You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

US Election 2020 Thread

Bjornebye

Trump's current Pentagon chief, they're all helmets. 

Yesterday we were talking to some guy, some lieutenant colonel, or colonel, said 'what are you flying?' Said 'F-35,' I was like that's a piece of ... and he was like ... and he laughed, and I was like, ‘No seriously, tell me about it,’ he told reporters.

“I'm like, we have created a monster, but you know that.”

Mr Miller then went on to praise the success Russia has had during the Trump administration.

"I kind of, you know, like professionally I'm like, wow, they're doing pretty well, and they're using a lot of irregular warfare concepts, information, all this stuff, in a way that, you know, like ... good on them," he said.

1 hour ago, Jennings said:

Where's this from, fella?

Kayleigh McEnany runs and hides

Over the weekend it was reported that Donald Trump is now pissed off at Kayleigh McEnany, because even though she was willing to lie for him throughout his attempt at overthrowing the election, she hasn’t been willing to defend him in the wake of his Capitol terrorist attack. Now it turns out Kayleigh is running for the hills.

Now Kayleigh McEnany is “finished” at the White House as of yesterday, according to the New York Times. She hasn’t resigned or anything, she’s just not planning to show up for work this upcoming week. No reason has been given, but we suspect it has something to do with the fact that Trump is now blaming her for his downfall.

And so yet another of Donald Trump’s henchmen is facing a disastrous end. Kayleigh McEnany destroyed her future employability by leading the charge in pushing Trump’s deranged lies about the election result. Now she’s on the outs with him anyway. She’s getting the worst ending possible, and she deserves it.

Getting fairly widely reported that she’s out, one way or another. Still officially the Press Secretary but the WH has said she won’t be on site next week.

• Upvote 1

Gotta be honest - I am finding this fascinating.

I mean, I don't like the bloodshed but the political circus and the personalities are compelling viewing.

I am genuinely surprised that the Republican party haven't intervened. Trump is a massive liability and so obviously out for himself - at all costs.

12 minutes ago, Jennings said:

Gotta be honest - I am finding this fascinating.

I mean, I don't like the bloodshed but the political circus and the personalities are compelling viewing.

I am genuinely surprised that the Republican party haven't intervened. Trump is a massive liability and so obviously out for himself - at all costs.

They aren't sure how many of the 74m Trump votes will be lost to them if they kick him through the door marker ' Do One '

• Upvote 1

The more details that come out, the more it seems clear that this guy has been pretty much at the forefront of the media for performative purposes, making it look like it was a 'protest' by a bunch of wackos having their moment, while diverting attention away from the inside job that was going on. From the accounts of the 'tours' of the Capitol being given the day before, to the video of the woman with a megaphone giving very specific information about where door were located, to those already inside. It now appears that that woman was the mother of gun-toting Rep. Boebert, who refused to walk through a magnetometer at the Capitol Building.

Then there was Cruz and Hawley raising objections to the votes, which were going to have no meaningful effect, but, they did serve the purpose of delaying proceedings up to a time when the rioters were inside the building. 

As more and more details come to light, it seems certain that a number of Republicans are going to be getting a knock on their door very soon.

Within the past hour, Ben Goldey, the communications director for Boebert has resigned after just a couple of weeks in the job.

3 hours ago, Anubis said:

Aaaaaaand were live.

Sounds really bright. 

Drove in full disguise

Officers in Washington DC arrested a Virginia man who tried to pass through a Capitol police checkpoint carrying fake inaugural credentials, a loaded handgun and more than 500 rounds of ammunition.

The man, identified in court papers as Wesley Allen Beeler, was driving a pickup truck with several firearm-related bumper stickers, including one that read: “If they come for your guns Give ‘Em your bullets first,” the papers said.

Beeler presented an “unauthorized inauguration credential” at a Capitol police checkpoint on Friday evening, court papers said.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Anubis said:

So, morning of the 17th on the Eastern Seaboard. Today is the day the QAnon/Maga crowd were selling as all out assault on State Capitols day.

It's Sunday and the football playoffs are on so, busy.

Tomorrow, no can do - MLK day.

Will see if I have any time early nest week.