You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

US Election 2020 Thread

Bjornebye

2 minutes ago, Aw Geez said:

If the Dems had a competent 60 year old they'd have whitewashed this election. 

78, jeeeeesus. Could be fucking 86 when leaving office (theoretically at least).

If that is the case at that time he will be younger than about a half dozen Senators are now - 1.5 years older than McConnell is now.

8 hours ago, Brownie said:

Without social media, you lads wouldn’t be having this discussion.

Without the news we wouldn't be having this discussion. Social media merely complements it.

The problem with social media is that it's inherently addictive. And is designed to be. For folks with mental health issues - which is the majority of us because we're all human - it exacerbates their character defects.

I include forums in that. You see it on here every day. So in that sense you are correct.

14 hours ago, Section_31 said:

I've high hopes this vaccine stuff will help thin out the herd though, as all the retards won't have it

You’re not allowed to use that word. Only we’re allowed to use it. 

That Alan Jones bloke that Red Shift keeps linking to is my new favourite nutter, other than Red Shift himself of course. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Captain Turdseye said:

You’re not allowed to use that word. Only we’re allowed to use it. 

That Alan Jones bloke that Red Shift keeps linking to is my new favourite nutter, other than Red Shift himself of course. 

Dear god, has he been linking Jonesy now? I'm guessing it's only a matter of time before you lot get introduced to the other gaggle of fucknuggets in Rupert's employ down here. Can't wait for him to inflict some Bolt and Credlin upon you.

42 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

Totally normal behaviour 

Greene seems to be a female Alex

Jones (not the One Show one) 

She's obviously wrong to say she married her brother when she can't prove it but I've looked at that a few times now and it's been confusing. Even her local paper has never really worked out what was going on, as can be seen here and Omar has never really explained in detail what happened I don't think : https://www.startribune.com/new-documents-revisit-questions-about-rep-ilhan-omar-s-marriage/511681362/

I think she's great personally but it sucks that she hasn't managed to clear all that up. Even checking snopes they have the claim listed as unproven because they can't state it's false : https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/ilhan-omar-marry-brother/

Snopes (which I don't even like, but whatever) does say this though :

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) policies qualify immigrants as eligible to apply for permanent residency status (and later become naturalized citizens) if they are the “spouse of a U.S. citizen” or the “brother or sister of a U.S. citizen.” Why would Omar commit a federal crime and risk a prison sentence (and possibly her own citizenship status) in order to provide her brother with the opportunity to apply for something he would already have been eligible to seek?

So maybe she can explain it all if she wants to but there's some details about her past that she'd rather keep private and explaining it would mean going into that area. If so it means that right wingers can carry on raving about it as if it's true and Omar just has to try and leave them to it.

• Downvote 4

4 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

She's obviously wrong to say she married her brother when she can't prove it but I've looked at that a few times now and it's been confusing. Even her local paper has never really worked out what was going on, as can be seen here and Omar has never really explained in detail what happened I don't think : https://www.startribune.com/new-documents-revisit-questions-about-rep-ilhan-omar-s-marriage/511681362/

I think she's great personally but it sucks that she hasn't managed to clear all that up. Even checking snopes they have the claim listed as unproven because they can't state it's false : https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/ilhan-omar-marry-brother/

Snopes does say this though :

So maybe she can explain it all if she wants to but there's some details about her past that she'd rather keep private and explaining it would mean going into that area. If so it means that right wingers can carry on raving about it as if it's true and Omar just has to try and leave them to it.

Anyone who says "don't even get me started on the country you come from" is 100% Trumper stereotype racist loon cult cunt and has lost the benefit of the doubt.

4 hours ago, Herp McDerp said:

Dear god, has he been linking Jonesy now? I'm guessing it's only a matter of time before you lot get introduced to the other gaggle of fucknuggets in Rupert's employ down here. Can't wait for him to inflict some Bolt and Credlin upon you.

Or better still, the ABC.

5 minutes ago, Aw Geez said:

Anyone who says "don't even get me started on the country you come from" is 100% Trumper stereotype racist loon cult cunt and has lost the benefit of the doubt.

Yeah she probably is I'm not denying that, and thanks for the neg too Rico. All I was trying to do was explain a bit about why that issue has been going on so long. Clearly a lot of it or most of it is down to racist fuckwits too.

As I said I like her and I've also been angry and sickened at what some of those bastards have done to her since she was elected. I originally looked at it because I wanted to find out why it was bullshit though then I found all of the other stuff. It's not some attempt to try and back the idiots up, I'd rather Omar could just prove it was wrong to shut the cunts up.

