You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

US Election 2020 Thread

Bjornebye

2 hours ago, Em City said:

No, it doesn't. They were there to stop the certification of the Electoral College and a few officials got killed in the process. It was an attempted coup, regardless of the coherency of the planning beforehand.

Red Phoenix is so programmed to contradict the mainstream media, he ends up spouting right wing talking points.

"A few officials." You might want to check this : Capitol attack: the five people who died. If you do, maybe you could think about the difference between the original description of what happened to Sicknick and the footnote at the end.

One thing that I originally found interesting was this :

Watching The Watchmen - July 20th

The Michigan case is unfolding at another fraught moment in American history. In court, the government has drawn a direct line between the alleged kidnapping plot and the Jan. 6 insurrection, holding up the storming of the US Capitol as evidence that the Michigan defendants posed a profound threat.

Last month, Attorney General Merrick Garland stressed in a speech about the government’s approach to domestic terrorism that it is focused “on violence, not ideology,” adding that “in America, espousing a hateful ideology is not unlawful.” But if the defense is able to undermine the methods used to build the Michigan case, it could add weight to the theory that the administration is conducting a witch hunt against militant groups — and, by extension, that the Jan. 6 insurrection was a black op engineered by the FBI.

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/kenbensinger/michigan-kidnapping-gretchen-whitmer-fbi-informant

Then a month later the Reuters article that I linked to :

Exclusive: FBI finds scant evidence U.S. Capitol attack was coordinated - sources

Though federal officials have arrested more than 570 alleged participants, the FBI at this point believes the violence was not centrally coordinated by far-right groups or prominent supporters of then-President Donald Trump, according to the sources, who have been either directly involved in or briefed regularly on the wide-ranging investigations.

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/exclusive-fbi-finds-scant-evidence-us-capitol-attack-was-coordinated-sources-2021-08-20/

Maybe it's just another of those weird coincidences, but it could also turn out to be something else if we ever find out the actual extent of what the FBI knew about Jan 6th.

1 hour ago, Bjornebye said:

I think someone posted a link to a chat room where all the militant right were planning it? It even had threads on how to make homemade bombs. Absolute lunatics 

I've not seen that and I'm not trying to deny that most of the Trump supporters there were being mental or that some of them planned to break in to the building, that's been accepted by some of the peope behind it I think. The idea that it was a genuine attempt to carry out some type of coup once inside has always bugged me though.

On 23/08/2021 at 16:20, Red Phoenix said:

I've not seen that and I'm not trying to deny that most of the Trump supporters there were being mental or that some of them planned to break in to the building, that's been accepted by some of the peope behind it I think. The idea that it was a genuine attempt to carry out some type of coup once inside has always bugged me though.

I don't think they had much of a clue what to do when they got inside. Footage showed some woman seemingly in charge, shouting at them and telling them to go upstairs etc but I think they were just trying to delay the declarations until midnight. I'm sure they were saying that if it doesn't happen on that date it's unprecedented and would have at the very least given the gammon headed tub of bean juice and racism a stay of execution. 

6 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

I don't think they had much of a clue what to do when they got inside. Footage showed some woman seemingly in charge, shouting at them and telling them to go upstairs etc but I think they were just trying to delay the declarations until midnight. I'm sure they were saying that if it doesn't happen on that date it's unprecedented and would have at the very least given the gammon headed tub of bean juice and racism a stay of execution. 

A good amount of them probably had some hope of getting in but when faced with the reality of actually being in there ended up being a bit lost about what to do next. Those that planned to break in from the off probably had some ideas though and I might read on that more at some point.

It's not something I've thought about much since it took place really and it's only been when Greenwald has brought up the subject again that I've looked at what's been happening.

15 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

A good amount of them probably had some hope of getting in but when faced with the reality of actually being in there ended up being a bit lost about what to do next. Those that planned to break in from the off probably had some ideas though and I might read on that more at some point.

It's not something I've thought about much since it took place really and it's only been when Greenwald has brought up the subject again that I've looked at what's been happening.

The Capitol building being stormed the way it was has been given a lot less publicity than it should have. If it wasn't for one of the twats getting shot it would barely be spoken about, certainly by Fox news. Everyone seems to have forgotten that an hour before, the fat gammon tit saying he will march up Pennsylvania Ave with them. Subsequently of course he didn't but he waited until the last moment to tweet about it despite sitting back with his thumb up his daughters arse watching it unfold. It was definitely a coup 'of sorts'. Whatever that means. 

15 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

The Capitol building being stormed the way it was has been given a lot less publicity than it should have. If it wasn't for one of the twats getting shot it would barely be spoken about, certainly by Fox news. Everyone seems to have forgotten that an hour before, the fat gammon tit saying he will march up Pennsylvania Ave with them. Subsequently of course he didn't but he waited until the last moment to tweet about it despite sitting back with his thumb up his daughters arse watching it unfold. It was definitely a coup 'of sorts'. Whatever that means. 

One of the main reasons I started in here back when it happened was because I had an issue with the woman (Ashli Babbitt) being shot and killed because she was unarmed. That caused a load of arguing though and Howie will probably remember us going on about it too, so I'll hopefully avoid going back into all of that.

I can also understand that maybe the guy that shot her freaked out when seeing tons of Trump supporters storming the place too. The whole thing was chaos and maybe in future, presidents will at least concede the defeat in elections even if they do think it was rigged if they don't have some type of proof that can instantly challenge the result. Trump should've known that the main reason for conceding was to stop many of his supporters from going mental and the risks it brought but as we know he didn't give a fuck about that and actively made it all worse.

• 4 weeks later...

Fox News has banned Rudy Giuliani and his son from appearing on its network, Politico Playbook reported on Friday.

Giuliani, who served as a personal attorney to former President Trump, has reportedly been banned for close to three months and only learned of the move by the news network right before Sept. 11, the news outlet reported. 

Prior to a scheduled appearance on “Fox & Friends” on Sept. 11, “Fox & Friends Weekend” co-host Pete Hegseth apparently called the former New York City mayor the night before and apologized, telling him he had been canceled from their guest list.

• 6 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Looks like the FBI knew a fair bit more about Jan 6th than was originally thought.

After the Capitol attack, someone who appears to have been plugged into the FBI emailed the now-No. 2 official at the bureau, warning him that a "sizable percentage" of those in the FBI were "sympathetic" to Jan. 6 rioters, NBC News previously reported.

Questions about the FBI's handling of intelligence have been highlighted in Jan. 6 prosecutions, including the ongoing Oath Keepers seditious conspiracy trial. The son of one Capitol rioter who tipped off the FBI about his father, Guy Reffitt, in December 2020 testified at trial that he didn't hear back until after the Capitol attack.

In the Oath Keepers trial, testimony revealed that in November 2020, the bureau's Clarksburg, West Virginia, office received a tip about an Oath Keepers call in which founder Stewart Rhodes talked about how Trump supporters were "very much in exactly the same spot that the Founding Fathers were" before the American Revolution and that "We're not getting out of this without a fight."

"Did anyone call you back?" the tipster who recorded the call was asked on the stand last month.

"Yeah," the tipster replied, "after it all happened."

Jan. 6 committee staffers told preliminary plan for final report would focus largely on Trump, not on law enforcement failures, sources say

5 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Couldn't we all forsee what was going to happen? I mean the first sight of the confederate and that vile racist "Don't tread on me" flag was a clear indication that entitled cunts were gonna cunt. 

The lack of security, especially compared to a BLM march before it, was dodgy as fuck.