You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

US Election 2020 Thread

Bjornebye

4 minutes ago, skaro said:

If you want Trump lynched, I'm cool.

I'm just not sure what "example" it will set, or what future shite it will avoid.

But anyway.

It will stop this happening again, which has to be a good thing. You know, setting an example.

57 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

I don't reckon he could be arsed, talk of him doing some kind of Fox News rival but I don't see it, I don't think he's political, all he cares about is money and anything that enables him to make more money. He'll get a talk show or some kind of platform where he's the centre of attention. 

Wrong. Trump craves the fame before the fortune. His ego will always be bigger than his bank balance and fame comes before fortune. Before he became prez he needed to make as much money as possible to increase his standing, now he realises he'll never get more attention than with this job. The money is now secondary to him, which makes him even more dangerous.

9 minutes ago, Code said:

Jesus christ, the state of this.

Narrator: "but, in reality, Elizabeth most definitely DIDN'T storm the Capitol."

I still can't get over that Camp Auschwitz hoodie. How enabled must a person feel to think that that is now the norm and it's entirely acceptable to wear that in public? 

I just wear my one at home while watching the tele...(joke!)

16 minutes ago, skaro said:

If you want Trump lynched, I'm cool.

I'm just not sure what "example" it will set, or what future shite it will avoid.

But anyway.

The Munich Beer Hall Putsch comes to mind.

10 minutes ago, Brownie said:

It will stop this happening again, which has to be a good thing. You know, setting an example.

This.

29 minutes ago, Code said:

Jesus christ, the state of this.

That’s superb.

It’s a revolution and I wanted to storm the capital but the nasty cops pepper-sprayed me. It’s not fair. I thought revolutions would have like picnics and dancing animals. I didn’t expect them to fight back.

• Upvote 2

I thought the concern the other week was that Trump would step down and that Pence could then pardon him. The same people who were concerned about Trump stepping down and Pence replacing him are now calling for Pence to replace Trump via the 25th Amendment. 

I understand that yesterday changed a lot of peoples minds and a line was crossed, but could this be the outcome Trump always wanted ? Or am I giving too much credit to the orange nutcase thinking he actually has a plan ?

EDIT: It may well be Brexit syndrome, where the "sensible" people voted against Mays deal, in order to get a better deal, whilst the nutjobs voted against it, and they got a worse deal, which is what they always wanted.

Can't see the 25th amendment getting anywhere even if they did try and use it. Think he's there until the 20th.

What to do with Trump after he goes is a very difficult question. I know it's easy to say throw the book at him, charge him with sedition etc... but it really could have catastrophic consequences so you have to weigh things up carefully.

No one knows how things will play out with him once he's not president. Will the overwhelming support for his actions he currently gets from Republicans start to fade or will it hold? I'd imagine ten years after the end of WWII a lot of Germans who fully backed the Third Reich either renounced their views or just pretended they didn't hold them at all, similarly in ten years time Republicans could gloss over the Trump era and pretend they didn't support him or he (not him personally as he'll be dead) could have just as firm a grip through his family consolidating control of the party. President Don Jr anyone?

It's pretty scary the amount of support he currently holds from Republicans. And it's not all crazies either, there will be a similar percentage of support in Republicans in the armed services, police forces etc... I seen something on Twitter before identifying one of the people who stormed the Capitol and he was a graduate from an Ivy League college who works for a securities firm. This is a lot more embedded and widespread than some people realise.

I can see the arguments for making an example of him to try and lessen the chance a President will act like this again. The worry is that the next person with tendencies like Trump isn't an openly full blown Psychopath and is a slicker operator who can succeed where Trump failed.

On balance though, I think going for him on Sedition, inciting violence, anything like that is too big a risk to take. I'd go the Al Capone route and get SDNY to nail him on his taxes and whatever else they're looking at which would cause a lot less controversy and simultaneously take down some of the people close to him where it won't create as much fuss, such as Kushner and the like. Also, cut off his reach as much as possible. If he wants to rant and rave on Parler and Fox News then there isn't much anyone can do about that, but he's preaching to the converted there. There is absolutely no reason though to give him a platform on Twitter, Facebook and YouTube. Get him fucked off.

Thanks to my Twitter feed I saw that video of that women shot dead by authorities earlier.

Seeing it I had an overwhelming feeling of sadness, seeing someone allowing themselves to be killed over Donald Fucking Trump - of all people.

A whole life extinguished over that absolute cunt who will be happy, no doubt, the riots happened and will barely think twice about the people who were killed. 

Such a fucked up day. 

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, Mudface said:

I guess so, unless he's tired of nobbing her by now.

I asked this a while back and I might not get the chance again so I'll ask now (And I'm sorry to derail the thread but...)

Would you rather shag Ivanka or Melania ? 

ad5cf37bd698e8b54406d831494fc416.jpg Melania-Trump1.jpg

Melania for me. For a host of reasons. 

One is Trump DNA and the other just has it running down her inside leg, so Melania on a technicality, though, not gonna lie, I do find Ivanka sexy in that joyless sex doll type way. She'd do anything, but feel nothing, all about the image she gives off.

'Oh, you're sticking a pinapple up my arse, that must be nice for you, continue'

• Upvote 2