Quantcast
US Election 2020 Thread - Page 234 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Bjornebye

US Election 2020 Thread

image.png

Hold on, Trump commanded the Pope be arrested and all we get is a scant teaser headline? C'mon, man, I got my popcorn, I'm ready for the show - spill.

Such a letdown!

1 hour ago, skaro said:

Has Lucy Lawless gone on to be a professor at Yale?

Or Jacinda's Foreign Secretary?

Dunno but she has gone on to be a bit of an eco-warrior getting arrested once on an oil drilling protest.  She seems a decent lass.

And Xena pisses all over Hercules.

1 hour ago, skaro said:

It's 35 celsius here... I've switched off the cricket and am off in search of a copy.  On foot.

Would like to see Pant bring up a century here and India to not lose a wicket in this session to make things interesting.

Think once the next one goes then the Aussies will run through the rest pretty quickly though.

3 minutes ago, Jose Jones said:

Would like to see Pant bring up a century here and India to not lose a wicket in this session to make things interesting.

Think once the next one goes then the Aussies will run through the rest pretty quickly though.

Two hours ago, I thought it mightn't go past lunch.

I'd be more than happy for a Pant 200 to pull off a miracle.

He's a magnificent attacking bat.

On 07/01/2021 at 22:04, Bjornebye said:

Did you get any decent memorabilia mate? 

Yeah he got the Fascii that adorn the walls either side of the rostrum in the House - not sure if they’re the same ones used by Mussolini or not though....

...that was a joke btw

F358F68C-3D69-4C0B-8E68-A06CE6E5C8FB.png

On 07/01/2021 at 22:38, clangers said:

This is the whole lunacy of it, a substantial number of Americans quite prepared to take Trump's view at face value that the election was somehow rigged without any evidence or even a clear outline of how it happened. Bear in mind that in conspiracy terms we're up there with the moon landing's now. A conspiracy involving hundreds of thousands of illegitimate votes with effectively the active participation of much of the GOP itself (govenors, judges etc).

No evidence has been provided and in over 50 legal proceedings only 1 minor infraction has been supported.

Indeed the only indivdual guitly of actively trying to subvert the election is Trump himself attempting to find votes in Georgia.

Bottom line is we're dealing with a deeply disturbed narcassistic indvidual who cannot accept loss and failure.

I think its got everything to do with the way it unfolded on the night, in those key battleground states, particularly Pennsylvania, where, Trump was waaaaaay waaaaay ahead - hundreds of thousands in fact - and then they stopped counting - for what ever reason (pretty sure it was Pennsylvania, but correct me if I’m wrong) and then the following morning due to those mail in ballots, hey presto Biden is in front after a huge ‘behind the scenes’ vote dump, that wasn’t particularly transparent, in that it didn’t happen on live tv before their very eyes. Add in ‘big tech’ with their machines doing the count and a few pc programmers behind the scenes and you get huge cries of ‘cheating’

The icing on the cake was Trump’s speech at the end of the night. “ I was winning and they stopped the election”

lets face it, if you’re a suspicious person to begin with (or high on conspiracy theory) as most of these parler lot are, its not a good look for an election, when your horse is pipped at the post.

Finally, all this happened during a Covid epidemic, with Psychologists already telling us, that lockdown has been having an effect on everybody’s mental health. 

24 minutes ago, Red Shift said:

Yeah he got the Fascii that adorn the walls either side of the rostrum in the House - not sure if they’re the same ones used by Mussolini or not though....

...that was a joke btw

F358F68C-3D69-4C0B-8E68-A06CE6E5C8FB.png

Duce & Gabbana.

6 hours ago, Moo said:

Dunno but she has gone on to be a bit of an eco-warrior getting arrested once on an oil drilling protest.  She seems a decent lass.

And Xena pisses all over Hercules.

To be fair I think I'd let Xena piss all over me too. 

• Like 1

On 08/01/2021 at 01:40, Bjornebye said:

He was in favour of Vietnam mate 

To be fair to RP, Vietnam was particularly well marketed

that was a joke, Howie

• Upvote 1

On 08/01/2021 at 01:53, Gnasher said:

Agreed. Polls showed Bernie Sanders miles ahead of Trump in the election before last. The yanks had had enough of hawkish Clinton and Trump offered an alternative. If the Democrats had played fair and given Saunders his chance their would be no Trump presidency. As over here and as over France centre ground Democrats have a lot to answer for, they refuse to back their man and open the door to the extremist candidate. Anyone remotely left wing spooks them.

Even I felt The Bern. Tragic that. To be fair, he was and is, too fucking good for the whitehouse.

6 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

Lots of the ‘peaceful protesters’ are finding out that they are on no-fly lists with airlines and are stuck in DC. Sad. 

Luckily, with their penchant for fancy dress, they shouldn't be too difficult to round up.

Cherchez Le Loincloth.

A few respectable Tommy Hilfigers might slip through the net mind.

6 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

Lots of the ‘peaceful protesters’ are finding out that they are on no-fly lists with airlines and are stuck in DC. Sad. 

This, from earlier in the thread, is perfect-

root☿eruditorum.œrg on Twitter: ""You can't leave DC because the airlines  have dubbed you a flight risk...Your roommate at the only hotel that would  accept you is a guy named based_kekistani1488 who wants

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Nelly-Torres said:

Parler is dead, apparently. 

Free speech advocates will bemoan this. But, you can't just have a website where inciting murder is your average, run of the mill post. 

Murdered?

• Upvote 1