You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

US Election 2020 Thread

Bjornebye

6 minutes ago, cloggypop said:

His hair dye is neither rational nor calm.

Well that plus the fact that lawyers who actually do know something about legal and illegal election procedure literally exploded in laughter at this might make MOST people think twice. Or you could just refer to the Judge's rebuttal.

You know, the Republican judge.

What do you reckon is the over/under on the number of utterly corrupt pardons between now and Jan 20?

I'd put it at about 50. I expect to see a few trickling out here and there and then a whole pile of them the day before his presidency is over. Every Middle Eastern kingpin's son or Russian oligarch connection who's charged with insider trading or bribery in the whole federal system will be pardoned.

"Nevertheless, in the best interest of our Country" could about as good as we're going to get for him conceding. Let's hope that with so much of the US population now more awake to what their gov is like enough of them keep watching to see what Biden does. If they do maybe more of them will start realising just how bad it actually is, whether it's Dem or Rep, and push for some genuine change. Eight years of Obama led to Trump, I don't want to imagine what eight years of Biden could lead to if he isn't held to account well enough.

7 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

"Nevertheless, in the best interest of our Country" could about as good as we're going to get for him conceding. Let's hope that with so much of the US population now more awake to what their gov is like enough of them keep watching to see what Biden does. If they do maybe more of them will start realising just how bad it actually is, whether it's Dem or Rep, and push for some genuine change. Eight years of Obama led to Trump, I don't want to imagine what eight years of Biden could lead to if he isn't held to account well enough.

Good points. Trump’s successes resonated with half the continent. Possibly more, if election fraud is proven. 

Ultimately the issue is the global generational indoctrination into poor establishment values. There can be no real accelerated change because of it, even though it’s needed badly. On top of that, Big Media’s values completely undermine all good efforts to truly progress global societies. Don’t get me started on the Social Media Barons, who are drunk on power. Power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely.

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, Ne Moe Imya said:

What do you reckon is the over/under on the number of utterly corrupt pardons between now and Jan 20?

I'd put it at about 50. I expect to see a few trickling out here and there and then a whole pile of them the day before his presidency is over. Every Middle Eastern kingpin's son or Russian oligarch connection who's charged with insider trading or bribery in the whole federal system will be pardoned.

Perhaps he'll pardon Saddam and Bin Laden, posthumously.

16 minutes ago, Red Shift said:

Define Basic stuff.

It is in here pal -

https://www.cnn.com/2020/11/21/politics/pennsylvania-trump-lawsuit-dismissal/index.html

which is available anywhere on the interwebz - you can start about 10 pages in - or read the whole thing if you are truly interested. I have come to accept you are not. And I call bullshit on you being involved in any way shape or form in any election, much less one in Aorta - or wherever the fuck you say you are.

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

Eight years of Obama led to Trump, I don't want to imagine what eight years of Biden could lead to if he isn't held to account well enough.

Well, the next 4 years they can blame on Trump (and jail him or send him to the chair or perhaps to Guantanamo Bay)... so that will give them 8 years for sure.

That's plenty of time to save The States, and the world.

1 hour ago, TheHowieLama said:

It is in here pal -

https://www.cnn.com/2020/11/21/politics/pennsylvania-trump-lawsuit-dismissal/index.html

which is available anywhere on the interwebz - you can start about 10 pages in - or read the whole thing if you are truly interested. I have come to accept you are not. And I call bullshit on you being involved in any way shape or form in any election, much less one in Aorta - or wherever the fuck you say you are.

I will look at your link.

In the mean time, for arguments sake, I’ll call the place I live New Zealand, so that you are in no doubt where I am (assuming you give me the benefit of the doubt that I am not lying about where I am.)

I’m not going to put personal information up on the web, to prove my employment history on NZ Election 2020. Not happening. Privacy is far more important to me than proving anything to you. You can call bullshit as much as you like, but one of the reasons Ive taken an interest in the US Election, is to gauge the differences in the electoral systems between the two countries.

We have an ‘old school’ hand count of every single vote with checks and balances, and, more importantly, impeccable tabulating of the count that is extremely difficult, if not impossible to rig. I suspect strongly that the same standards are not in place in the States. The whole concept of open scrutineering is a bedrock of our system, but apparently not in certain states in the US. That alone would have been a breach of legality in our election. On top of that, I have personally issued and sorted postal ballots (known as ‘Specials’ here) and entered the incoming ballot declarations into a central database.

Special votes in NZ are a complicated affair, and the training, unfortunately, on this last election, was sub standard. Considering it was an open budget election, I’m pretty shocked at some of the incompetence of officers issuing Special Votes. They didn’t get adequate training. The effect of this, was to slow the result process considerably.

summary of the special vote:

There are 3 parts to the special vote - the declaration, the ballot paper & the envelope. The envelope is sealed by the voter after the declaration is fiiled out and signed and ballot paper marked in private. 

All three parts have to match up to a single person, the voter, according to the electoral role. ANY anomaly, and they are put aside for consideration by the district Returning Officer on a case by case basis.

what appears to be going on in certain states over in the US, is much a slacker postal vote system. I could be wrong - I admit that - but I’m not clouded by the politics of personality, or any media agenda. The issue here is being able to get to the facts of exactly what occured, if anything. Unfortunately, another problem the US has, is a politically motivated justice system. 

The truth may never be known.

3 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Its not an attack on voting rights. Its an attack on fraudulent voting rights. There shouldn’t be any.

I didn’t write the American Constitution, haha, but, if voters become disenfranchised, it is because there are doubts over the tally of legal votes. That can only happen in a slack system.

The problem with the postals, is that they will have already destroyed the envelopes and or declarations, so a second count can’t be done, so they have to go to some fancy Legislature vote, instead of keeping it simple.

KEEP THE VOTE IN TACT AND RECOUNT TRANSPARENTLY AS REQUIRED.

Its not fecking rocket science. Why do yanks make everything so complicated?