You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

US Election 2020 Thread

Bjornebye

10 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

I didn't bother reading anything after that.

This did not happen and there is no evidence to support this, hench no legitimate recourse to protest.

This was not a protest by any measure, it was doped idiots who have been weaponized to fulfil some adolescent fever dream for a fake billionaire, sociopathic game show host and his friends and sponsors, nothing else.

You'd be a shite investigator mate. 'They believed' is the problem. They may be out of their minds, but the man they voted for and who is currently President of the United States is telling them directly that the election was rigged. I wonder how they might have got it into their minds that it was rigged, hmmmmm dunno.

Trump has blood on his hands today, four people dead. he was whipped up a crowd and kept this fantasy alive that the vote was rigged. How he escapes impeachment I don't know. 

I DO NOT believe it was rigged, just in case you got this far. 

5 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

I didn't say it did. I said they believed it, not the same thing.

Doesn’t matter what the fucking idiots have been told to believe, or are too stupid to see through.

Yesterday has no justification and was not legitimate in and fucking shape or form and is the real and dangerous manifestation of what I spoke about above.

I think you need to step back a little, you’re starting to use ‘their’ language and fuzzy logic, give the internet a break for a while. 

1 minute ago, _______________ said:

You'd be a shite investigator mate. 'They believed' is the problem. They may be out of their minds, but the man they voted for and who is currently President of the United States is telling them directly that the election was rigged. I wonder how they might have got it into their minds that it was rigged, hmmmmm dunno.

Trump has blood on his hands today, four people dead. he was whipped up a crowd and kept this fantasy alive that the vote was rigged. How he escapes impeachment I don't know. 

Perhaps read the previous posts before jumping in where I make this exact same points...

6 hours ago, Red Phoenix said:

Sorry I must have missed the part where a load of the left stormed the capitol back then.

Right, so we wouldn't react the same way if that thing that wouldn't happen happened, even though there's been a much clearer example of a time where it happening would actually be much more justified, but it didn't happen.

Because it wouldn't happen.

But if it did, we'd probably celebrate it. Even though you have no evidence to say that, because it hasn't, and wouldn't, happen.

Brilliant.

• Upvote 3

20 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

They believed their president had the election stolen from him, they ended up storming the capitol. Left after a few hours so that twats could get on with their business. I don't have to agree with their views at all. I can still think it's wrong that one of them got shot and killed and nobody here is changing my view on that, not gonna happen sorry.

They got into a building they weren't supposed to be in! It's the US gov, I couldn't give a fuck. They've heaped misery on people in the US and around the world for a long time, they had a break for a few hours I'm sure they'll get over it, once they've stopped milking it for all it's worth.

The sacred US institutions! Whether it's left, centrist or right that got in there I see people getting into the US govs main buildings to protest mainly. Not left or center or right, but people. People that've had their lives fucked over by many of those inside that had to take a short break. Sorry for not being partisan enough. I don't have to agree on the politics to understand to some extent how much they've been screwed over by the idiots inside that had to take a short break, even if their president can be included with those idiots.

And yeah the FBI find pipe bombs, so it has to 100% be accepted that they definitely weren't planted there at all so that this could be classed as domestic terrorism and that there's zero chance it was one of the classic FBI plots that later turned out to have had FBI involvement in the first place. I'll keep a bit of doubt on that I think.

If BLM/Antifa storm US gov buildings for a few hours fair enough. If centrists storm US gov buildings for a few hours fair enough. If Trump supporters storm US gov buildings for a few hours fair enough.

Because that's exactly what they did, they stormed the place for a few hours then it was over. No coup, no major terrorist act, fuck all of the related bullshit that comes from the shithouse media I'm not buying a bit of it.

Loud ignorance is no substitute for knowledge. You're an idiot.

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, _______________ said:

6 minutes ago, skaro said:

A US President with blood on his hands?

And all this time we'd been led to believe that Trump was different from the others.

Well they all have blood on their hands, I get it. But purely on the scenes yesterday he is responsible for the deaths of those four people. It's something he should be impeached for.

We can discuss the many other deaths that US Presidents have been responsible for another time maybe. 

5 minutes ago, _______________ said:

Well they all have blood on their hands, I get it. But purely on the scenes yesterday he is responsible for the deaths of those four people. We can discuss the many other deaths that US Presidents have been responsible for another time maybe.

No, I think it's useful to bear it in mind all the time, given the shit we've been peddled over the last 120 years.

It aids vaguely impartial discussion and analysis, difficult as it is for any of us.

8 minutes ago, skaro said:

No, I think it's useful to bear it in mind all the time, given the shit we've peddled over the last 120 years.

It aids impartial discussion and analysis, difficult as it is for any of us.

I think it derails the current discussion a little, i.e. fantasist with power urges crowd to situation where four of them are killed v state sponsored murder. 

48 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Doesn’t matter what the fucking idiots have been told to believe, or are too stupid to see through.

Yesterday has no justification and was not legitimate in and fucking shape or form and is the real and dangerous manifestation of what I spoke about above.

I think you need to step back a little, you’re starting to use ‘their’ language and fuzzy logic, give the internet a break for a while. 

It's just not legitimate because it's right wingers. If it was centrist/left it'd be fine mostly.

