You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

US Election 2020 Thread

Bjornebye

2 minutes ago, skaro said:

But he/they/Trump lost.

An example of?  

Warning future presidents against what?

Being cunts?

Inciting violence is against the law. Letting the President get away with it makes a mockery of their law.

They are supposed to be big on law, order and their constitution.

3 minutes ago, Brownie said:

Inciting violence is against the law. Letting the President get away with it makes a mockery of their law.

Wasn’t he writing a book at one point?  If it’s him that was about 10 years ago and the signs were clear.  If it wasn’t the signs were still clear.  

Edit: it was him.  

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Brownie said:

Yes they are supposed to be.

But they never ever actually have been.

Internationally especially, they have dressed up suppression and subversion and oil greed as "law and order".

Never giving a fuck about their own citizens or others.

An example of?

Don't make me laugh.

1 minute ago, Gnasher said:

Hmm, if you say so. Four dead now. 

I don't know the circumstances of the other three, but if you're part of an armed mob that storms a government building - forcing said government to be evacuated - and get shot by an armed guard in the process, I'd say that's just about one of the stupidest things you can fucking do. 

Just now, Section_31 said:

I don't know the circumstances of the other three, but if you're part of an armed mob that storms a government building - forcing said government to be evacuated - and get shot by an armed guard in the process, I'd say that's just about one of the stupidest things you can fucking do. 

That dead woman should just be grateful she wasn’t part of a far-left mob. 

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

I'm hoping this is all just 'becks' talk anyway. 

I doubt it, I've lost educated and otherwise intelligent mates to this peterson/manosphere/4chan/right-wing conspiracy/Sky news australia crap. If someone with a PhD in the hard sciences can be sucked in by this shit pretty much anyone can. There's usually no saving them once they've gone far down the rabbit hole.

39 minutes ago, Brownie said:

If you bow down to that then you’re letting them win.

He needs to be made an example of.

The problem with that is approx 70 million people voted for Trump and a small in percentage terms but very large in numbers are deranged and armed. It wouldn't take a lot for America to go up in smoke.

6 minutes ago, Herp McDerp said:

I doubt it, I've lost educated and otherwise intelligent mates to this peterson/manosphere/4chan/right-wing conspiracy/Sky news australia crap. If someone with a PhD in the hard sciences can be sucked in by this shit pretty much anyone can. There's usually no saving them once they've gone far down the rabbit hole.

A PhD/Degree whatever isn't proof of not being a stupid bastard. It just demonstrates a slightly higher attention span than the average. 

9 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

I think the other three were heart attacks although I'm not certain. 

9 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

That dead woman should just be grateful she wasn’t part of a far-left mob. 

I see he ex-husband has said “she was an ardent Trump supporter but was a selfless person who had a good heart”

I think he’ll find it’s impossible to be both 

14 minutes ago, skaro said:

Yes they are supposed to be.

But they never ever actually have been.

Internationally especially, they have dressed up suppression and subversion and oil greed as "law and order".

Never giving a fuck about their own citizens or others.

An example of?

Don't make me laugh.

So you think it’s fine to just leave him alone?

9 minutes ago, Herp McDerp said:

What do you mean by 'hard science'? I know loads of engineers and they're the exactly the sort of people who are prone to extremism in spite of their education and intellect. This seems to be the case in numerous academic studies.

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/www.washingtonpost.com/news/monkey-cage/wp/2015/11/17/this-is-the-group-thats-surprisingly-prone-to-violent-extremism/%3foutputType=amp

11 minutes ago, Brownie said:

So you think it’s fine to just leave him alone?

... to move on, consigning him to the has-been basket?  Yes.

Preferable to giving him extra PR, and ammunition, and fire-flaming he doesn't deserve.

As for his 77m acolytes... they might be more of a problem.

Do you reckon they'll go away, be scared off, if he's "brought to justice", made an example of?

1 hour ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Not as easy as that.

Polling shows around half of Republican voters believe in some of this shite, 30/40% of Independant and 15/20% of Democrats!

It's batshit, but there needs to be a very line fine walked here or there could be carnage.

Something has gone very fucking wrong in America and it's very delibrate and knowing.

All of this , but also in a procedural sense, a guy on CNN has just pointed out that it is a very difficult, bureaucratic process , can be subject to appeals at various levels up to the Supreme Court, and has never been used and tested before, so almost impossible in the time frame.

• Upvote 1