Quantcast
US Election 2020 Thread - Page 209 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Bjornebye

US Election 2020 Thread

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, TheHowieLama said:

You didn't answer the question. Do you think this particular incident had anything in common with what could easily be termed as "every other cop shooting in the last 200 years?"

 

No, I get that this wasn't any type of normal situation, it doesn't and never will mean that I think her being shot like that was ok though.

 

I can't get my head around these conversations at times. I'm supposed to be a Trump supporter at one point, then the next I'm being lectured on why an unarmed civilian should've been shot. Are these two things supposed to go together properly? Because I'm not seeing it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Anubis said:

CNN have confirmed it.

 

Trump now up for murdering a cop?  That should add a bit of fuel.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So let me understand this correctly.

 

The Police should use rubber bullets against armed terrorists who storm the Capitol to stop a President being lawfully elected in what they say is a revolution?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

 

No, I get that this wasn't any type of normal situation, it doesn't and never will mean that I think her being shot like that was ok though.

 

I have no idea if you are a Trump supporter and tbh as I understand it you are not a US citizen so it doesn't really matter what you think about him, other than for shits and giggles, cuz you don't vote.

 

Are there any circumstances where deadly force by law enforcement is "ok" in your opinion?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Code said:

So let me understand this correctly.

 

The Police should use rubber bullets against armed terrorists who storm the Capitol to stop a President being lawfully elected in what they say is a revolution?

 

Makes for a nice tune:

 

 

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 3 Stacks said:

I'm partial to this Kayleigh girl because she's fit, but she does know her boss called the rioters "special" yesterday, right? Just said the complete opposite just now. Lack of communication there between the Press Secretary and Big Don. Hate to see that. 

Yeah defo fit. She’s also not afraid to stand up for what she believes in.

 

I think its important to distinguish between the riotous element and the protest group as a whole. Also, clearly from that presser, she was speaking on behalf of the whole Whitehouse. It’ll be a move to disentangle themselves from the mess in the Bunker. The Administration has no intention of taking the Joseph Goebbels cyanide capsules. Trump, right about now, will be totally alone. Everybody is jumping ship.

  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A police officer has died defending the democracy of the US government. Every person that illegally entered that building should be jailed for life and so should those that encouraged it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What's this shit about shooting in the leg or having batons etc. 

 

These are the security on the doors into a building containing the senate. 

 

If you are trying to force entry in to that part of the building with the senate in session you are getting shot. Who is to say they are not carrying a explosive device or concealing a weapon. Once you have gone that far and forced your way through that much security you are getting stopped. She was warned not to come further. 

 

And once it's got to that point and when you shoot you shoot centre mass, not for a arm or leg. Centre mass, stop them from being a danger to anyone. It's the only time you are supposed to shoot. You shoot in the arm or leg and they can fire back or press a detonater. 

 

I'd be saying the same thing if it was a black live rally. And had this been a BLM matter march the national guard would have been on the streets and they've have been gasses and battered before they got to the steps of the building, let alone trying to break into the halls. 

 

Wether she was armed or not is irrelevant when she was with a armed mob who had two fucking pipe bombs with them. 

 

The only people to blame for her death is herself and Trump and his gang of fuck wits who have pushed for this for fucking months. 

 

Sad that this ended in bloodshed but ffs if you forced yourself through the average front door in Florida or Texas you'd get fucking shot, why would you think you could force your way into a in session government building. If I ran through the security points outside of Westminster on my own I'd likely get shot, let alone do it as part of a mob. They are lucky its only one shot. 

 

Tasers are fucking useless anyway for that level of security. Fine for the average cop in a normal country without the crackpots being armed to the teeth thinking they are on a re-enactment of 1776 and kicking the fuck out of George IV

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

 

Are there any circumstances where deadly force by law enforcement is "ok" in your opinion?

I don't have time for half the politicans in this country or the US but if you don't think deadly force is necessary to keep them safe in their place of work you are fucking nuts. 

 

It's not like she was shot running up the steps, she was at the forefront of a armed fucking mob storming a building full of senators. If that was a black guy or native American March it would be the same fucking thing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

 

Tasers are fucking useless 

Rumours are one of the protestors who died of "medical emergency" accidentally tased himself and had a heart attack.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

the crackpots being armed to the teeth thinking they are on a re-enactment of 1776 and kicking the fuck out of George IV

 

These crackpots wouldn't have a clue about 1776 nor George IV.

At best, they'd think they were two brands of beer.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Code said:

So let me understand this correctly.

 

The Police should use rubber bullets against armed terrorists who storm the Capitol to stop a President being lawfully elected in what they say is a revolution?

 

Was Ashli Babbitt an armed terrorist? Do cops only have the ability of having a lethal weapon or can they maybe have more than one option at hand and change what they do depending on the situation?

 

6 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

I have no idea if you are a Trump supporter and tbh as I understand it you are not a US citizen so it doesn't really matter what you think about him, other than for shits and giggles, cuz you don't vote.

 

Are there any circumstances where deadly force by law enforcement is "ok" in your opinion?

 

Deadly force is never "ok" to me, but I can understand why it happens in some situations. It's obvious that if someone else is armed and cops genuinely think they're going to harm or kill someone else then I can see why they'd shoot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TheHowieLama said:

Rumours are one of the protestors who died of "medical emergency" accidentally tased himself and had a heart attack.

I'm talking about as the last line of security on the door. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

If you are trying to force entry in to that part of the building with the senate in session you are getting shot.

 

Like I said it's 2021, I think our levels of technological and scientific understanding should allow other methods to be used that result in less death. If you disagree that's fine, I'm not trying to change your views.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, skaro said:

 

These crackpots wouldn't have a clue about 1776 nor George IV.

At best, they'd think they were two brands of beer.

 

 

Come on now

We all know every American knows about single handily beating the whole British Army

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Lee909 said:

Come on now

We all know every American knows about single handily beating the whole British Army

 

Like an alarming number of people in the UK think Shakespeare was a Prime Minister?

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Another moron making the prosecution’s job easier.

 

 

 

 

 

"I'm beginning to think that Homer Simpson is not the brilliant tactician I thought he was..."

 

 

 

 

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

And your take is an armed mob storming the Capitol is not one of those situations.

 

I'm saying that as far as I know the woman that got shot and killed wasn't armed so she shouldn't have been shot and killed. I've said it several times now, does it have to be the main point of several pages of this thread?

 

Nobody is changing my view, only her being armed could do that so we're going nowhere with this unless we find out that she had a weapon in hand. That doesn't have to be a problem unless you and others can't accept me having that view for some odd reason. That an unarmed civilian shouldn't have been shot and killed.

 

I need to get some sleep soon anyway so we'll have to leave it around here I suppose.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

 

I need to get some sleep soon anyway so we'll have to leave it around here I suppose.

Yep -- get some rest.

And get to work on the book fella - video games are for kids, you know that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

 

Like I said it's 2021, I think our levels of technological and scientific understanding should allow other methods to be used that result in less death. If you disagree that's fine, I'm not trying to change your views.

Muslamic ray guns perhaps?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×