You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

US Election 2020 Thread

Bjornebye

8 hours ago, Dougie Do'ins said:

There's a video doing the rounds of the it but I'm not sure how old it is. Don't know why people are getting so upset about it.

Him and Harris are not supposed to be big fans of Johnson and the Tories or Brexit either.

I fucking hate Brexit and I'm glad trump is out, but frankly Brexit is not Americas business unless we break international treaties. The only time it makes a difference is if they have to come to the table to make a trade deal. But they don't have to and if they don't, that's ok. The Brexit cunts in this country who think it's all nimps will be to blame for that. But any commentary on Brexit from Biden, same as that orange twat before him, isn't welcome at all as far as I'm concerned. 

• Upvote 1

The Four Seasons stuff is hilarious. I prefer the theory that Trump went early with a tweet saying it was at the FS. Then his people tried to cover it by booking something with the same name after the hotel actually dumped them. 

• Upvote 2

I think Biden will certainly be better for Americans domestically, and possibly put the reigns on the Tories regarding trade deals. However, Trump’s one positive point was his unwillingness to start any military ventures on foreign soil - the nearest he got was the strike on Qasem Soleimani which was limited - whereas I’d be more weary of Biden in that regard.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Jennings said:

The Four Seasons stuff is hilarious. I prefer the theory that Trump went early with a tweet saying it was at the FS. Then his people tried to cover it by booking something with the same name after the hotel actually dumped them. 

Sacha Baron Cohen must have thought he had the best comedy Giuliani scene of the year, only to be outdone by a small landscaping conpany.

8 minutes ago, Anubis said:

I think Biden will certainly be better for Americans domestically, and possibly put the reigns on the Tories regarding trade deals. However, Trump’s one positive point was his unwillingness to start any military ventures on foreign soil - the nearest he got was the strike on Qasem Soleimani which was limited - whereas I’d be more weary of Biden in that regard.

I don't think there's really an appetite for war at the minute. But Trump has enabled the likes of North Korea to build upon their ballistic missile and nuclear capabilities so there's no guarantee that something might not kick off at some point. Global downturns do have a tendency for shit to happen a bit down the line.

2 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

I think it was discussed yesterday. I think the older fellas here (me included), would certainly enjoy improving US British relations. 

I’m also hoping it both explicitly and implicitly increases pressure/shines a renewed spotlight on the walking afterbirth in Downing Street.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Anubis said:

Yeah agreed. The benefit of Trump being beholden/enamoured of Putin. All the Russian client states were off limits, rather than the first in line.