Quantcast
US Election 2020 Thread - Page 237 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Bjornebye

US Election 2020 Thread

40 minutes ago, SasaS said:

I still think acting should be the responsibility of relevant authorities, not the technical services provider.

What action are you talking about?

There are no relevant authorities in terms of who decides how a private business decides their clientele.

Unless you are suggesting that the gubmint should have that power - which of course is a little strange.

15 minutes ago, Red Shift said:

5E7F4526-7D56-49B8-9909-C08209254023.png

Thanks I'd forgot about that. I was wondering how the hell he navigated the site because I've had no idea how to do that in what I think has been a total of about 5-10 minutes that I've spent on there in the past. Half of that was probably looking at Icke's page to see what he's been saying since getting thrown off other social media.

29 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

If Parler can be wiped off the face of the earth by AWS refusing to do business with them, well they should be questioning their 3rd party risk management strategy. They aren't the only cloud provider out there. And if they are running an application that is so controversial that runs the risk of of pissing off its suppliers to an extent they no longer want to do business with them, perhaps they need a different technical solution. If they want to build a private cloud, I've got an absolutely smashing one I could sell them and I can sell them their internet solution too. 

On the other side of this, if we feel the likes of AWS are abusing their monopoly position (I personally don't think they are), there are plenty of antitrust laws globally which can be used to stop their abuse of dominant market position. 

Separately I think we need to consider the power these large tech companies hold and look at do they need to be broken up, but I don't think this is the issue here. The issue is simple, Parler is full of cunts, there has been incitement and the organisation of behaviour that has resulted in the deaths of people. It would feel for the sake of $300k per year Parler paid for their hosting fees on AWS it was hardly worth the arsing about and the reputational damage it could cause Amazon and their $280bn annual turnover. 

I can't really argue for Parler because of the situation they're in like you pointed out. There's idiots all over the site, the people running it are trying to make sure they allow all speech, and it looks like that's in part led to the storming of US congress. I'm more bothered about where this leads to in the future and will have to hope that whatever monopoly problems the big tech corps are engaging in is sorted out somehow.

3 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

Thanks I'd forgot about that. I was wondering how the hell he navigated the site because I've had no idea how to do that in what I think has been a total of about 5-10 minutes that I've spent on there in the past. Half of that was probably looking at Icke's page to see what he's been saying since getting thrown off other social media.

I can't really argue for Parler because of the situation they're in like you pointed out. There's idiots all over the site, the people running it are trying to make sure they allow all speech, and it looks like that's in part led to the storming of US congress. I'm more bothered about where this leads to in the future and will have to hope that whatever monopoly problems the big tech corps are engaging in is sorted out somehow.

Good thinking, David Icke’s take on this is vitally important.  

2 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

Sometimes looking at his posts on here, I'm left wondering if RP actually is David Icke.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Rico1304 said:

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

What action are you talking about?

There are no relevant authorities in terms of who decides how a private business decides their clientele.

Unless you are suggesting that the gubmint should have that power - which of course is a little strange.

Action against inciting to violence. For example, if there is a thread on this forum where people are actively inciting violence against, I don't know, British government officials, I would expect Dave and the British police to be main actors dealing with it, not the server hosting this forum.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, SasaS said:

Action against inciting to violence. For example, if there is a thread on this forum where people are actively inciting violence against, I don't know, British government officials, I would expect Dave and the British police to be main actors dealing with it, not the server hosting this forum.

You are lost mate - in this instance Bezos is Dave. He owns the servers. It is a product.

Twitter is Jack.

Facebook is Mark.

All of the fellas have no jurisdiction for legal re-course - they can ban folks from their platform.

And with some of the nonsense Frode has been peddaling in the music tourney Dave may need to step up. Again.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

You are lost mate - in this instance Bezos is Dave. He owns the servers. It is a product.

Twitter is Jack.

Facebook is Mark.

All of the fellas have no jurisdiction for legal re-course - they can ban folks from their platform.

And with some of the nonsense Frode has been peddaling in the music tourney Dave may need to step up. Again.

Bezos isn't Dave. Dave is Parler. Bezos is server Dave is paying to host the forum.

And tournament will end in arrests, that I am certain of.

3 hours ago, SasaS said:

Oh, now you like Amazon and Jeff Bezos? As a rule, I think if you are "inciting murder", it is not up to the private business to act against you, it should be under the purview of the judiciary and law enforcing agencies.

It's not a question of "liking" or disliking Bezos or Amazon. That would be silly.

I think companies should act responsibly. That includes paying taxes, treating workers properly and refusing to give a platform to those who abuse it by inciting murder.

I don't ask for much.

15 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

I don't ask for much.

Stealing my 2019/20 material makes you a

14 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

160 billion carat cunt

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

He's just a shit Lin Wood anyway now.

This whole “free speech!” part of the debate is bonkers. You are free to say what you want. The problem is, if you break laws with your words, either directly or indirectly, you’ll be prosecuted and won’t be able to spout that shite any more.

It’s really not hard to understand.

55 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

As I say, that's what antitrust laws are for. As I mentioned in my other post, I personally think there needs to be some consideration in breaking some of these companies up because they are too big. I'm not sure it's quite right there should be a company with turnover the equivalent of the GDP of a mid-sized EU nation. But that just isn't the problem here. The problem is Parler and the cunts who post on it. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Rico1304 said:

Agreed. Icke’s input will be vital, now that Kayleigh’s lizard transformation has begun. We’ll need all the expert analysis we can get........

......that’s a joke Howie

EE76576E-2EB0-48F6-9CA8-44CDB0B02C96.png

• Upvote 1