You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

US Election 2020 Thread

Bjornebye

18 minutes ago, Red Shift said:

Those shouted warnings are well towards the end of a 2 minute video.

What’s also fascinating, is that one of the rioters seems to actually be calming her down a minute or so beforehand, and she does calm down and (at least for a while) move away from the front ranks and take a break. At that point, it appears she had choice to stay back, but clearly didn’t.

She could have been on something. She seemed wired to fuck in the videos around the day. Probably just adrenaline and the bullshit ideas in her head.

1 minute ago, Gnasher said:

She could have been on something. She seemed wired to fuck in the videos around the day. Probably just adrenaline and the bullshit ideas in her head.

Yeah I wondered about that. On something. Or just a more anxious paranoid personality.

2 minutes ago, Chocoholic said:

Biden considered Sanders for one of the top Economic cabinet posts, but in discussions, they both agreed it was more important that he stay as a Senator, given the balance of numbers in the Senate.

Shame Starmer didnt use a similar conciliatory approach with Corbyn but that's for a different thread so I'll leave it there.

12 minutes ago, Red Shift said:

Its not a ‘game’. I’m studying the video for the first time. You don’t know me, and for your information I’m visually impaired. Seriously. Now you can crack one of your jokes, and type ‘you’re not kidding’ but I’m being serious. I’m blind in one eye , no 3D vision, and only partial sight in my good eye - I’m studying this video for the 1st time. I’m attempting to make sense of what happened there and then.

But you keep going with your jibes. Ive lost respect for you.

That’s not fair. How was anyone supposed to know? And to be fair, you made incorrect statements. 

13 minutes ago, Red Shift said:

Only what’s been available on the net - as in, amateur first hand video accounts.

The trolling part is most certainly a game.

Mate- there are countless examples of police video cams of this stuff. Tons have been used in courts of law.

If you need a place to start go to the Racism in America thread. You will see officers rolling up and 35 seconds later some bloke has been shot, no warning, no sign of weapons - and of course, not breaking into the Capitol in session.

Police aggression is a pretty big problem worldwide - you might have heard of George Floyd.

My comments to you have nothing to do with your eyesight - it is with your shite. Continuously uninformed far right rabbit hole trolling.

The answer to your question is an on duty, uniformed Capitol Police officer - his identity is protected, as are the vast majority of police shootings while they do an investigation. Every time any officer discharges their weapon there is one.

Keep your respect, you need it.

• Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Flynn, Flynn Jr, Sidney Powell and Ron Watkins have all been booted from Twitter, along with other right wing headbangers.

Dominion have also filed a defamation lawsuit against Powell.

So they'll miss tommows Everton game?

2 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

That’s not fair. How was anyone supposed to know? And to be fair, you made incorrect statements. 

I’m not in the habit of looking for sympathy, but I’m getting accused of a lot things that I am not. I’m trying, like everybody else, to make sense of the events of what has and continues to unfold.

2 hours ago, Bruce Spanner said:

They are not protestors, they have nothing to protest.

This can not be normalised.

If you protest against something, even if it is only in your head, you are a protestor. It has nothing to do with "normalizing". It is a word.

2 hours ago, TheHowieLama said:

At this point I am unsure of the point you are trying to make. They, and the rally organizers are one and the same. Trump re-tweeted organizers announcement (whose goals were made very clear), then spoke at the rally, then cheered from the sidelines.

No idea what "media" is available to you but it was minute by minute here on network.

As with protests throughout the world over the last few years "social media" is in real time, on the ground and picked up immediately for broadcast.

Point I am trying to make, which I thought was pretty obvious, is that the escalation of the protest with an attempt to break in came as a surprise, to most observers, as well as media.  You can see it in comments. The media available to me are BBC News, CNN, I was checking a couple of US network sI think I switched on C-SPAN later, all on Internet. Actually, there is such an overwhelming "body of evidence" in media and other reactions of shock and surprise with eventual scale and direction of the riot that it is annoying that I have to argue, no, not everyone knew exactly what was going to happen. 

2 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Do you not think storming the building was pre-planned? 

I think some of the groups knew they are going to try to storm the building, they probably did not know how far they would go. I don't think everyone involved in the protest knew. I don't think at the moment everything was arranged with the CPD. 

4 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

The trolling part is most certainly a game.

Mate- there are countless examples of police video cams of this stuff. Tons have been used in courts of law.

If you need a place to start go to the Racism in America thread. You will see officers rolling up and 35 seconds later some bloke has been shot, no warning, no sign of weapons - and of course, not breaking into the Capitol in session.

It is a pretty big problem worldwide - you might have heard of George Floyd.

My comments to you have nothing to do with your eyesight - it is with your shite. Continuously uninformed far right rabbit hole trolling.

The answer to your question is an on duty, uniformed Capitol Police officer - his identity is protected, as are the vast majority of police shootings while they do an investigation. Every time any officer discharges their weapon there is one.

Keep your respect, you need it.

I’m not even fucking far right. I’m 62 years old and never even held a gun in my whole fucking life. I was raised by hard working parents and brought up to look for the best everyone, and give of my best in all situations. 

Oh and thanks for answering my question.

6 minutes ago, Red Shift said:

I’m not even fucking far right. I’m 62 years old and never even held a gun in my whole fucking life. I was raised by hard working parents and brought up to look for the best everyone, and give of my best in all situations. 

For your first shooter I'd try an old fashioned colt 45. Stick a fucking hole right thru em.

22 minutes ago, Chocoholic said:

Biden considered Sanders for one of the top Economic cabinet posts, but in discussions, they both agreed it was more important that he stay as a Senator, given the balance of numbers in the Senate.

Speaking of Bernie, the man the Democrats should have nominated to smash Trump four years ago has spoken, and as usual his words carry weight..

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, SasaS said:

Point I am trying to make, which I thought was pretty obvious, is that the escalation of the protest with an attempt to break in came as a surprise, to most observers, as well as media. 

I will give you that, most observers would not expect that to be possible. And there is no doubt that Ron and Jenny who drove from Wisconsin in their Trump gear in a Winnebago did not come with the idea they would be throwing chairs through windows.

Babbitt did though - she is on camera saying so. My guess is everyone of the principal organizers did as well. 

What is not in doubt is that in the build up law enforcement were well aware of the possibility. Trumps own folks have said for a couple of years now white supremacist groups are by far the biggest threat to national security. The preparation and reaction by law enforcement was pre-determined, by the White House and was done for a reason.

1 minute ago, Gnasher said:

For your first shooter I'd try an old fashioned colt 45. Stick a fucking hole right thru em.

Unfortunately I’ve now given Howie another opportunity to put his fascist boot into me, because I just had a memory...I once fired an airgun at Blackpool lights, hit the bullseye and won a goldfish.

16 minutes ago, Red Shift said:

I’m not in the habit of looking for sympathy, but I’m getting accused of a lot things that I am not. I’m trying, like everybody else, to make sense of the events of what has and continues to unfold.

12 minutes ago, Red Shift said:

I’m not even fucking far right. 

Mate - with all due respect you should review some of the conspiracist shit you have been dribbling the last few months. There is no way anyone could come to any other conclusion.