• Downvote 1

9 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

Snopes (which I don't even like, but whatever) does say this though :

Maybe it’s no one else’s fucking business unless they can prove shes done something wrong. 

Its scary how easily some people are

manipulated.  They’ve got you on the end of a string. 

1 minute ago, Rico1304 said:

Maybe it’s no one else’s fucking business unless they can prove shes done something wrong. 

Its scary how easily some people are

manipulated.  They’ve got you on the end of a string. 

I don't believe she married her brother, I just said the whole thing is confusing. And that confusion means that right wing fucktards end up going on about it regularly. They don't have me on the end of a string because I don't believe it.

Like I said in my previous post that you might have missed : I originally looked at it because I wanted to find out why it was bullshit then I found all of the other stuff. It's not some attempt to try and back the idiots up, I'd rather Omar could just prove it was wrong to shut the cunts up.

Just now, Red Phoenix said:

I don't believe she married her brother, I just said the whole thing is confusing. And that confusion means that right wing fucktards end up going on about it regularly. They don't have me on the end of a string because I don't believe it.

Like I said in my previous post that you might have missed : I originally looked at it because I wanted to find out why it was bullshit then I found all of the other stuff. It's not some attempt to try and back the idiots up, I'd rather Omar could just prove it was wrong to shut the cunts up.

But that’s the playbook.  Once she responds to one claim she has to respond to them all or they play it as a ‘gotcha’ 

‘You married your brother’ - no I didn’t, here’s the evidence

’You cheated on your exams’ - no I didn’t here’s the evidence

‘You kidnapped babies and drank their blood’ -

this is getting ridiculous now. I’m not commenting. ‘See, she can’t deny that one, she kills babies!’

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

But that’s the playbook.  Once she responds to one claim she has to respond to them all or they play it as a ‘gotcha’ 

‘You married your brother’ - no I didn’t, here’s the evidence

’You cheated on your exams’ - no I didn’t here’s the evidence

‘You kidnapped babies and drank their blood’ -

this is getting ridiculous now. I’m not commenting. ‘See, she can’t deny that one, she kills babies!’

Well as the claims get more stupid the less it matters. When you're dealing with Trump's supporters though it's never going to be easy, accepted.

4 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

Well as the claims get more stupid the less it matters. When you're dealing with Trump's supporters though it's never going to be easy, accepted.

No it doesn’t!  There are millions of people who believed pizzagate and qanon and they are as batshit as you can possibly get. 

• Upvote 1

Looks like Strike Force One, or whatever they are called, will be busy. 

Today, the NAACP Legal Defense and Educational Fund, Inc. (LDF), a non-partisan civil and human rights organization, filed a complaint on behalf of the Michigan Welfare Rights Organization and three Detroit residents in a lawsuit challenging President Trump and the Trump Campaign’s ongoing efforts to overturn the results of the 2020 presidential election by disenfranchising Black voters in Michigan.

The lawsuit claims that both the president and his campaign are in violation of the Voting Rights Act of 1965. Exerting pressure on state and local officials not to count or certify voters is prohibited by Section 11(b) because it involves conduct that “intimidate, threaten, or coerce, or attempt to intimidate, threaten, or coerce” people involved in “aiding any person to vote or attempt to vote.” Under the Voting Rights Act, voting is specifically defined to include “all action necessary to make a vote effective in any … election, including, but not limited to … having such ballot counted properly and included in the appropriate totals of votes cast with respect to candidates for public or party office and propositions for which votes are received in an election.”

“For two weeks, the president and his campaign have been spreading misinformation and making baseless accusations of voting irregularities in cities with large concentrations of Black voters who participated in record numbers in this election,” said Sherrilyn Ifill, LDF’s President and Director-Counsel. “These allegations have been consistently debunked and the campaign’s litigation attempts turned away by courts in several states. The president’s use of dog whistles to suggest the illegitimacy of votes cast by Black voters in Detroit, Philadelphia, Milwaukee, and Atlanta are an appeal to a dangerous and corrosive racialized narrative of voter fraud.

“Equally alarming have been the president’s attempts to pressure state and local officials in Michigan – first with a demand that votes in Detroit not be counted and now, more recently, urging officials to refuse to certify votes from Wayne County. The right of Black voters to participate in the political process and elect candidates of their choice is protected by the Voting Rights Act of 1965. That legislation protects against efforts to intimidate or coerce officials to disenfranchise Black voters.

“Our action seeks to protect the integrity of the votes cast by Black voters in Detroit from the president’s attempts to overturn the will of voters expressed at the ballot box.”

Read the full complaint here.