Quantcast
US Election 2020 Thread - Page 242 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Bjornebye

US Election 2020 Thread

BBC blog got a nice "Where next for Trump supporters thrown off Twitter?", where they are basically just promoting a series of far-right websites. Smart bunch, over there...

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

Imagine if you're feeling a bit off, so you go to your doctor for her expert, science-based opinion - and she's wearing a massive sparkly Q badge!

Q standing for quack, obviously. Nice of her to be so open and honest about that, seeing she lies about most other stuff.

Meanwhile, the baby throws another tantrum, with unexpected positive results for a change.

A whole week after the Capitol riot, and only a week to go before he's out, DoucheBank, like Twitter, Facebook and the other big tech & financials, cut their ties with him, having profited from allowing him free rein for the term of his presidency. Nice and principled. Or should that be nice and principaled? 

Doing the 'decent thing' of not swigging the last dregs from the bottle, after quaffing the gallon of wine. It would be unseemly. Big up to them.

57 minutes ago, Chocoholic said:

A whole week after the Capitol riot, and only a week to go before he's out, DoucheBank, like Twitter, Facebook and the other big tech & financials, cut their ties with him, having profited from allowing him free rein for the term of his presidency. Nice and principled. Or should that be nice and principaled? 

Doing the 'decent thing' of not swigging the last dregs from the bottle, after quaffing the gallon of wine. It would be unseemly. Big up to them.

The swigging the last dregs reminds of when Trump had an argument with Coca Cola and blasted it all over Twitter " I've never seen a thin fella drinking diet coke" was one of Donald's crackers. When coke threatened to sue he hit them with the classic "Seems I've upset the losers who run coca cola but they wont stop me drinking the garbage"  

10 hours ago, Section_31 said:

But this is why we're in this mess, because we give all opinions equal weight.

One side saying: "the world is run by a satanic ring of paedophiles and president trump is fighting back, but to undermine him the election was rigged."

And the other side saying:

"That's not true".

Is not a discussion. 

The people who support actions like what was seen on capitol Hill are extremists and should be treated as such, the venom that feeds them should be cut off at the source by any means necessary. People have got years in jail over here for sharing Jihadi content, what's the difference?

None of these people just popped into view. They've been around for decades. There's always been an undercurrent of disaffected in the US, from the very first biker gangs that were started after World War two by people who didn't want to be part of society because of their experiences in combat, to fringe religious groups, survivalists and people in the deep south who still think the confederacy should have won. There's a historic of domestic terrorism with anti government people actually planting bombs (Timothy McVeigh I "think" was in that category.)

These clowns have always been a potential danger and had whole divisions of FBI assigned to track them.

The problem now is you've got a president and a fringe media infrastructure that's established a way of making money out of stoking these people's hate and mentalism. That's a direct threat to the country. If one of these clowns got their hands on a nuclear bomb would anyone be shocked or surprised to see Washington go up in smoke? Probably not, and that's fucked up. Fuckers need purging, as does everyone who enables them.

I agree with a lot of what you’re saying. 
Peeling away a bit more of the onion though, so to speak, there is a 2 party political monopoly in place in the States, that wants to maintain the status quo. Who can blame them? Capitalists playing at the game they know. Sure, on the outside, they’ll appear to want a level playing field for everybody else - break up big tech or whatever - but they’re not going to let anybody break up their little two horse race.

Along comes Trump. Rhetoric: I’m going to drain the swamp and make America great again. That attracted a massive vote block, precisely because its not hard to see the state of American culture and democracy. Most people vote to create a better world, but obviously perception is everything, and our perception is governed by our indoctrination into any particular tribe we have subscribed to. Trump never once distanced himself from the far right maniacs, but the majority of his support, who to be fair, may be conservative or republican or whatever but not Nazis, didn’t have any other choices.

Just as an aside, the owners and admins of Parler had an obligation to shut down hate speech on their platform right from the get go, just as those on the left did, in not regulating Trump or his cronies earlier. But no, they’re just fucking money grubbing.

At the end of the day, there IS a difference between free speech and hate speech.

9 hours ago, Gnasher said:

Shame instead of relying on the messenger to shut down the message the Liberals and Democrats didnt let someone who offered an alternative to America's establishment take on Trump first time round and strangle his philosophy of division at birth.

Hilary Clinton was understandably seen as a toxic politician who was part of a political elite who offered little hope to blue collar America. Trump rode in on an anti establishment, anti Clinton card and duly mopped up every vote from disgruntled American voters. 

The Bernie Sanders v Donald Trump 2026 election was an election of ideals both America and the world were denied, and if the people would have been offered a true choice Trump would have been back doing game shows.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/bernie-sanders-beaten-donald-trump-pre-election-poll-a7412636.html

It would have a fascinating scenario with Bernie in the WH.....but.....the make up of both the Senate and The House, would have been obviously important.

Let’s assume the Dems got both. How much would the party have allowed Bernie to dictate terms?

Watching his live thing just now.

They're playing music waiting for him to arrive - "Saturday Night is Alright for Fighting."

No shit.

2 hours ago, Section_31 said:

I see Deuche bank are cutting ties with him, with a week to go. Inspiring stuff. Just waiting for Farage next, I give it 48 hours before.

No way, Farage will double down to try and suck the dicks of the 75million racists in America in the hope to gain some fans.

16 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Nailed on he'll announce a presidential run for 2024, start asking for donations, but won't actually run.

Not if he loses the impeachment trial. He'll be banned from ever holding office. A few in the GOP might be happy with that.    

2 hours ago, Section_31 said:

I see Deuche bank are cutting ties with him, with a week to go. Inspiring stuff. Just waiting for Farage next, I give it 48 hours before.

Galling, isn't it, watching them all feign a moral backbone once there are no consequences? Like Ian Brady telling Longford he always knew Myra had a mean streak.

• Upvote 1

FBI giving a briefing at the moment. Saying the initial charges are the beginning not the end. Have special teams working on sedition and conspiracy investigations.

15 minutes ago, Anubis said:

FBI giving a briefing at the moment. Saying the initial charges are the beginning not the end. Have special teams working on sedition and conspiracy investigations.

Transcript already online.

"This is no fantasy, no careless product of wild imagination. No, my good friends. These indictments I have brought you today, specific charges listed herein against the individuals - their acts of treason, their ultimate aim of sedition... These are matters of undeniable fact." 

27 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Joint Chiefs tell the Orange Womble it’s a no go.

ErkCC7BVQAEUv87?format=jpg&name=medium

Why are they talking about 2 dead policemen? When was that announced?