss5xrko1_1280.gif

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Leyton388 said:

Honestly its like an episode of South Park. 

The longer it goes on, the funnier/crazier it gets, but there will be a line where there is no turning back and then it won't be so funny any more, and unfortunately that's easier to see in hindsight. We might have crossed it with the capitol riots. Civil war might be inevitable at this point, even if it takes another 1-4 years to materialise. The Trump loons have an army of martyrs now. Every loon put down by police is more proof of corruption to them.

Glenn Greenwald has jumped the shark completely. He's spent so long railing against establishment politics, he can't see the fascist forest for the trees.

Check out these goobers, especially the 'special' forces lad in combat gear 

"Stay at home dad." So...he's unemployed?

• Upvote 1

BB1cIjaR.img?h=480&w=799&m=6&q=60&o=f&l=

Actor and martial artist Chuck Norris has been forced to deny that he attended last week's Capitol Hill riot after a photo of a man with a striking resemblance appeared on social media.

Following the riot, a picture was uploaded to social media of a Donald Trump supporter who shared similar features to the 80-year-old star.

The picture of the man who looked similar to Chuck Norris caused some confusion, with many online believing the actor had actually attended the riot.

Norris is a 80s screen legend who rose to fame after appearing in Bruce Lee movie Way of the Dragon and becoming an action movie stalwart in films including Delta Force.

In more recent times he has become a popular meme that riffs on his impossibly tough image with lines such as 'Chuck Noris doesn't turn on the shower, he stares at it until it starts to cry.'

BB1cIq3j.img?h=1536&w=2560&m=6&q=60&o=f&

He is a staunch supporter of the Republican party, a Christian and also supports gun rights.

Speaking yesterday, Norris' manager Erik Kritzer confirmed that the man in the picture wasn't Chuck Norris.

He said: 'Chuck remains on his range in Texas where he has been with his family.'

Kritzer added that 'Chuck is much more handsome' than the man in the photograph.

The actor and martial artist also took to his own Facebook page to deny that the man in the picture was him.

In a post uploaded yesterday, Chuck said: 'It has come to my attention that unfortunately there was a Chuck Norris lookalike at the DC Capitol riots on January 6th. It wasn’t me and I wasn’t there.

'Let me be clear that there is no room for violence of any kind in our society, including in the context of political protests and that a peaceful transition of power is fundamental to our democratic system of government. 

'I am and always will be for Law and Order.'

The attack on the US Capitol Wednesday happened as members of Congress met to certify Joe Biden’s Electoral College victory.

So far, at least 82 people have been arrested and more than 55 have been charged over the insurrection. Hundreds more are being hunted by the authorities but are yet to be found, including 25 people who are being investigated on terrorism charges.

In 2016, Chuck Norris voiced his support for President Donald Trump, saying that Obama 'craziness' would have continued if Hillary Clinton had been elected into office.

In an op-ed written for the website WND, Norris wrote: 'And most grievous of all, justice seats on the U.S. Supreme Court will be filled by Hillary's nominees, and their next decade of decisions will certainly dismantle or destroy what is left of our republic.' 

Norris is best known for playing the karate-kicking lawman Cordell Walker in 'Walker, Texas Ranger' which ran between 1993 and 2001. 

Possibly ties in to what DC law enforcement have been saying about revelations coming out in future days about what happened in the Capitol will shock people.

Uh - oh.

There is a woman member of congress (can't recall her name) who is suggesting certain Congress members led "tours" of the Capitol the day before to folks who ended up inside the next day.