43 minutes ago, Pidge said:

Right, so we wouldn't react the same way if that thing that wouldn't happen happened, even though there's been a much clearer example of a time where it happening would actually be much more justified, but it didn't happen.

Because it wouldn't happen.

But if it did, we'd probably celebrate it. Even though you have no evidence to say that, because it hasn't, and wouldn't, happen.

Brilliant.

Same reply really. If a sitting Dem president convinced millions of his/her supporters that the election was being stolen and just before he/she was about to leave, supporters took over the capitol for a few hours to protest, many would celebrate. Things would soon turn sour though when it was found out that someone had been shot.

Then the blame would probably be on the authorities behind the shooting and not the president.

It's not about trying to side with Trump or his supporters, just trying to understand it a little more and see it more for what it actually was instead of the facsist coup(tm) that we'll read about for the time being.

And yeah, at least people would actually care more about the person that got shot I suppose if it was the other way around. I'm sure the members of gov were safe and that gun didn't need to go off. I'm not really with "it wouldn't happen", all it takes is for a mental president on the Dem side riling up supporters to try and cling onto power. I'm sure that before Trump got in there was a whole load of things that "wouldn't happen", but that have done over the last four years.

40 minutes ago, Karl_b said:

Loud ignorance is no substitute for knowledge. You're an idiot.

Yeah it's "loud ignorance" to think that the Trump supporter getting shot was the worst thing that happened, to see people sick of their corrupt gov instead of left, right or center, even if they have been duped by their leader. To be wary of the FBI finding pipe bombs when they have a history of having being involved in the plots they uncover.

I look forward to seeing equal concern next time the US gov arranges an actual coup in some other country instead of some Trump supporters spending a few hours in government buildings with no actual coup attempt having taken place at all.

4 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

The cunts made a statement and still comes out with the same narcissistic drivel. One absolute cunt. 

Yep- https://edition.cnn.com/2021/01/07/politics/trump-biden-us-capitol-electoral-college-insurrection/index.html

Orderly transition, my arse.

Trump pledges orderly transition after Congress affirms Biden's win and Capitol riot

(CNN)President Donald Trump publicly acknowledged that he would leave office on January 20 for the first time Thursday, pledging an orderly transfer of power after Congress affirmed President-elect Joe Biden's Electoral College win.

"Even though I totally disagree with the outcome of the election, and the facts bear me out, nevertheless there will be an orderly transition on January 20th," Trump said in the statement, repeating false claims he has made throughout the last two months. "I have always said we would continue our fight to ensure that only legal votes were counted. While this represents the end of the greatest first term in presidential history, it's only the beginning of our fight to Make America Great Again."
Trump, who has refused to concede the election, had on Wednesday egged on supporters who would later storm the US Capitol in an attempt to stop lawmakers from counting the electoral votes. The riot left four people dead -- one woman was shot and three others had medical emergencies, according to police -- and left some in Trump's Cabinet holding preliminary talks about invoking the 25th Amendment to remove him from office, according to a well-placed GOP source.

4 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

It's just not legitimate because it's right wingers. If it was the left it'd be fine mostly.

Same reply really. If a sitting Dem president convinced millions of his/her supporters that the election was being stolen and just before he/she was about to leave, supporters took over the capitol for a few hours to protest, many would celebrate. Things would soon turn sour though when it was found out that someone had been shot.

Then the blame would probably be on the authorities behind the shooting and not the president.

It's not about trying to side with Trump or his supporters, just trying to understand it a little more and see it more for what it actually was instead of the facsist coup(tm) that we'll read about for the time being.

And yeah, at least people would actually care more about the person that got shot I suppose if it was the other way around. I'm sure the members of gov were safe and that gun didn't need to go off. I'm not really with "it wouldn't happen", all it takes is for a mental president on the Dem side riling up supporters to try and cling onto power. I'm sure that before Trump got in there was a whole load of things that "wouldn't happen", but that have done over the last four years.

Yeah it's "loud ignorance" to think that the Trump supporter getting shot was the worst thing that happened, to see people sick of their corrupt gov instead of left, right or center, even if they have been duped by their leader. To be wary of the FBI finding pipe bombs when they have a history of having being involved in the plots they uncover.

I look forward to seeing equal concern next time the US gov arranges an actual coup in some other country instead of some Trump supporters spending a few hours in government buildings with no actual coup attempt having taken place at all.

Whataboutery.

Stop using strawman arguments and false equivalnace to defend the indefensible.

It really isn't a good look and makes you come across as a stooge, or a patsy.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

It's just not legitimate because it's right wingers. If it was centrist/left it'd be fine mostly.

Did you get any decent memorabilia mate? 

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

Its all 'whataboutery' and conspiracy though isn't it. The facts and evidence (and human decency) do not support what happened yesterday. Pretending to "understand" why they did this is just a pretence to defending it and you're having to make Illogical leaps to create hypotheticals to defend that stance.

A sitting Dem didn't do this, Trump did. You're defending the indefensible, but I don't know why I'm surprised. Thank goodness they didn't elect Clinton, eh? 

You have been, and continue to be, sucked in by an alternative narrative in which this is justifiable. Wake the fuck up.

• Upvote 3